Apology Offered

My apologies to anyone that took my simple question about slow loading in RF2, as a hate against RF2. As i stated in the original post, I have nothing against RF2, I really like it. I have fun racing when I get on track. I was just wondering if the slow loading was My OLD antique PC or if this slow was normal with the game. I'd love to buy anew updated PC, but I'm retired & have to watch the cash flow for necessary things rather than a new PC to play games. I wasn't sure because all my other games load fast & run great with the PC. I'm guessing it's a combination of an old PC & to much mods & tracks in the game. I know 0 about PC specs or game physics. That's what was confusing, I know I have as many if not more mods & tracks in AMS & it loads in a few minutes & no slowness in the ALL Tracks/ ALL cars menu. If anyone can post a list about what settings In the in-game graphics menu what to set settings for this old antique PC, I would appreciate it. Also, should I delete the settings IN Nvidia Inspector for RF2 & only stuff in the game. I also never used Vertical Sync, is it good to use it or not? Again, SORRY I asked a simple question & offended some people(Honestly the things people can still complain about are ridiculous). I'll not ask any more Offensive questions about problems with any games, so not to offend anyone, I'll try asking questions on other game sites That actually try & explain an answer rather than criticize you. Thanks again to those of you who were trying to help. Much Appreciated.

I was having huge wait times for rF2 to load. Couldn't take any more. Had actually stopped playing (1100+ hours up to this point). Deleted absolutely everything off my SSD (except steam workshop. This I backed up). Re-downloaded rF2 and now have a sim that almost loads as fast as AMS. Best thing I EVER done. I can even race in the rain in VR with my GTX970.
I did cherry pick the non steam mods I had too. Only the most recently updated or ones I couldn't live without got re-installed (Just waiting on Mossport to be updated. Terrible frame rate in VR).
Thanks for the info. I deleted some mods & tracks that I never used. Will be doing more. I uninstalled rf2 thru Steam & then reinstalled. Big difference. It's much faster now. If I can get rid of more content, it'll probably be as fast as my AMS also. As in the old rf1, the more content you have, the slower loading. Even though it's considered an antique PC by today's standards, I can still run AC with most settings on High, a few on Max or Medium & 20 cars on track & never see any stuttering & FPS are usually low 40's to 50, the 50 limit I use for all my games. What was really funny, not knowing anything much about game engines & PC parts, I'm sure I have as many Tracks & mods in AC as rf2, & it loads fast or faster than AMS. Somebody suggested trying Steam offline when you play a Steam game, then it's not checking installed files & other stuff. Sounds like a brillant idea. Didn't try it yet, but I will. Should work, Thanks for the info & have fun racing.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.