Assetto Corsa developers, are they really this childish?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember myself getting instantly banned on Assetto Corsa forum on questioning something really simple and not so big of a deal, this was in 2013 or 2014 I think. I have read a lot of other people getting banned too, for no real reason. The developers act like dictators and attack you with insults if you doubt or question any of the content in game.

This time it really went far. In short, Fredrik Sørlie is trying to mod his own car ingame, those who don't know him, you can find him on youtube easily.
Pretty much he was just trying to get help from the developers figuring things out, and the developer went nuts. Here is a screenshot of the developer acting like Kim Jong-un.

Really out of words..

lvzbakshd72xtry0oqcf.jpg

I don't use the official AC forums so I don't know what the atmosphere is like over there. On the face of it the above is just... craziness. That said, the screenshot only shows half the conversation. We don't know what came before, what it was exactly that set the dev off on his tirade, or what the poster's original attitude was before his apparent apology. I've been admin/mod on enough forums over the years to know that people can be very 'selective' with their evidence of reported wrong-doing.

I'm not attacking or defending anyone here. I'm simply saying that without the full picture and each side's story, you can't make an informed judgement.

lol, if you don't look at the avatars/names on the post everybody would probably say, there is a mature guy talking to a little kiddo. and guess who this little kiddo is...Lord Kiddo :roflmao::D

but i also got banned from kiddo himself..... my offer to crawl my balls still exists lordy :D

I don't use the official AC forums so I don't know what the atmosphere is like over there. On the face of it the above is just... craziness. That said, the screenshot only shows half the conversation. We don't know what came before, what it was exactly that set the dev off on his tirade, or what the poster's original attitude was before his apparent apology. I've been admin/mod on enough forums over the years to know that people can be very 'selective' with their evidence of reported wrong-doing.

I'm not attacking or defending anyone here. I'm simply saying that without the full picture and each side's story, you can't make an informed judgement.

http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/the-steering-grip-front-tires-terible.41500/

I think this is where it began

Well, from reading that thread there was apparently another discussion elsewhere involving the same guy too. No links though.

However, I have to agree that the dev's behaviour throughout that "discussion" is shockingly unprofessional and, yes, incredibly immature. There's inability to take feedback/criticism, and then there's that... a whole different level. It really doesn't matter if Fredrik is right, wrong, or in any way 'qualified' to make the opinion he's making or not (which he clearly is, as it happens)... there is absolutely no need to react the way the dev did. And on top of everything else, he doesn't even practice what he preaches... keeps demanding evidence, yet provides none himself.

I am honestly shocked and amazed at the behaviour shown in that one thread alone. Given that he freely admits to spending 2016 banning anyone he considers to be an "idiot", I certainly won't be bothering with that forum anytime soon.

And on top of everything else, he doesn't even practice what he preaches... keeps demanding evidence, yet provides none himself

i reckon i had some serious issues with the ai-behaviour when i was still active in the forums early 2016 around...well, they wanted evidence, i showed them some. uploaded some yt-videos showing exactly the bad ai-behaviour.... all what happened, was a guy (dunno, a friend of kunos or from his network or whatever) who tried to convince me everything is okay with the ai and i made some wrong decisions driving lol :D

all what happened, was a guy (dunno, a friend of kunos or from his network or whatever) who tried to convince me everything is okay with the ai and i made some wrong decisions driving lol :D

Of course, can't beat the math calculcations, the game is always right and you have to compensate. You can't play the game, you have to play with the game :rolleyes: By no means AC is bad game, it's the best simulator I have played, and will continue to play. Just baffled that such game has been developed by such developers. How is this even possible?

The thing is, the dev doesn't seem to care about displaying such behaviour on a public forum.

What he's clearly not considering is that, developer or not, he is also a businessman. His current business relies entirely on the co-operation and endorsement of huge, well known brands that place huge importance on their own reputation and associations. If the likes of BMW, Porsche and Ferrari see that kind of abuse coming from the head of a studio they're associated with, how much longer do you think those associations is likely to last? And what about new brands for the future that will be doing some research on the studio before agreeing to contracts?

His need to rant and rave is apparently overwhelming his basic common sense. Very, very short-sighted indeed.

The thing is, the dev doesn't seem to care about displaying such behaviour on a public forum.

What he's clearly not considering is that, developer or not, he is also a businessman. His current business relies entirely on the co-operation and endorsement of huge, well known brands that place huge importance on their own reputation and associations. If the likes of BMW, Porsche and Ferrari see that kind of abuse coming from the head of a studio they're associated with, how much longer do you think those associations is likely to last? And what about new brands for the future that will be doing some research on the studio before agreeing to contracts?

His need to rant and rave is apparently overwhelming his basic common sense. Very, very short-sighted indeed.

I doubt it's an issue. The only people that know about it are sim racers and we're a small bunch, it's not something the general public will ever know about or care about.

i also doubt it's an big issue. if it would be one, EA wouldn't exist anymore :D It doesn't really matter how someone runs his company or if he is an di*khead. You mostly look at the game itself and the company which made it regarding support,patches etc.The 'nicer' companies just get more support from the gamers imo (pre-orders, dlcs, more willing to pay etc.).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 350 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 243 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%