Assetto Corsa: Build 0.9 Released (with multiplayer)

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Due to a few delays it took Kunos Simulazioni a little extra time to deliver the announced multiplayer functionality to the community. Today the wait ends as issues have been fixed and tested and are now available via a Steam update for customers.

Besides a whole bunch of servers provided by Kunos the community has start hosting the first multiplayer rooms already and of course you are more than welcome to visit the official RD servers as well.

Buy Assetto Corsa for only 34,99 EUR directly from the RD Store here

The 0.9 upgrade of Assetto Corsa brings the following features to the PC simulation.

Working Features:
  • Booking system
  • Pre-booked clients from server admins
  • Password protected server for booking
  • Password saving for different servers
  • Multi class races
  • Race weekend (practice,qualifying,race) with configurable duration and number of laps
  • Select penalty system or not.
  • Track cycling
  • Loop mode
  • Maximum client limit, determined by circuit pit boxes
  • Clients may re-join at any session if booked.
  • Dedicated server available.
  • 10 public official servers
Known Issues
  • Official server are set to 15 clients and we will gradually increase the clients number
  • with testing. Dedicated server is not limited.
  • Wheels remain always connected on the ground, even if cars flies, jumps of flips
  • Steering wheels angles might appear exaggerated, or inverted
  • Extended characters in player names, are not supported yet
  • Graphical active aero animations do not work on multiplayer clients yet
  • Opponents skidmarks are not visible yet
  • Opponents windshield are not visible in player’s mirrors yet
  • Opponents suspension movements are vertical, wheels might compenetrate cars body on some occasions
  • “Multiplayer options” option from the menu does not work yet (containing voting for skip session, restart servers, kick users, chats etc)
  • Switching between sessions dirt on the car doesn’t disappear race session ends some seconds after the leader finishes the race

Last edited:
When you say static background, you mean desactivate the "aero design"?

No.

Just when you have a background that is always changing, for example 2 or more different pictures. Every time it goes to fetch the next picture, it does a read on your Hard Drive.

So, just make your wallpaper picture static, just 1 thing.

That is, presuming it's not static already, of course.

• Deleted member 90535

The proper release can as well be 2.5, I saw some games being released as 1.5-1.6. I don't really care for the number, it's better to focus on the changelog and the game itself ;)

Guys i know what could mean but in the same time there was all that talk about the final version as been version 1.0 so to see something like 0.9.10 ...this means a change in the update numbers they used so far...in the same time the final release could be also done in 2 weeks time...

As long as the updates keep coming at this rate I don't care when it will be released. At this point there are already more cars then I will drive. Same with the circuits. I have so much fun at the moment that this is for me already the best sim I have ever owned.

• Deleted member 151827

As long as the updates keep coming at this rate I don't care when it will be released. At this point there are already more cars then I will drive. Same with the circuits. I have so much fun at the moment that this is for me already the best sim I have ever owned.
Agree with everything except there can never be to many cars!

I have not had a single good race... First it was all lags. Now lags are gone mostly but MP without damage system it is nightmare. It is hard to find a server with good drivers. Everyone are just crashig into each other. Also the ammount of servers droped down quaite a bit. I will wait till MP will be at more advanced level. So far I can't enjoy myself racing in MP and that is a shame.

• Deleted member 90535

- Fixes and optimizations for the server list interface
- Fix for an issue preventing the control configuration wizard from starting in some configs

- Default launcher theme: fixed the opponent selection being inactive which was introduced in an earlier update

- Default launcher theme: potential fix for the car modal overlay not displaying properly on very high resolution monitors.

Guys i know what could mean but in the same time there was all that talk about the final version as been version 1.0 so to see something like 0.9.10 ...this means a change in the update numbers they used so far...in the same time the final release could be also done in 2 weeks time...

0.10, 0.11, 0.12...

Anyway, I don't understand the obsession with the v1.0 release - it's not like the game will change massively from the last 0.xx release anyway. So the progress you see every week, is what the game is becoming. Whether they call the next version v0.10 or v1.0, it will be the same exact changes and game.

So don't stress yourself over version numbers, it'll only make you old faster. ;)

We are anxiously awaiting v1.0 not because of any great changes that will happen when we get there, but rather because it is the milestone that marks the impending release of mod tools. (although how long after 1.0 they are released will be "discussed" aplenty in the forums I am sure)

0.10, 0.11, 0.12...

Anyway, I don't understand the obsession with the v1.0 release - it's not like the game will change massively from the last 0.xx release anyway. So the progress you see every week, is what the game is becoming. Whether they call the next version v0.10 or v1.0, it will be the same exact changes and game.

So don't stress yourself over version numbers, it'll only make you old faster. ;)

Hahaha no probelms here..i was just pointing out that its wierd to see the version number changes and with the latest updates seems the numbers got another meaning...
Of course i expect the modding tools more than anything :D

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea