• Bookmark hashtag #RDLMS on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Assetto Corsa developers, are they really this childish?

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by Tommi Ylén, Jan 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. If Fredrik was just a sim racer, this would be true. The conversation between them has already spread wide outside of this small community. He is pretty known guy.

Difference is, EA is so big of a company you have no idea who to directly blame.. And EA doesn't insult (afaik?), they just keep silent and ignores everyone.

Political correctness has nothing to do with this. This is part of advertisement, although not positive :speechless:

• Haha Haha x 1
  2. It's always fun complaining about the end result while conveniently ignoring the lead-up and context. Overreacting dev or not.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Ross Garland

Ross Garland
    A legend in my own mind... Premium

I'm not talking about the general public, I'm talking about the big companies that Kunos has to do business with in order to exist at all. They care about reputation. They sometimes pull out of a sport completely to protect their rep, so disassociating themselves with a little studio like Kunos is hardly going to bother them.

A massive worldwide brand as established as EA with near infinite cash is hard to ignore. A little studio in Italy that barely anyone has heard of outside of sim racing whose main income comes from a single game, on the other hand, is.

No I'm not new. As I said, I do not frequent the AC forums, nor do I know Stefano personally. (And nor do I want to.) I've also only recently come back to sim racing after a four year hiatus, so have not been following AC's community here either.

I can't speak for anyone else, but personally I read all of the information available here and over at the AC forums. The point has also been made that regardless of context, the behaviour on display would be pretty appalling from anybody, let alone the representative of a "professional" company.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Haha Haha x 1
  4. you are making a major circus about this, which i enjoy

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Haha Haha x 1
    • Wow Wow x 1
  5. hmm, is this maybe a classic case of ... Success turned his head ? :sneaky: it wasn't like this in the first years.... or a 'i'm sick of hiding my true face' ;) .... or 'no, don't want to be mature' .... :p should we start a poll about it :D:p

• Like Like x 1
  6. you are majorly wrong, stefano is known for similar rants since netkar

• Sad Sad x 2
    • Love Love x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. well, whatever...don't get me wrong, i'm not interested in lordy, kunos or even AC anymore (allready uninstalled this game)...just having a nice discussion and some fun ;)

8. stop spreading disinformation/misinformation then

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Haha Haha x 3
    • Sad Sad x 1
  9. lel

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  10. aehm, these were just questions/hints for a poll, no (mis-)informations at all. you should learn reading then. but it seems it affects you, did it hurt you? ;)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Haha Haha x 2
    • Wow Wow x 1
  11. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright
    Join us in the RD club races! Staff Premium

So it's moved from a tiny bubble to a slightly less tiny bubble. I still doubt it has any far reaching implications.

You proved my point with this quote:

Reputation is based on the perception of the general public as a whole. Big auto companies being associated with an indie game dev who occasionally goes on internet rants is not going to have any appreciable effect on the general public's perception of the brand because, as you said, barely any of the general public has heard of Stefano or Kunos or Assetto Corsa.

12. So I guess you're the major impersonator, @PartyPePe

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
    • Haha Haha x 4
    • Sad Sad x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. I hope you and "YOUR NEW FRIEND" are happy now :laugh::laugh::laugh:

• Haha Haha x 3
  14. kek

15. Don't know why, but I like Stefano somehow...
    Of course he is not the optimal occupation for customer service but I think he's a damn good programmer and I appreciate what he has done with Assetto Corsa so far.

Sometimes I can't stand this exaggerated political correctness any longer.
    Sometimes I prefer hard but honest words over hypocritical polite phrases.
    Sometimes I accept a persons behavior just because it was a human fault.
    Don't get me wrong guys: It's absolutely not okay to insult or hurt people but sometimes we exaggerate our "first world problems" a bit...
    Sometimes I use the word "sometimes" too often...

• Like Like x 4
    • Haha Haha x 1
    • Sad Sad x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Turk

Turk
    Premium

I sometimes have to do exhibitions like the ideal homes show where I have to sell a product to the general public. For the most part it's repeating the same things over and over to people that are interested in buying your product. But every so often you get what we would call a tyre kicker. Fredrik's post in the OPs picture reminds me of those tyre kickers. He starts off by saying he doesn't know how sims work, or physics but then proceeds to tell them what they should be doing. I would get the same thing on the stand, "why aren't you using a different timber there, or a bigger hinge here, I would have done that different" and so on, as if the product spontaneously appeared behind us and we hadn't ever put any thought into it's construction. They have absolutely no intention of buying the product, they are just taking the opportunity to make themselves feel smart and important, even though everything their saying wouldn't work or would make the product so expensive he wouldn't buy it.

I usually take the time to talk to those people and correct their assumptions if it's not busy, the other sales guy that does the show has zero time for them, he can actually see them coming and tells them to "**** off" before they even open their mouths.

• Like Like x 7
    • Angry Angry x 3
    • Love Love x 1
    • Sad Sad x 1
  17. sometimes you should ask yourself why you open up a forum if you don't like what people say, criticize or make any suggestions. that's what a forum is for, that's how consumers are. that's a fact. so sometimes it's contraproductive to have an internal forum open for all if it's only viable for 'selected members' and the rest just recives rants and bans. they could also head everything to steam-discussions and make a private lobby. this btw, affects not just kunos and their forum.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Sad Sad x 1
  18. All this "support" for a guy who basically kept telling people to try LS_EXPX = -0.12 since it "makes the car more realistic".

wtf.

LS_EXPX = banana. Car feels AWESOME. Learn Kunos. Do the math.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Haha Haha x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. I don't think its this. For me its more the kind like Lord Kunos act in this case... :whistling:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.