1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Anti Virus Software

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Bram, Jul 4, 2008.

1. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Is there somewhere a decent free software solution that scans your pc on errors and also corrects them?

2. hitman pro 2 maybe?

actually what kind of errors are we talking here?

3. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

hardware errors :) spyware tools enough here :)

4. lol ok then i don't know :)
    Marcel may have the answer

5. format c: ...?

6. Marcel Hulsbergen

Marcel Hulsbergen
    #111 | Roaring Pipes Maniacs Premium Member

Bram i have what you want but i need to do it by PM.

7. Indeed this is a nice program (AWC) but it doesn't help with hardware errors...I'm curious to know which program Marcel uses for these kind of errors.
    A colleague told me this week he used Fresh Diagnose (7.82) It has a nice interface and includes some benchmarks (Freeware) (Don't use the Dutch interface: really bad translations unless you understand: "middelen van de hardware")
    Of course software can fix only a very limited part of hardware errors, they don't install a mini pc technician in your pc... too bad though.

Edit: Tried the Freshdiagnostic tool myself now and as the title says, it's just a diagnostic tool. On my pc I had to end it through taskmanager, it didn't respond on normal exit functions

8. Marcel Hulsbergen

Marcel Hulsbergen

I use hiren's bootdisk, but i can't give you a link to donwload it. just use google and search for hiren. Latest version is 9.5 i think.

9. Muchos gracias!
    Google willl show me the way...

10. type into google : Everest Home Edition

its free and it has detailed infos about your sys
    everest will even show you web links for firmware or bios updates related to your hardware

11. Marcel Hulsbergen

Marcel Hulsbergen

12. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson
    Technical Administrator Staff Premium Member

They have had one for a long time. Ive used it on the family laptop for a long time now. Its very good.

If anyone would like a free antivirus which is a little more light weight for their gaming rig Avast! now has a free version too. http://avast.com/

13. Marcel Hulsbergen

Marcel Hulsbergen

Ah great i didn't knew it was free for a long time, atleast now it's a new version.

14. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson
    Technical Administrator Staff Premium Member

up to date is always the most important :good:

15. another free one is from Avira http://www.free-av.com/

and the avira engine was scoring the highest the last time i checked

16. While we're on a 'free security' thread, could anybody recommend a free firewall please. Aol used to give a free McAfee one but I'm not sure if that's still available...At least I can't find it.

17. AVG free + Superantispyware (google ) is about as good as a free combo you can get, safe wise.

18. I have just moved over to Norton Internet Security 2009 which always was notorius for comp resource eating but find this really great and it has a 90 free subsciption which is normally enough for me .....It also has a GAMERS MODE where it is less stringent on your PC and more IP freindly when doing online gaming.