Assetto Corsa Community Blog - Console Patch Preview

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
AC Console Fix Preview.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni have announced a patch is very close to release for the console version of popular racing simulation Assetto Corsa. Many fans have been highly vocal about the issues found in the recent console edition of the game, and will be very relieved to find Kunos are close to deploying a fix to many of the problems currently experienced by players.

As part of the now semi regular community blog articles, Kunos have confirmed the long hours put into fixing the issues experienced by console users of the game have paid off, and a patch to both Xbox One and PlayStation 4 releases will be deployed in the near future.

Highlights from the patch announcement include the studios intentions to address several issues such as the screen tearing problems and ongoing FPS performance difficulties. Other areas due to receive Kunos attention include work to balance the offline AI, including the addition of two new difficulty levels – 'Very Easy' and 'Very Hard'.

Check out the full Community Blog posting for September below:

"Firstly, we just want to say a massive thank you to everyone who has shown us their support over the last few weeks! We are so unbelievably grateful to have such passionate players who spend many, many hours a week playing Assetto Corsa and take the time to chat to us across social media. It means so much to the team!

So, what’s new? Well, we wanted to give you guys an insight into SOME of the things to expect as part of our next update on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, due later this month.
  • Framerate will be smoother and screen tearing issues have been resolved.
  • Players will be able to select their starting position in the race options screen.
  • On launching Assetto Corsa, the game will recognise the device you are using, when selecting the ‘X’ (PlayStation 4) or ‘A’ (Xbox One) button in the start screen.
  • Thrustmaster T80, T100 and TH8 shifter functionality has been improved.
  • A new option which allows the player to set the visual steering lock to any degree is coming.
  • 2 additional difficulty levels – 'Very Easy' and 'Very Hard'.
  • AI strengths have been re-balanced, in response to community feedback.
A full list of additions, fixes and features will be published in due course.

On behalf of the whole team, we want to thank our community for their incredible enthusiasm, passion and patience! Be rest assured, Assetto Corsa 1.0 on PS4/XB1 is just the start. As we’ve said numerous times before, we fully intend on building on these foundations, going forward. We’re excited and we hope you guys are too!"

Assetto Corsa is available to purchase for PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 now.

AC Console Fix Preview 2.jpg

Check out the Assetto Corsa sub forum here at RaceDepartment. The place to go for AC news and discussions at your fingertips. We hold a substantial, quality, modding database of all the best released and WIP mod content for the sim. Head over to our downloads section to see what we have on offer today. As well as the great chat, latest news, download items and setup advice, we also host some pretty epic club and league racing events. Its superb fun and a great way to get the most from the game. Check it all out now!

Glad to hear AC for console is being developed and improved following the recent issues? Looking forward to the patch? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
It's amazing how something so easy can become so hard to understand for some people. Internet really has a gift ,by allowing everybody to comment, it really shows how <snip> the average joe can be.
HEY stefano !
how are you dude?
so finally, there is some difference between console version and pc version.
same code but different results....:D

Last edited by a moderator:
It's the age we live in, the vast majority of the posts on the forums across the board (every game) is complaining, whining, criticizing. If a game developer has hit the mark on 95% of their target, the vast majority seems to focus on the 5% the could use improvement. Its the "glass half empty vs half full" - hard to satisfy people now days!

We just love the game, i love assetto corsa, this creation doesn't only belong to Mr Stefano.
we are a part of the community,i have many multiplayer servers and i have all the rights to leave my feelings here, as long as i stay polite and do not break the forums rules.

Last edited:
It's amazing how something so easy can become so hard to understand for some people. Internet really has a gift ,by allowing everybody to comment, it really shows how <snip< the average joe can be.

Not convinced? All you have to do is read the comments that will come after this :p.. they will all prove my point exactly, one by one :D

It's very cool to see you there. Thanks for coming, may be we will have a nice and kind discuss with you about PC dev and console dev ?

