Assetto Corsa 1.3 & Dreampack #2 - What We Know So Far

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris

Premium
11951797_1219752514717731_1795256001143410184_n.jpg

I thought this thread could be used as a database of sorts to compile all the things we know that will be coming in 1.3 and the Dreampack DLC. If I've missed anything (or gotten something wrong), then feel free to add in the comments and I'll add it to the list, or amend mistakes :).

v1.3 Changelog:
  • 64Bit build.
  • Added soft locks.
  • Added support for DRS zones.
  • Customisable Multiplayer Server message.
  • More consistent and improved FFB for all cars.
  • Fixed setups in MP (In future can allow for setup exchanges between drivers on the server).
  • Some AI improvements.
  • Added grain and blister readings in the setup info screen.
  • Fixed AcServer not creating "results" folder Automatically.
  • Downshift gearbox protection for cars with sequential gearbox.
  • Cars with sequential gearboxes are now unable to shift into neutral while moving.
  • Fixed KERS disabled in pitlane.
  • acServer is now stressing much less Go' GC and should offer more stable performances.
  • Fixed gear ratio appearing with a double "/" in setup screen.
  • Added FORCE_TGT to force low red timer in assetto_corsa.ini
  • Fixed acServer unable to read ini values with a "=" character (ex AUTH).
  • Fixed driver name displayer not obeying to saved settings in MP.
  • New algorithms to calculate skid volumes and pitch, now working globally in the entire simulation.
  • Lap count is now reported using 16bit unsigned integer to server plugins.
  • Now using triple buffer when vsync is on to reduce latency.
  • Reduced latency for driver animations and audio in gear changes when not using shifter.
  • Exposure settings are now saved.
  • Tyre flatspots are now taking into account compound softness.
  • Windscreen now receives shadows.
  • Redesigned and faster code for logging.
  • Updated tyre model Version 5 for GT2 and GT3 cars, which should result in less understeer.
  • Zonda R, Ferrari 599XX and Tatuus FA01 now have tyre model V5.
  • Less lift off oversteer for the Lotus Evora S on version 5 street tyres.
  • GT2 and GT3 cars updated aerodynamic stalling for front splitter and diffuser.
  • Slight GT3 performance balancing.
  • McLaren 12C GT3 tyre corrections.
  • kseditor: now it uses the same ingame engine.
  • kseditor: added project management.
  • kseditor: added user personalisations.
  • kseditor: added floating windows and layout system.
  • kseditor: added Weather and PPfilter loader.
  • kseditor: added recent files/project management.
  • kseditor: added node filter in scene panel.
  • kseditor: added Material by Texture in Materials panel.
  • kseditor: added scene *5cons and side function buttons.
  • kseditor: added texture detail on Material panel.
  • kseditor: added Texture Review windows in utilities.
  • kseditor: fixed reload texture function.
  • kseditor: now the default CultureInfo is en-US (number format, etc.)
  • acServerManager: removed some upper limits on parameters.
  • acServerManager: preset name/description is more clear.
* Not really discernible on a tiny 360p resolution.

Dreampack #2: (7.99€)
  • Circuit de Catalunya - Yes, it is laser-scanned FYI.
  • Audi R8 LMS Ultra
  • Scuderia Cameron Glickenhaus SCG003
  • RUF RT12R (AWD)
  • RUD RT12R (RWD)
  • BMW M4 Coupe
  • BMW M4 Coupe Akrapovic Edition
  • Ford GT40 (Mk1)
  • Lamborghini Countach 5000 Quattro Valvole
  • Lamborghini Huracan GT3

Statement from Kunos(h) Simulazioni:
Dear AC followers, we are completing the final phase of beta testing, and we are glad to announce that Assetto Corsa 1.3 and Dream Pack 2 will be available for download by October 8th!

