Assetto Corsa 1.3 & Dreampack #2 - What We Know So Far

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris

Premium
11951797_1219752514717731_1795256001143410184_n.jpg

I thought this thread could be used as a database of sorts to compile all the things we know that will be coming in 1.3 and the Dreampack DLC. If I've missed anything (or gotten something wrong), then feel free to add in the comments and I'll add it to the list, or amend mistakes :).

v1.3 Changelog:
  • 64Bit build.
  • Added soft locks.
  • Added support for DRS zones.
  • Customisable Multiplayer Server message.
  • More consistent and improved FFB for all cars.
  • Fixed setups in MP (In future can allow for setup exchanges between drivers on the server).
  • Some AI improvements.
  • Added grain and blister readings in the setup info screen.
  • Fixed AcServer not creating "results" folder Automatically.
  • Downshift gearbox protection for cars with sequential gearbox.
  • Cars with sequential gearboxes are now unable to shift into neutral while moving.
  • Fixed KERS disabled in pitlane.
  • acServer is now stressing much less Go' GC and should offer more stable performances.
  • Fixed gear ratio appearing with a double "/" in setup screen.
  • Added FORCE_TGT to force low red timer in assetto_corsa.ini
  • Fixed acServer unable to read ini values with a "=" character (ex AUTH).
  • Fixed driver name displayer not obeying to saved settings in MP.
  • New algorithms to calculate skid volumes and pitch, now working globally in the entire simulation.
  • Lap count is now reported using 16bit unsigned integer to server plugins.
  • Now using triple buffer when vsync is on to reduce latency.
  • Reduced latency for driver animations and audio in gear changes when not using shifter.
  • Exposure settings are now saved.
  • Tyre flatspots are now taking into account compound softness.
  • Windscreen now receives shadows.
  • Redesigned and faster code for logging.
  • Updated tyre model Version 5 for GT2 and GT3 cars, which should result in less understeer.
  • Zonda R, Ferrari 599XX and Tatuus FA01 now have tyre model V5.
  • Less lift off oversteer for the Lotus Evora S on version 5 street tyres.
  • GT2 and GT3 cars updated aerodynamic stalling for front splitter and diffuser.
  • Slight GT3 performance balancing.
  • McLaren 12C GT3 tyre corrections.
  • kseditor: now it uses the same ingame engine.
  • kseditor: added project management.
  • kseditor: added user personalisations.
  • kseditor: added floating windows and layout system.
  • kseditor: added Weather and PPfilter loader.
  • kseditor: added recent files/project management.
  • kseditor: added node filter in scene panel.
  • kseditor: added Material by Texture in Materials panel.
  • kseditor: added scene *5cons and side function buttons.
  • kseditor: added texture detail on Material panel.
  • kseditor: added Texture Review windows in utilities.
  • kseditor: fixed reload texture function.
  • kseditor: now the default CultureInfo is en-US (number format, etc.)
  • acServerManager: removed some upper limits on parameters.
  • acServerManager: preset name/description is more clear.
* Not really discernible on a tiny 360p resolution.

Dreampack #2: (7.99€)
  • Circuit de Catalunya - Yes, it is laser-scanned FYI.
  • Audi R8 LMS Ultra
  • Scuderia Cameron Glickenhaus SCG003
  • RUF RT12R (AWD)
  • RUD RT12R (RWD)
  • BMW M4 Coupe
  • BMW M4 Coupe Akrapovic Edition
  • Ford GT40 (Mk1)
  • Lamborghini Countach 5000 Quattro Valvole
  • Lamborghini Huracan GT3

Statement from Kunos(h) Simulazioni:
Dear AC followers, we are completing the final phase of beta testing, and we are glad to announce that Assetto Corsa 1.3 and Dream Pack 2 will be available for download by October 8th!

With Assetto Corsa 1.3 the process of improvement of all aspects of our simulation continues to progress properly. Here's following just few highlights of what you can expect to find in Assetto Corsa next week:

Assetto Corsa Dream Pack 2
The new Dream Pack 2 will include the Circuit of Catalunya, based on Laserscan point cloud, featuring GP and MotoGP layouts, as well as 7+2 new awesome and legendary cars:

Lamborghini Countach 5000 Quattro Valvole
Lamborghini Huracan GT3
Ford GT40 MK1
Scuderia Cameron Glickenhaus SCG003
AUDI R8 ULTRA 2014
RUF RT12R AWD
RUF RT12R RWD
BMW M4 Coupe
BMW M4 Coupe Akrapovic Edition

The Assetto Corsa Dream Pack 2 will be available on Steam by October 8th, at 7,99 EUR.

Assetto Corsa 1.3
Physics

64-bit natively supported and car physics calculated on multi-thread. The physics engine has been reworked to become completely multithreaded: as a result, the driving precision is augmented, the accuracy further improved and the physics solver has enough horsepower to completely resolve any difficult calculations any speed, achieving butter smooth Force Feedback and complete elimination of signal noise and vibrations. We'll be back with more details on physics updates when the new build will be released next week.

Graphics
2D/3D models, textures and shaders have been updated and improved, in order to keep the standards reached with the latest content. Now windscreens receive shadows, and a new camera facing feature improves the rendering of 2D/3D objects on track. A first basic support for dynamic objects on tracks has been added as well, and it will be improved in future updates, with the aim to get a more immersive environment.

Sound
Fine tuning and improved algorithms for audio editing: all new cars benefit by use of new techniques of recording and sampling for engines, interiors and exhaust systems, also thanks to the technical cooperation of Akrapovic. This allows to recreate a more detailed audio trace and the exclusive detail of each car, improving the immersion while driving. Content that are available already in Assetto Corsa will be updated during the process, to bring them to a higher level of realism and in line with the latest quality standards.

Multiplayer
Dedicated server has been optimized in order to improve general stability.
New parameters and features have been added to server configuration, in order to please the requests of gamers who are looking for a more comprehensive online experience.

Get ready to experience the most advanced driving experience!

Last edited:
The GT 40 is about it. More easy to drive modern road cars I couldnt really care of. I still dont understand why we have all these lotus cars, you dont need to produce just because you can. And still no formula ford which basically was what many hoped for, or something similar to it, that came from netkar.

I would like to see them producing fictional cars. Skins is the only difference, and time and money, and with licensed content money they could laser scan more tracks, which could make bigger difference that car skins in the sim side.

And put them funny names (and it's moddable so a simple file will make we have the real brand names in game).

You of course don't get insight in contracts of game devs with car manufacturers,
but for example it's said that Polyphony doesn't pay licenses.

Don't know about Kunos or other companies, and maybe even the information
about Polyphony is wrong, but if you can get licenses for free, then there's no
reason to not use the real names :)

About the only thing I use AC for anymore is to take road cars on all the various hill-climb tracks, it's my version of a virtual Sunday cruise and I enjoy it. Each to their own. :thumbsup:
Same here, which is why it annoys me that a certain group of people want all driving sims to be the exact same "racing simulator" that has all race cars + tracks and nothing else... you can buy RF2, GSCE, etc. if you want a race-only lineup. They're completely adequate as sims, the main difference is the content list.

Same here, which is why it annoys me that a certain group of people want all driving sims to be the exact same "racing simulator" that has all race cars + tracks and nothing else... you can buy RF2, GSCE, etc. if you want a race-only lineup. They're completely adequate as sims, the main difference is the content list.
I thought some it was to have cars that you could never attain as well. Even if you are super wealthy some of the cars may never go up for sale so you have no chance to even drive them. I get that people love race cars and tracks but there is more to driving than just that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 108 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 284 27.5%