Anti Virus Software

• John Mactavish

Is it better than AVG in your opinion?

yes, avira has been my antivirus program for many years now...it will always delete the virus unlke other antivirus programs...and if your computer is compromised antivir will block the virus at start up so you have time to transfer data and start the recovery disc/backup image.

• John Mactavish

I used to use avg...but i didn't like that it couldn't delete what it detected...it allowed you to quarantine(i forgot what term it used) but the virus would still appear.

maybe now avg is different. I will try it out.

i had a nasty worm that effected my sub flash drive, i d/l a hand ful of anti virus, it seemed that avg fixed the problem that the others didnt even find.

Install both, no harm in that! lol!

That pc pro link is alittle misleading, it is comparing the 'full' suites.
For home users, you can download antivirus for free, this is where avg takes the lead imho.

Jai

i had a nasty worm that effected my sub flash drive, i d/l a hand ful of anti virus, it seemed that avg fixed the problem that the others didnt even find.

Install both, no harm in that! lol!

yes there is actually, but only if you run both at the same time as there will be conflicts and you end up doing more damage.

Install both by all means, but only have 1 running at any one time.

I've recently installed avira onto the windows 7 test on one drive on my laptop..just to see how it is.

:)

That pc pro link is alittle misleading, it is comparing the 'full' suites.
For home users, you can download antivirus for free, this is where avg takes the lead imho.

Jai
no it is not misleading as it is also comparing it with the full version of avg and not the free version so no avg does not take the lead :)
But here is another review of the free versions only
http://www.techmixer.com/best-free-antivirus-software-download-list/
but really just use whatever you are happy with

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 215 14.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 9.9%
  • < 4 years