Assetto Corsa 1.3 & Dreampack #2 - What We Know So Far

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris

Premium
11951797_1219752514717731_1795256001143410184_n.jpg

I thought this thread could be used as a database of sorts to compile all the things we know that will be coming in 1.3 and the Dreampack DLC. If I've missed anything (or gotten something wrong), then feel free to add in the comments and I'll add it to the list, or amend mistakes :).

v1.3 Changelog:
  • 64Bit build.
  • Added soft locks.
  • Added support for DRS zones.
  • Customisable Multiplayer Server message.
  • More consistent and improved FFB for all cars.
  • Fixed setups in MP (In future can allow for setup exchanges between drivers on the server).
  • Some AI improvements.
  • Added grain and blister readings in the setup info screen.
  • Fixed AcServer not creating "results" folder Automatically.
  • Downshift gearbox protection for cars with sequential gearbox.
  • Cars with sequential gearboxes are now unable to shift into neutral while moving.
  • Fixed KERS disabled in pitlane.
  • acServer is now stressing much less Go' GC and should offer more stable performances.
  • Fixed gear ratio appearing with a double "/" in setup screen.
  • Added FORCE_TGT to force low red timer in assetto_corsa.ini
  • Fixed acServer unable to read ini values with a "=" character (ex AUTH).
  • Fixed driver name displayer not obeying to saved settings in MP.
  • New algorithms to calculate skid volumes and pitch, now working globally in the entire simulation.
  • Lap count is now reported using 16bit unsigned integer to server plugins.
  • Now using triple buffer when vsync is on to reduce latency.
  • Reduced latency for driver animations and audio in gear changes when not using shifter.
  • Exposure settings are now saved.
  • Tyre flatspots are now taking into account compound softness.
  • Windscreen now receives shadows.
  • Redesigned and faster code for logging.
  • Updated tyre model Version 5 for GT2 and GT3 cars, which should result in less understeer.
  • Zonda R, Ferrari 599XX and Tatuus FA01 now have tyre model V5.
  • Less lift off oversteer for the Lotus Evora S on version 5 street tyres.
  • GT2 and GT3 cars updated aerodynamic stalling for front splitter and diffuser.
  • Slight GT3 performance balancing.
  • McLaren 12C GT3 tyre corrections.
  • kseditor: now it uses the same ingame engine.
  • kseditor: added project management.
  • kseditor: added user personalisations.
  • kseditor: added floating windows and layout system.
  • kseditor: added Weather and PPfilter loader.
  • kseditor: added recent files/project management.
  • kseditor: added node filter in scene panel.
  • kseditor: added Material by Texture in Materials panel.
  • kseditor: added scene *5cons and side function buttons.
  • kseditor: added texture detail on Material panel.
  • kseditor: added Texture Review windows in utilities.
  • kseditor: fixed reload texture function.
  • kseditor: now the default CultureInfo is en-US (number format, etc.)
  • acServerManager: removed some upper limits on parameters.
  • acServerManager: preset name/description is more clear.
* Not really discernible on a tiny 360p resolution.

Dreampack #2: (7.99€)
  • Circuit de Catalunya - Yes, it is laser-scanned FYI.
  • Audi R8 LMS Ultra
  • Scuderia Cameron Glickenhaus SCG003
  • RUF RT12R (AWD)
  • RUD RT12R (RWD)
  • BMW M4 Coupe
  • BMW M4 Coupe Akrapovic Edition
  • Ford GT40 (Mk1)
  • Lamborghini Countach 5000 Quattro Valvole
  • Lamborghini Huracan GT3

Statement from Kunos(h) Simulazioni:
Dear AC followers, we are completing the final phase of beta testing, and we are glad to announce that Assetto Corsa 1.3 and Dream Pack 2 will be available for download by October 8th!

With Assetto Corsa 1.3 the process of improvement of all aspects of our simulation continues to progress properly. Here's following just few highlights of what you can expect to find in Assetto Corsa next week:

Assetto Corsa Dream Pack 2
The new Dream Pack 2 will include the Circuit of Catalunya, based on Laserscan point cloud, featuring GP and MotoGP layouts, as well as 7+2 new awesome and legendary cars:

Lamborghini Countach 5000 Quattro Valvole
Lamborghini Huracan GT3
Ford GT40 MK1
Scuderia Cameron Glickenhaus SCG003
AUDI R8 ULTRA 2014
RUF RT12R AWD
RUF RT12R RWD
BMW M4 Coupe
BMW M4 Coupe Akrapovic Edition

The Assetto Corsa Dream Pack 2 will be available on Steam by October 8th, at 7,99 EUR.

Assetto Corsa 1.3
Physics

64-bit natively supported and car physics calculated on multi-thread. The physics engine has been reworked to become completely multithreaded: as a result, the driving precision is augmented, the accuracy further improved and the physics solver has enough horsepower to completely resolve any difficult calculations any speed, achieving butter smooth Force Feedback and complete elimination of signal noise and vibrations. We'll be back with more details on physics updates when the new build will be released next week.

Graphics
2D/3D models, textures and shaders have been updated and improved, in order to keep the standards reached with the latest content. Now windscreens receive shadows, and a new camera facing feature improves the rendering of 2D/3D objects on track. A first basic support for dynamic objects on tracks has been added as well, and it will be improved in future updates, with the aim to get a more immersive environment.

Sound
Fine tuning and improved algorithms for audio editing: all new cars benefit by use of new techniques of recording and sampling for engines, interiors and exhaust systems, also thanks to the technical cooperation of Akrapovic. This allows to recreate a more detailed audio trace and the exclusive detail of each car, improving the immersion while driving. Content that are available already in Assetto Corsa will be updated during the process, to bring them to a higher level of realism and in line with the latest quality standards.

Multiplayer
Dedicated server has been optimized in order to improve general stability.
New parameters and features have been added to server configuration, in order to please the requests of gamers who are looking for a more comprehensive online experience.

Get ready to experience the most advanced driving experience!

Last edited:
No, it's always been SP-X, which however is not far off GT3 spec.

You get some suspension freedom but on the other hand a smaller restrictor and 10% less rear wing space (the way I understood it from a Jürgen Alzen interview recently when he ran his Ford GT under SP-X specs).

Thankfully not all people need more car content. On the contrary, I'd exchange all the previous road cars for a handful of racing cars.

It's supposed to be a racing simulator, not a virtual car collector.

Good bunch of tracks in combination with solid race car classes and I am happy.

What always strikes me on forums are responses like this. Not only pointing out you Bram, just quoting it is a general example. Don't feel offended ;).

What I mean is the following
user a) 'I don't need function x or type of car y'
user b) 'we don't need function x or type of car y'

Essentially the same remark. It is not on opinion, it is a preference. But why not zoom out a bit and think from the company perspective. Kunos is not there to make a sim tailored to your preferences. Kunos is there to make a sim that is tailored to the preference of a large group, its customer base. Every single unique customer is 'irrelevant' as to their opinion.

This 'complaining' doesn't appreciate the position of Kunos, and it's kind of unthankfull in my view.

Kunos is not there to make a sim tailored to your preferences. Kunos is there to make a sim that is tailored to the preference of a large group, its customer base.
Exactly. And when the sim was first released as early access their customer base was a uniform group, the avid Netkar Pro fan (including me). A game with stunning physics and no AI.

So I am unthankful for not giving a damn about road cars and AI but being heavily passionated about pure racing cars? So be it then :)

For road cars I can play Forza and GT5, from a racing simulator (branded as Your racing simulator) I expect nothing less than racing.

This doesn't mean that I don't understand the direction they have taken to cater to a larger audience and now even going to the console. Business wise the best decision for them but unfortunately not my cup of tea.

iracing, raceroom, rf2, gsce, all games with only (very much) just race cars. All with very extended hardcore features. Your and others complaint is not that understandable, because you want Assetto to be same game as any other sim, with the same race cars and features/tools. If truly is that you are seeking, why doesn't your "kind" join into one of those sim that has it all that you want in particular?

Imo AC caters to general motorsport enthusiasts, which also touches the markets of casual and hardcore racing enthusiasts. That to me seemed Kunos approach from the start. Yet people blame and scrutinize Kunos for this choice because it didn't cater to their specific taste.

People blame them for having their own agenda to what they want to achieve with AC, that is different from their past game, and different to the particular tastes of a group. Should we also blame Racedepartment/Staff for making that open letter and only caring to their agenda (such as only league features/race cars and no AI and no road cars); should we blame RD for wanting that because their agenda was to increase their revenue from subscriptions for people to be able to race here?

