Assetto Corsa: Build 0.9 Released (with multiplayer)

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Due to a few delays it took Kunos Simulazioni a little extra time to deliver the announced multiplayer functionality to the community. Today the wait ends as issues have been fixed and tested and are now available via a Steam update for customers.

Besides a whole bunch of servers provided by Kunos the community has start hosting the first multiplayer rooms already and of course you are more than welcome to visit the official RD servers as well.

Buy Assetto Corsa for only 34,99 EUR directly from the RD Store here

The 0.9 upgrade of Assetto Corsa brings the following features to the PC simulation.

Working Features:
  • Booking system
  • Pre-booked clients from server admins
  • Password protected server for booking
  • Password saving for different servers
  • Multi class races
  • Race weekend (practice,qualifying,race) with configurable duration and number of laps
  • Select penalty system or not.
  • Track cycling
  • Loop mode
  • Maximum client limit, determined by circuit pit boxes
  • Clients may re-join at any session if booked.
  • Dedicated server available.
  • 10 public official servers
Known Issues
  • Official server are set to 15 clients and we will gradually increase the clients number
  • with testing. Dedicated server is not limited.
  • Wheels remain always connected on the ground, even if cars flies, jumps of flips
  • Steering wheels angles might appear exaggerated, or inverted
  • Extended characters in player names, are not supported yet
  • Graphical active aero animations do not work on multiplayer clients yet
  • Opponents skidmarks are not visible yet
  • Opponents windshield are not visible in player’s mirrors yet
  • Opponents suspension movements are vertical, wheels might compenetrate cars body on some occasions
  • “Multiplayer options” option from the menu does not work yet (containing voting for skip session, restart servers, kick users, chats etc)
  • Switching between sessions dirt on the car doesn’t disappear race session ends some seconds after the leader finishes the race

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 90535

- Fixed issue that prevented the refresh & ping buttons from being re-enabled.
- Added a fallback server in case main lobby server is inaccessible to client.
- Default launcher theme: yet another attempt at fixing the car modal overlay not displaying properly on very high resolution monitors.
- Server message overlays will now close when clicked.

- Even longer timeout value for retrieving the server list
- Added detailed logging for connection problems to the lobby server

Since the last update, no servers show on the list:mad:. Anyone else have this problem? I checked the official forum but there's not much discussion on the topic.

Edit: not sure what happened but it seems to have fixed itself.:O_o:

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 151827

Are we expecting anything new this Friday? Been a while since we got any content. Would be nice to get at least one car. Lets make it the 458 gt2! :)

Marco posted this on his Facebook today:

10301068_10202169762439494_3712143299056493736_n.jpg

• Deleted member 151827

Basically no new content, and " the Greek guy is in charge" lol
For real? No new content? With a chance of getting burned with dislikes i am getting a bit bored. Maybe just need to step away to rf2 or some other game for a bit. When i try to get onto mp, there are barely 20 people within the whole server list. Some new content would have brought life back to ac for me. This is just my thoughts so take it easy guys. lol

• Deleted member 151827

Feel free to be bored and play whatever else you want, but if you are already bored and there is around 90% of the content already available, not sure how long you are going to stay interested once they release the last 10%.
Looking forward to future content as well. I was just thinking that if there was at least another car that would help through the mp process. Make sense? Just seems to me that mp doesn't have the amount of people playing as i would have thought and was hoping for. You have read my post on here i am sure, i really like AC and is one of my favorite sims. Just saying, it wouldn't hurt to put out at least a car to keep people busy while trying to work out mp.

Looking forward to future content as well. I was just thinking that if there was at least another car that would help through the mp process. Make sense? Just seems to me that mp doesn't have the amount of people playing as i would have thought and was hoping for. You have read my post on here i am sure, i really like AC and is one of my favorite sims. Just saying, it wouldn't hurt to put out at least a car to keep people busy while trying to work out mp.
What days are you wanting to race? I've only really put in any amount of time getting to know a few cars and honestly I'm no where near bored.

• Deleted member 151827

What days are you wanting to race? I've only really put in any amount of time getting to know a few cars and honestly I'm no where near bored.
I guess i wouldn't say i am bored, that was probably the wrong word to use. More like i was hoping for a little bit better mp play. Just hard to find a race most of the time i race. Between maybe 6:00pm to 11:00pm est. Most of my Steam buddies are uk time or even earlier.

I guess i wouldn't say i am bored, that was probably the wrong word to use. More like i was hoping for a little bit better mp play. Just hard to find a race most of the time i race. Between maybe 6:00pm to 11:00pm est. Most of my Steam buddies are uk time or even earlier.

You realise you can sign up to one of our many club races and be guaranteed a race against quality opposition :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 299 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 207 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 200 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 150 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 265 13.6%