With Assetto Corsa 1.3 the process of improvement of all aspects of our simulation continues to progress properly. Here's following just few highlights of what you can expect to find in Assetto Corsa next week:

Assetto Corsa Dream Pack 2
The new Dream Pack 2 will include the Circuit of Catalunya, based on Laserscan point cloud, featuring GP and MotoGP layouts, as well as 7+2 new awesome and legendary cars:

Lamborghini Countach 5000 Quattro Valvole
Lamborghini Huracan GT3
Ford GT40 MK1
Scuderia Cameron Glickenhaus SCG003
AUDI R8 ULTRA 2014
RUF RT12R AWD
RUF RT12R RWD
BMW M4 Coupe
BMW M4 Coupe Akrapovic Edition

The Assetto Corsa Dream Pack 2 will be available on Steam by October 8th, at 7,99 EUR.

Assetto Corsa 1.3
Physics

64-bit natively supported and car physics calculated on multi-thread. The physics engine has been reworked to become completely multithreaded: as a result, the driving precision is augmented, the accuracy further improved and the physics solver has enough horsepower to completely resolve any difficult calculations any speed, achieving butter smooth Force Feedback and complete elimination of signal noise and vibrations. We'll be back with more details on physics updates when the new build will be released next week.

Graphics
2D/3D models, textures and shaders have been updated and improved, in order to keep the standards reached with the latest content. Now windscreens receive shadows, and a new camera facing feature improves the rendering of 2D/3D objects on track. A first basic support for dynamic objects on tracks has been added as well, and it will be improved in future updates, with the aim to get a more immersive environment.

Sound
Fine tuning and improved algorithms for audio editing: all new cars benefit by use of new techniques of recording and sampling for engines, interiors and exhaust systems, also thanks to the technical cooperation of Akrapovic. This allows to recreate a more detailed audio trace and the exclusive detail of each car, improving the immersion while driving. Content that are available already in Assetto Corsa will be updated during the process, to bring them to a higher level of realism and in line with the latest quality standards.

Multiplayer
Dedicated server has been optimized in order to improve general stability.
New parameters and features have been added to server configuration, in order to please the requests of gamers who are looking for a more comprehensive online experience.

Get ready to experience the most advanced driving experience!

Last edited:
not really riding the hype train on this pack yet, but 1.3 improvements (esp. 64bit) is a biggy.

Same here. Got enough old supercars and BMW's in the virtual garage already and Circuit de Catalunya is okay but certainly isn't in my top 10 most wanted tracks. Given the general requirements of AC I would guess most people already have 8GB+ RAM so going 64 bit and getting some extra space to play with seems like a no brainer.

I will buy this pack anyway as I want to support Kunos but would rather they concentrated on improving the core sim and worked more on the MP and AI rather than adding loads more cars.

I will buy this pack anyway as I want to support Kunos but would rather they concentrated on improving the core sim and worked more on the MP and AI rather than adding loads more cars.
They can't stop production of new cars and tracks, because there's already a list of content to be included in the console version (I don't have such list, but guess they have it internally).
And another reason why they can't stop production of new content, is because even in 'complete-finished' sim racing games, people still ask for new content; so even if AC one day is complete, people will still want new cars and tracks, unless by then there's talks about a new AC, even in a new AC people will want new content compared to previous AC game.

So is not just about having a complete or finished sim racing game, people still want new content in iracing, pcars, rf2, gsce, raceroom and those have some more features in offline/online than AC has now. If the game stays the same for too long, it becomes stagnant, so is not all bad that AC is still a work in progress game...

Thankfully not all people need more car content. On the contrary, I'd exchange all the previous road cars for a handful of racing cars.

It's supposed to be a racing simulator, not a virtual car collector.

Good bunch of tracks in combination with solid race car classes and I am happy.

Thankfully not all people need more car content. On the contrary, I'd exchange all the previous road cars for a handful of racing cars.

It's supposed to be a racing simulator, not a virtual car collector.

Good bunch of tracks in combination with solid race car classes and I am happy.
Such a closed minded statement just shocks me. Well since I dont like online racing I think we should lobby about the wasted resources put into multiplayer. Steph stated 10-15% use it and the vast majority never ever hit the button. So I would be happier if they canned multiplayer and put more resources into AI and hot lapping.

Remove multiplayer and I am happy!
/s

If that's your opinion that's fine of course. Can I have my opinion too please?

I don't like roadcars in a racing game as they are just that: road cars to drive from A to B. However in an open world game like Test Drive Unlimited they fit in perfectly for cruising.

