Assetto Corsa Community Blog - Console Patch Preview

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
AC Console Fix Preview.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni have announced a patch is very close to release for the console version of popular racing simulation Assetto Corsa. Many fans have been highly vocal about the issues found in the recent console edition of the game, and will be very relieved to find Kunos are close to deploying a fix to many of the problems currently experienced by players.

As part of the now semi regular community blog articles, Kunos have confirmed the long hours put into fixing the issues experienced by console users of the game have paid off, and a patch to both Xbox One and PlayStation 4 releases will be deployed in the near future.

Highlights from the patch announcement include the studios intentions to address several issues such as the screen tearing problems and ongoing FPS performance difficulties. Other areas due to receive Kunos attention include work to balance the offline AI, including the addition of two new difficulty levels – 'Very Easy' and 'Very Hard'.

Check out the full Community Blog posting for September below:

"Firstly, we just want to say a massive thank you to everyone who has shown us their support over the last few weeks! We are so unbelievably grateful to have such passionate players who spend many, many hours a week playing Assetto Corsa and take the time to chat to us across social media. It means so much to the team!

So, what’s new? Well, we wanted to give you guys an insight into SOME of the things to expect as part of our next update on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, due later this month.
  • Framerate will be smoother and screen tearing issues have been resolved.
  • Players will be able to select their starting position in the race options screen.
  • On launching Assetto Corsa, the game will recognise the device you are using, when selecting the ‘X’ (PlayStation 4) or ‘A’ (Xbox One) button in the start screen.
  • Thrustmaster T80, T100 and TH8 shifter functionality has been improved.
  • A new option which allows the player to set the visual steering lock to any degree is coming.
  • 2 additional difficulty levels – 'Very Easy' and 'Very Hard'.
  • AI strengths have been re-balanced, in response to community feedback.
A full list of additions, fixes and features will be published in due course.

On behalf of the whole team, we want to thank our community for their incredible enthusiasm, passion and patience! Be rest assured, Assetto Corsa 1.0 on PS4/XB1 is just the start. As we’ve said numerous times before, we fully intend on building on these foundations, going forward. We’re excited and we hope you guys are too!"

Assetto Corsa is available to purchase for PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 now.

AC Console Fix Preview 2.jpg

Check out the Assetto Corsa sub forum here at RaceDepartment. The place to go for AC news and discussions at your fingertips. We hold a substantial, quality, modding database of all the best released and WIP mod content for the sim. Head over to our downloads section to see what we have on offer today. As well as the great chat, latest news, download items and setup advice, we also host some pretty epic club and league racing events. Its superb fun and a great way to get the most from the game. Check it all out now!

Glad to hear AC for console is being developed and improved following the recent issues? Looking forward to the patch? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
"Why don't you have used the slider on the console 1.0 version ?
You told us that the both version have got the same code, and it appears that it's not the truth."

UI part is different code, and the slider is part of the UI, so it's really that hard to understand why it's not the same ?
yes it's hard to understand this choice , even Stefano is NOT agree with this decision, is he?
can U read ?

are you here to participate to the topic or you're just here to miss the point everytime you post?

of course! same as him replying to the perfectly legit suggestion that they lied about console and PC having same AI code because console has difficulty presets and PC has a slider and some presets :O_o::rolleyes:

Last edited:
of course! same has him replying to the perfectly legit suggestion that they lied about console and PC having same AI code because console has difficulty presets and PC has a slider and some presets :O_o::rolleyes:

it doesn't help us Andy when you tried to twist Lelinuxuen52 or everyone else 's words.
that's not what he said but i guess it doesn't matter...

of course! same has him replying to the perfectly legit suggestion that they lied about console and PC having same AI code because console has difficulty presets and PC has a slider and some presets :O_o::rolleyes:
Well they do have different AI code, console has AC 1.4 ai, PC has AC 1.8 ai.

Normally it would go without saying, but they are not going to "update" the PC to 1.4 to make both systems run the same code, they'll update the console to 1.8.

Normally it would go without saying, but they are not going to "update" the PC to 1.4 to make both systems run the same code, they'll update the console to 1.8.

What is this? Are you using logic and/or common sense in an internet argument? I never.......... :roflmao:

1.4 was a long time ago. if they didnt halt console progress because they had to get ready for release maybe it was the latest update they were happy with at the time they ported it and then just focused on making it as stable and playable as possible with the time they had left while the PC AI continued to progress. i think most players that are here and on AC forums are aware the PC version is ahead of console... and anyway, their point was that PC and console AI must be different because PC has a difficulty slider and console has easy, medium & hard difficulty settings.

and anyway, their point was that PC and console AI must be different because PC has a difficulty slider and console has easy, medium & hard difficulty settings.

How does the difference in a UI interface have anything to do with the actual behavior of the AI? The "Easy" setting is equal to 88% on the PC, adding a "Very Easy" option takes it down to 80%. That doesn't mean the AI behavior has changed, it just means you can now set them to the same minimum as on the PC.

How does the difference in a UI interface have anything to do with the actual behavior of the AI? The "Easy" setting is equal to 88% on the PC, adding a "Very Easy" option takes it down to 80%. That doesn't mean the AI behavior has changed, it just means you can now set them to the same minimum as on the PC.

yes, i tried my best to explain that on the 1st page (although i didnt recall correct % for easy)

anyway Stefano's reply is the first i have heard about the console being on 1.4 build and he mentioned roughly when the console version should be updated to meet the PC build so we got some good information from this comments section :)

yes, i tried my best to explain that on the 1st page (although i didnt recall correct % for easy)

anyway Stefano's reply is the first i have heard about the console being on 1.4 build and he mentioned roughly when the console version should be updated to meet the PC build so we got some good information from this comments section :)

Apologies, I must have misinterpreted your post.

People who are upset that console code is behind PC need to get used to that. Fact is Kunos can push out PC updates anytime they see fit, however no code can be pushed out to the consoles without first being vetted by both Microsoft and Sony. Thats just how it is and there is absolutely nothing Kunos can do about that.

People who are upset that console code is behind PC need to get used to that. Fact is Kunos can push out PC updates anytime they see fit, however no code can be pushed out to the consoles without first being vetted by both Microsoft and Sony. Thats just how it is and there is absolutely nothing Kunos can do about that.

Yep. Best case scenario the console will always be at least 2-3 weeks behind the PC version. But now they can build assets and features for both at the same time which should speed up the process and help get the two versions closer to each other.

Assetto Corsa is a WIP! It always will be and the console version shares this DNA with the original PC version. It´s a hardcore Simulator, not an arcade racing game like 99% of the titles on the PS4. I was hopeful for Project Cars and I have always bee a fan of Gran Turismo (still am) but they can´t compare with AC. Most critics on Youtube are casual racers or arcade gamers, not members of the sim community so their judgement is somewhat umprecise. I expect the console version to get better and better with each patch. Good thing about today´s games is that they are not stuck in "bad mode" after they are released! Let´s give Kunos the propper respect and credit for giving us such a great title! Drive safely, guys!

There is something strange in console versions physics which makes driving more difficult than on pc. Like ie F40, I can drive it just fine in pc-version but in One version I mainly just spin all the time. And this with wheel(on Xbox One CSW v2 with CSL P1-rim).

Of course all of that could be result from console version's bad fps's and quite severe performance hickups, while on pc I have nice 150-200fps all the time and ffb is on totally different level.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back