Why do games with many hardcore features and only race cars remain such a niche both in offline and online racing? How is it beneficial for any company, to cater to a small niche that remains pretty stagnant over the course of time, only to satisfy that small group? Is it because they are the most vocal and when the game doesn't have their pre-conceived ideas of what a sim racing game should be, it is a bad game/sim?

Fortunately for people who want simulators with only racing cars they have a few more options... half the other major circuit sims (r3e, gsc, iracing, f1) are 100% race cars (well, aside from pace cars). And the other ones (RF2, pcars) are majority race cars.

As someone with little to no interest in 'pure racing cars' but who does want to drive on an actual sim on PC, I don't have a lot of other options so yeah I'm gonna clamor for more road cars in AC.

...(branded as Your racing simulator)...

I think that is key to why some people are unhappy. If it said "your hotlap simulator" then the lack of some pretty core racing features and the fairly limited roster of Kunos produced race cars wouldn't be a problem. I (and I suppose others) also have the feeling that the move to consoles means some of those features are less likely to be added to AC as most console users don't care about realistic starts, dynamic tracks, pit-stop set-up adjustments, etc.

I am not too unhappy as I have ~200 hours in AC and feel like I have got good value for money already + have GSCE/RF2 to keep me occupied but not everyone sees it like that.

Too much mess for this "Your racing simulator", it seems that many have bought this game because of this banner :laugh:.
Another classic melodrama is the theory about the terrible outcomes of their decision to port the game to consoles. I ask to whom support this theory to give just one evidence of the supposed Kunos' route change.
Because of console port they release more road cars? But from early access AC was born with a mixed rooster of road and race cars, with the latter being minority.
Moreover, the last upgrades have certanily changed the way of driving and not in a simplifying way, making in general cars more loose in the rear, and more prone to oversteer, definitely not something that an average console user (with his joypad) would appreciate.....

well as long as its uphill from here im pretty happy. Ive got nearly 500 hours into the game, ive spend around £100 with the game, dlc or third party mods etc and so its some nice bang for buck. This game got me into to sim racing, the reason was because I desperately needed a replacement for granturismo which had racing cars and road cars its not a sim i get that. Well i brought AC not knowing it was a sim, i started with a keyboard and got a controller and around 40 hours in i came to the conclusion i needed a wheel. Well nearly a year later ive ditched everything i played before. Assetto corsa has problems but they can drag people in, my story is surprisingly common. AC and in a way Pcars act as a gateway into sim racing, moving to console may strengthen that. I can tell you that Reiza, ISI and iracing all look with interest at AC, namely how it fairs on console, Reiza have stated intent to come to console and well that could happen depending on the success of the console release. Thanks to Pcars many MANY people have wheels now, PS4 users have no wheel based games coming out between now and March, Xbox users might be attached to Forza still i cant really tell. Multimedia like youtube will function big time for AC on consoles though, im curious as to how they will hype this up. This needs to succeed though whether you like kunos or not, in the long game it could lead to more sim devs coming to console, leading to more money, leading to more content and more indepth technologies. Reiza have shown they can create a lot out of very little money, ISI with more funding could lead to some pretty epic deeds, KUNOS can hire more staff to deal with their shortcomings and Iracing has enough money anyways. The more interesting prospect is that this could get more devs to come along which is definitely needed and would be lovely to have more competition.

does the RT12R count as a race car or a road car, if its a race car then that means we have 5 meaning only road cars for the rest of the pack. With 700bhp and 900torque im not sure what ill be pitting it up againest. Glad they used the new RT12R, the body kit on the old one(one in Pcars) is ugly.

does the RT12R count as a race car or a road car, if its a race car then that means we have 5 meaning only road cars for the rest of the pack. With 700bhp and 900torque im not sure what ill be pitting it up againest. Glad they used the new RT12R, the body kit on the old one(one in Pcars) is ugly.
Seems like it's usually listed as a production supercar. Not sure what it's going to go up against though...

I've tried finding images of a real RT-12R with motec on internet. Can't find any.
Would Kunos add the motec to represent a fictional lightened and race-prepared RT-12R, or is it an actual option on the real car?

I've tried finding images of a real RT-12R with motec on internet. Can't find any.
Would Kunos add the motec to represent a fictional lightened and race-prepared RT-12R, or is it an actual option on the real car?
ruf make each car slightly unique to the owner. there is the possiblity its an s1 varient with track prepped equipment though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back