Can you explain what can decide your team to modify the code of the game and makes it easier than it was ?
Because we don't have any problem with the PC (dev and code) about IA.

I'm very surprised to see the new way of the console dev After beeing surprised to see a console build annoncement and released.

Or may be you'll try to tunt customers yet ?

It's amazing how something so easy can become so hard to understand for some people. Internet really has a gift ,by allowing everybody to comment,

indeed you cannot block anyone who is not agree with you like you did on twitter, it's internet mate.
you have a very special sens of democracy...."not agree?" ==> block or ban. :ninja:

Kthxbye ;)

Last edited:
It's amazing how something so easy can become so hard to understand for some people. Internet really has a gift ,by allowing everybody to comment, it really shows how <snip< the average joe can be.

Not convinced? All you have to do is read the comments that will come after this :p.. they will all prove my point exactly, one by one :D
God Stefano in the place ! Comments that will come after this are like your post point by point : useless.

aaaand... thx for reminding me why posting on forums is a waste of time.

back to work
Remember ! Go work.
#kthxbye. Console user are waiting AI downgrade :)

Can you explain what can decide your team to modify the code of the game and makes it easier than it was ?
Because we don't have any problem with the PC (dev and code) about IA.

Since you ask so nicely I'll gladly answer your question good sir:

On the PC you have a slider to set your AI speed that goes from 80% to 100%. On the console the slider has been replaced with a "level" setting. The 1.0 console version offers 3 leves, where the "easy" level is set to 88%. Which some customers commented as "too hard". So we expanded the number of levels to 5, with the lowest at 80%, exactly like on the PC.
Plus, because the console code is aligned with PC version circa 1.4 it was pretty hard for us to balance everything, so it is actually possible that the AI was performing faster in that version than in the current PC version.
By the time the Porsche DLC will start coming (version 1.10) the 2 versions will be aligned and the performance should be exactly the same, save for platform specific bugs.

Now it would be nice to understand how this can be turned into "make driving easier", because perhaps I am dumb (hint, I am pretty sure I am not :p ) but I really don't see how allowing console to access the same lowest AI level as the PC going to make driving any easier. And how allowing other people to enjoy AC is something that hurts you or the other brilliant minds that are complaining in this thread.. I am truly fascinated by how much of a mind bending this exercise requires.

It's really really really easy stuff guys, it doesn't take a genius to get it, come on.

And BTW guys.. thx for proving my point. I knew I could count on you :D :D :D :D :D

On the console the slider has been replaced with a "level" setting.
Did you think slider was too difficult to use for console player ?

It's really really really easy stuff guys, it doesn't take a genius to get it, come on.
We are stupid :) I love your guitar, I love your mind, I love your disdain..
Ready to buy future $500 DLC :)

And BTW guys.. thx for proving my point. I knew I could count on you :D :D :D :D :D
Thx

Last edited:
what are you talking about?

this conversation has begun few weeks ago on other topics.
read the whole thing and comment, or don't read because you don't care ( that i can understand) and do not comment
oh so I have to read every conversation before I can respond to people crying about having new very easy difficulty being added
while it seems that it's nothing else than different preset of soemthing that's already in the game , meaning that NO CHANGES are being done, it just that instead of 3 (or whatever) options , you will now have 5

omg yeah right, AC is being ruined becasue of console players ... omg :(

Since you ask so nicely I'll gladly answer your question good sir:

On the PC you have a slider to set your AI speed that goes from 80% to 100%. On the console the slider has been replaced with a "level" setting. The 1.0 console version offers 3 leves, where the "easy" level is set to 88%. Which some customers commented as "too hard". So we expanded the number of levels to 5, with the lowest at 80%, exactly like on the PC.
Plus, because the console code is aligned with PC version circa 1.4 it was pretty hard for us to balance everything, so it is actually possible that the AI was performing faster in that version than in the current PC version.
By the time the Porsche DLC will start coming (version 1.10) the 2 versions will be aligned and the performance should be exactly the same, save for platform specific bugs.