It isn't a virtual car collector, because the road cars so far are also good for driving/racing on tracks... except the nismo gt-r, which is like a space ship where you can just control 4 directional thrusters individually, so basically you're more racing against yourself than against others :p

I think they selected road cars that are good for it, or good enough. Real life motorsports/amateur racing isn't just GT3, F1, LMP.

But be careful what you wish for, if you want them to stop producing more content, we can miss out more race based content. From the licenses they have incoming, I think there are way more race cars than road cars. But content won't stop for now, because they have it in pipeline to be ready for console release.

Public multiplayer has been nicely populated in the last days, been racing online these days more than I did in the last 3 months.

But the problem with leagues is that they aren't integrated in the game. They are this separate thing where just a small niche uses. This isn't suited for the masses, and I find it pointless to be angry why league participation is low in various communities and directly relate that to the game quality and number of features.
Leagues will never catch on unless is served as fast food to the masses, by directly integrating it in the game, people having a profile with a performance and safety rank and giving a purpose/meaning for people to want to win races and stay safe. A rank is usually sufficient to motivate people.

RD, simHQ, and other communities will always talk that participation is low and the problem is that they don't have enough features and tools, but even with those tools, the participation won't raise to be noticed. Integrated leagues/online championships/scheduled races/ranks directly in the game can try to solve the niche problem that is Online in sim racing game.
Then having extra-essential features and tools can diversify the types of how races happen, depending on the motorsport class. But imo this is just to shut up 'hardcore simracers', saying 'oh this game doesn't have this and that and others have it', yet participation will remain very low, just look at gsce, rf2.
Leagues can happen independently if you have or not "hardcore features and tools", this won't solve the low participation and the niche that it is.

RD, simHQ, and other communities will always talk that participation is low and the problem is that they don't have enough features and tools, but even with those tools, the participation won't raise to be noticed.
If all the online communities who dedicate their entire site to racing online in leagues and clubs are all in mutual agreement that Assetto Corsa is still lacking essential features for flagship league racing, then it's because Assetto Corsa is still lacking essential features for flagship league racing.

Don't get me wrong, Kunos are definitely heading in the right direction, but the stuff they're adding to MP now should've been in the game a long time ago. And because the MP side of things has been developed so slowly in comparison to other aspects of the game, a huge chunk of the user-base have already buggered off a long time ago to other games that do offer the online features and solid netcode.

Last edited:
What's the purpose of flagship league racing? There are other sims with much more diversity of online features and tools, but is somehow only reserved to the hardcore purists.

I hope Kunos adds these features, some of them can also improve public racing. I can see the importance of the features for the hardcore simracers, because usually they are the ones that devote more time to the game and push it forward. Casual simracers are mostly to fill up activity numbers and support the game with sales. And hardcore can become casual, as well as casuals can become hardcore sim racers.

But the game needs to satisfy both ends of the spectrum and in between. A sim racing game only dedicated to hardcore racing can't complain the participation is very low, if there isn't much that will appeal to the casual racers and is just a separate thing in a community far away. By far away I mean not integrated physically in the game. Casual racers have the potential to become more devoted racers if the more hardcore racing is served to them, otherwise they won't search it; is not enough to announce a new league, this isn't what will fill the participation and interest. In their mind is just a boring thing.

People want to race in the moment or immediate moment they decide to race. Not wait for saturday nights. That's why sim racing leagues will remain niches apart from the general Online, and no amount of "essential flagship" features will solve that. They will only satisfy the niches.*
*edit. high skill factor requirements is also a reason for leagues to be niches and lower participation, in all sim racing games. Even if high skills aren't advertised as requirements, people know it is complicated to race online at a fast pace and stay safe, so many won't bother to sign up and make time in their schedule to practice and then race.

At this point I think continuing to say "niche", "hardcore", "elitists" will be seen as offensive/rude. But I will reiterate: casuals, inbetweeners, hardcores need to be satisfied. All these groups push the game forward in their own way. So I hope Kunos and other sim racing dev teams will change their game to truly appeal its racing participation (not just game sales) for everyone.

