Apology Offered

My apologies to anyone that took my simple question about slow loading in RF2, as a hate against RF2. As i stated in the original post, I have nothing against RF2, I really like it. I have fun racing when I get on track. I was just wondering if the slow loading was My OLD antique PC or if this slow was normal with the game. I'd love to buy anew updated PC, but I'm retired & have to watch the cash flow for necessary things rather than a new PC to play games. I wasn't sure because all my other games load fast & run great with the PC. I'm guessing it's a combination of an old PC & to much mods & tracks in the game. I know 0 about PC specs or game physics. That's what was confusing, I know I have as many if not more mods & tracks in AMS & it loads in a few minutes & no slowness in the ALL Tracks/ ALL cars menu. If anyone can post a list about what settings In the in-game graphics menu what to set settings for this old antique PC, I would appreciate it. Also, should I delete the settings IN Nvidia Inspector for RF2 & only stuff in the game. I also never used Vertical Sync, is it good to use it or not? Again, SORRY I asked a simple question & offended some people(Honestly the things people can still complain about are ridiculous). I'll not ask any more Offensive questions about problems with any games, so not to offend anyone, I'll try asking questions on other game sites That actually try & explain an answer rather than criticize you. Thanks again to those of you who were trying to help. Much Appreciated.

Whoa, I saw you original thread. There was nothing in there that (IMO) could be interpreted as hate for rF2. There are some thoughtless people around online, we have to learn to ignore them, but if somebody is being personal, be sure to hit the report button. RD staff need people (like us) to help them out sometimes, they don't read every post.
Anyway, I don't know much about these things myself, but I was told not to change anything in Nvidia Profiler. Just use the in game settings. Some people say that they always select there video card in "in game" options, and/or select borderless windowed mode.
Sorry I can't help more on this. Could you link to your original thread please, so that I can take a look?
Thanks.

PS. Don't be put off by people being rude. Let RD staff know about it and (if it's against RD rules) something will be done.

EDIT: OK I found it.

Last edited:
I certaintly didn't think your post was offensive and thought you were just asking for a little help or info. I was only trying to help and hope you didn't think i meant otherwise. :)
No, not you. You & some others were trying to help. Won't mention his name, just read who posted the most replies. The same thing happened at No-Grip, always calling out anyone who asked what he thought was a stupid question. Many members over there complained about him. He also attacked me many times. My Dad used to always say...." There's no such thing as a stupid question if you don't know the answer, That's why they call it a question". Thanks for trying to help !!!!!!

Bigfoothunter, first start with the Low End GPU Settings because your CPU is bottlenecking.
Lowering Shadows to Low & Environment Reflection to Medium to Low will help considerably!

Studio 397- Suggested Graphic Settings Recommendations:

https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/latest-release-1109-rain-effects-and-more.58675/
Thank You for the link & info. I'll try this.
Here goes, I set that Post Processing thing at Low like you suggested. In the Launcher I uninstalled some tracks & a few mods, some mods & tracks wouldn't let me uninstall, guessing their stock content? Anyway, I clicked on the helmut icon to start the game & it actually loaded quick, a couple minutes, Once in game I set the graphics & video to the settings that was suggested in the link you provided for Old antique Low end PC's. I noticed right away, the mod & track menus are fast, the slider now works normal. Picked a Mod & track & went into the track, pretty fast loading also, the game still looks great & with a field of 20 cars, FPS,( I have all my games set at 50 FPS), the frame rates were high 30's at the lowest & usually in the mid 40's to 50. Also no stuttering? This is amazing, I set Vsync in launcher to GPU, there was 4, I think different settings, didn't know which one to pick. If you think that's ok, I'll leave it there. If not I'll change it. But I'm a Happy Camper, now I can play this great game more often. I figured there had to be a reason it was so slow. What confused me, even though I don't know crap about PC's or game settings, Race Room, AC, PCars & Pcars2 I pretty much have all settings at Max & High & always had great FPS around 50.Thank You very much, Ace King for all your help & the couple other guys suggesting to try different settings. Very Much Appreciated

I don't personally use any Vsync. GPU setting is bit of a FPS killer. No Vsync gives the best FPS. Software setting is a good compromise for good FPS and performance. Try each setting and choose the one you prefer. Hope this is of help.