Now it would be nice to understand how this can be turned into "make driving easier", because perhaps I am dumb (hint, I am pretty sure I am not :p ) but I really don't see how allowing console to access the same lowest AI level as the PC going to make driving any easier. And how allowing other people to enjoy AC is something that hurts you or the other brilliant minds that are complaining in this thread.. I am truly fascinated by how much of a mind bending this exercise requires.

Ok understand.
But an other question for you : Why don't you have used the slider on the console 1.0 version ?
You told us that the both version have got the same code, and it appears that it's not the truth.

I want to open your eyes about console comunity : The difficulty will be too hard at 80% for them also.
They will cry more and more. You ll see that the difficulty downgrade will be the 1st step on console and for console users.

What about the next step now ? Is the console performance and capacity good and have you compared this version with the PC perfomances ?

Thanks to talk about the Porsche DLC (And we are very impatient to discover it), The game is amazing we agreed with this fact good sir. But pleased call me dear customer insted of good sir. It's a pleasure to talk with the Kunos team on a social network and forum.

We are worried about the fact that the casual consol comunity player could destroy your fabulous work on PC in some months. Trust me. We are customers and not kids, we had played at lots of differents kinds of simulations games. We know our subject. That's why, the majority of simulation games are on PC.
Because of the pc comunity, the pc performances and mods, the pc stuff for simulation games and improve our experiences as long customers time.

"I believe that when we lose someone we love that we have the obligation to honor it."
Slade.Wilson©

Thanks for your message kunos.

"Why don't you have used the slider on the console 1.0 version ?
You told us that the both version have got the same code, and it appears that it's not the truth."

UI part is different code, and the slider is part of the UI, so it's really that hard to understand why it's not the same ?

Wow this stuff is unbearable. Having a laugh, trolling devs about semantics? Add in some console wars level bs and PC elitism. Brilliant.
Why don't you have used the slider on the console 1.0 version ?
You told us that the both version have got the same code, and it appears that it's not the truth.

Stefano has a heart of gold for even responding to these "concerns".

Ok understand.
But an other question for you : Why don't you have used the slider on the console 1.0 version ?

Dear Customer,

Have you ever seen the AC console version? Have you not noticed that the entire UI has been redone (because the tech we use on the PC are not available there?)?. It shouldn't be that hard, there isn't a single screen where the UI is like the one on the PC.
If it is completely different, how can it be the same?
Perhaps when we say "the code is the same" we refer to the core of the game, which is the physics because the UI is OBVIOUSLY different.
Now, do you want go on saying "ah kunos lied to us because the UI is not the same"? By all means go on.. nobody will stop you.
The people in charge of designing the game for the console decided to go with levels rather than with a %. Personally I don't agree with the decision and I gave my opinion on the matter, but my job is to work on the physics engine and the PC graphics engine, game design I leave it to others.

Your question about performance does not make any sense. The PC performance depends on the hardware that you are using, you can have super uber hardware with great performance or very old slower hardware with less than stellar performance. My job is, and has always been, trying to squeeze the maximum from all these configurations and it will continue to go on as long AC is an active project.

Regarding your deep insight into the mind of console users, thank you for that, I can assure your opinion is noted and it will be given the attention it deserves.

Hope you are satisfied with these answers because I am done here, if not, peace.

Wow this stuff is unbearable. Having a laugh, trolling devs about semantics? Add in some console wars level bs and PC elitism. Brilliant.

lelinuxien52 said:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

this question at least seems legit Mr ZethGAF because Stefano answered this :

kunos

Kunos Simulazioni

The people in charge of designing the game for the console decided to go with levels rather than with a %. Personally I don't agree with the decision and I gave my opinion on the matter, but my job is to work on the physics engine and the PC graphics engine, game design I leave it to others.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back