I think the immediate direction is still for them to give leagues/public racing better features/tools that people ask for and have been asking for. So sincerely don't want this talk to mean I'm opposing entirely to "essential flagship features", but niches will remain niches, and public racing will remain a short satisfaction-long annoyances and anger.

So the direction is good for now, more essential features&tools for devoted sim racers/leagues, Minorating, raceme.io, Stracker. Public racing can also benefit from it.

coughlissions cough, I agree they're going in the right direction. After the next update I feel the RD league wheel will be well and trully in motion.

Also for the non-hardcore(s) leagues are awesome too, have you guys actulally seen an RD League Broadcast, def more exciting than F1 right now.

Also for the non-hardcore(s) leagues are awesome too, have you guys actulally seen an RD League Broadcast, def more exciting than F1 right now.
The V8 Stockcar league a few months ago was absolutely epic! I've said it a million times but that was the first time I woke up actually really excited to watch an online league race. It made FSR look like utter trash.

@Chris Stacey yep really like that one, however I felt the commentary was even better in the RD M235i Racing League. The constant though is top level quality, other leagues just lack that oomph, that's why theres many waiting with bated breath for the next leagues to take flight.

Mark my words GT3 League starts in AC, up to RD standards, and 2 full grids are guaranteed. Site visits ramp up, then setup talk goes way up (Kunos' wish).... win for everyone.

So yah 64bit.exe is way welcome, I really do hope we see that much needed online improvement and more consistent online experience. IMO even with the collisions heavily underdeveloped we can mitigate that loss 'of realism' with a more lagless online play. At least it would certainly help if not much else.

In response to a post I made a couple of months ago, I was told that AC would have wheel-controllable menus in the next patch, as it happens presently with Project Cars and many other games. That didn't happen with 1.2. Does anybody know if this feature will be implemented in the near future?

The only thing that bothers me about this game is the optimisation and the horrendous amounts of Lotus in the game. Don't get me wrong, there are some good ones there. but we don't need like 8 exige's and 6 evora's. its just stupid.

Lotus was one of the first licenses in AC and way back before it arrived on steam (2011/12/13). I think Lotus and BMW were of great help and collaboration to Kunos when they started the AC project; we can see in the many game showcase videos from game&tech events, people testing the game with lotus and bmw cars, and I think Ferrari was also another manufacturer that has always been with nice collaboration with Kunos over the years, before AC becoming a mainstream game.

So in conclusion, the decision to have so many lotus and bmw cars wasn't a decision from 2014/15, but it was something that helped Kunos develop their tech with knowledge and content collaboration between them and these manufacturers, in the very early times of assetto corsa.
And most likely that was also part of the deal, for these manufacturers to showcase their new car models.

To add, about the leagues being a small niche and the need to integrate leagues/online championship/organized frequent scheduled races into the game. I think RD, out of the sim racing communities, works better because it already integrates the player so has higher chances of people signing up, since they are Premium and have access to leagues/events from the various games.

While there are many spread out communities in each sim, RD integrates everything into one place, giving a easier access for the players to each sim, without the constant sign ups in various communities and extra forums.
I only can't now be a part of it; I hope v1.3, 1.4, 1.5 brings the features and tools organized races hosts need to improve their offer to increase participation.

I also feel the info about what's really needed to improve in private-public online is scattered among many posts and forums, and various communities complain about what's lacking.
So suggesting, proceeding from that open letter, is the need for a clear compilation with justifications of what organized race hosts need.
I think is not enough to say 'oh this sim many years ago had this and this current sim has that, while your sim doesn't', but the problem is that it doesn't yet exist a clear message to the developers of what needs to be done to improve private-public online races, what tools and support is needed to control the races, players, motorsport immersion (for online racing).
And is not enough to just think about the stuff you want in your closed circles, but something that also benefits the masses that aren't part of the closed circles of online racing.

I also feel the info about what's really needed to improve in private-public online is scattered among many posts and forums, and various communities complain about what's lacking.
In that vein, I'd rather see 'needs' that improve all MP, not just rules that some drivers want to run with ('allow rolling starts' is not necessary for a good MP race, and within a league setting you can already do it). Having higher quality collisions would improve all MP, having the race-end screens show the actual results (instead of deleting anyone who quits the server) would improve all MP, ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back