AS I read it, the OP was asking about slow loading times, and not how it runs when it's finally loaded.
I can console the OP: it has nothing to do with his relatively old computer, it's just the way that rF2 is coded: when it loads, it just needs a long time to load all the data.
To make you feel better:
I have a relatively new computer ( self built 2016, GPU upgrade this year)
I have a 6600K i5 CPU, 16gb Hyper X memory, MSI 1080 GPU, and SSDs instead of HDs, and my system still needs nearly ( and sometimes over ) 2 mins till I'm sitting in the car in the pits.
Just the way it is with rF2. Open the game, go and make a coffee, and come back a few minutes later.....

Last edited:
My apologies to anyone that took my simple question about slow loading in RF2, as a hate against RF2. As i stated in the original post, I have nothing against RF2, I really like it. I have fun racing when I get on track. I was just wondering if the slow loading was My OLD antique PC or if this slow was normal with the game. I'd love to buy anew updated PC, but I'm retired & have to watch the cash flow for necessary things rather than a new PC to play games. I wasn't sure because all my other games load fast & run great with the PC. I'm guessing it's a combination of an old PC & to much mods & tracks in the game. I know 0 about PC specs or game physics. That's what was confusing, I know I have as many if not more mods & tracks in AMS & it loads in a few minutes & no slowness in the ALL Tracks/ ALL cars menu. If anyone can post a list about what settings In the in-game graphics menu what to set settings for this old antique PC, I would appreciate it. Also, should I delete the settings IN Nvidia Inspector for RF2 & only stuff in the game. I also never used Vertical Sync, is it good to use it or not? Again, SORRY I asked a simple question & offended some people(Honestly the things people can still complain about are ridiculous). I'll not ask any more Offensive questions about problems with any games, so not to offend anyone, I'll try asking questions on other game sites That actually try & explain an answer rather than criticize you. Thanks again to those of you who were trying to help. Much Appreciated.

Shame that you feel this way, this is what the report function is for. A member of the team will then review the post.

It's never normal for rF2 to take 5 to 10 minutes to load a track (Nor Sebring) as quoted from his original post and the solutions/settings suggested helped him to load rF2 and it's tracks much faster in his "Older System".

Even a new faster pc can be crippled if it's system and ingame settings are not setup correctly.

Last edited:
Ingame settings will not affect loading times, the game still has to load the same track and car no matter the setting. Basically the formula for loading time is (track + n*car), where n is number of opponents. More recent tracks and cars are a lot bigger, so they will take longer to load as well.

Ingame settings will not affect loading times, the game still has to load the same track and car no matter the setting. Basically the formula for loading time is (track + n*car), where n is number of opponents. More recent tracks and cars are a lot bigger, so they will take longer to load as well.
Thanks, I verified the files thru Steam, Then uninstalled RF2 & re-installed it. Loads much faster, same as the other games & the new settings I applied from the studio 397 post Ace KIng sent me, it's now back to normal.

No doubt if you deleted a bunch of old mods etc. you will have quicker loading times at various stages, not denying that. I have ran with a bunch of different graphics settings and timed with stopwatcher and the main track loading time didn't change.

There are so many factors at play though, it depends 100% on the content you run as well. Try running Sebring with 20+ AI cars and you'll see the loading time will not be so fast anymore, the loading times in rF2 can easily vary two to three times depending on content.

Anytime you change any of the graphics settings it takes longer to load the track than when you load without changing anything.

One additional thought: I havn’t tried this myself but it could help you startup time if you put steam into offline mode before you launch. It should then skip the steam workshop sync.

I was having huge wait times for rF2 to load. Couldn't take any more. Had actually stopped playing (1100+ hours up to this point). Deleted absolutely everything off my SSD (except steam workshop. This I backed up). Re-downloaded rF2 and now have a sim that almost loads as fast as AMS. Best thing I EVER done. I can even race in the rain in VR with my GTX970.
I did cherry pick the non steam mods I had too. Only the most recently updated or ones I couldn't live without got re-installed (Just waiting on Mossport to be updated. Terrible frame rate in VR).

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.