AMS Time Trial of the Week

Jimlaad43

Nice apex, I'll take it!
Staff
Premium
TTOTW.jpg

Post times, share setups and tips, fill up some leaderboards!

The Time Trial feature on AMS allows users to post times at any tracks and compare it to other drivers around the world. The setups thread for AMS is quite bare, and hopefully if this takes off we can start posting the winning setups there to improve the game for all users.

How does this work?
Choose the selected car of the week in the Main Menu. Click on Time Trial and load up the track of the week. Once in, feel free to play around with the setups as much as you like and post some laptimes. The scoreboard in game will automatically update. When you are done, post here your laptime, and either share your setup and tips, or ask for help.

To start off, we will only use Reiza default cars and tracks, but we may move into mods in the future.
Voting forms for next car and track.

Former Trials
Formula V10 @ Goainia
Super V8 @ Johannesburg Historic
Supertruck @ Cascavel Truck
Copa Montana @ VIR Full Course

This Week
V8 Stock @ Curitiba

Last edited:
AMS Car List

• BOXER week 6
  • CAMARO SS
  • COPA MONTANA week 4
  • COPA PETROBRAS DE MARCAS
  • F-CLASSIC
  • F-EXTREME
  • F-REIZA
  • F-RETRO
  • F-V10 week 1
  • F-V12
  • F-VEE week 8
  • F-VINTAGE 67' week 9
  • F-VINTAGE 69'
  • F3 BRASIL - F301
  • F3 BRASIL - F309
  • LANCER CUP - LANCER R
  • LANCER CUP - LANCER RS
  • LANCER RALLYCROSS
  • METALMORO
  • MINI CHALLENGE
  • OPALA 70
  • OPALA 86 week 7
  • STOCKCAR V8 week 5
  • SUPER V8 week 2
  • SUPERKART
  • SUPERTRUCK week 3

TRACK LIST
  • INTERLAGOS week 6
  • INTERLAGOS CAFÉ CHICANE
  • BRASILIA EXTERIOR CIRCUIT
  • BRASILIA FULL CIRCUIT
  • BUENOS AIRES 6
  • BUENOS AIRES 7
  • BUENOS AIRES 8
  • BUENOS AIRES 9
  • BUENOS AIRES 12
  • BUENOS AIRES 15
  • CAMPO GRANDE
  • CARUARU
  • CASCAVEL
  • CORDOBA
  • CURITIBA week 5
  • CURITIBA OUTER CIRCUIT
  • FLORIPA
  • GOIANIA week 1
  • GUAPORE
  • JACAREPAGUA
  • JACAREPAGUA CURVA SUL
  • JACAREPAGUA 2005
  • JACAREPAGUA OVAL
  • KANSAI
  • KANSAI CLASSIC
  • KANSAI EAST week 8
  • KANSAI WEST
  • MENDIG FLUGPLATZ
  • MENDIG FLUGPLATZ 2
  • MENDIG FLUGPLATZ BERGSCHLEIFE week 7
  • LONDRINA
  • LONDRINA LONG
  • RIBEIRAO PRETO 2010
  • RIBEIRAO PRETO 2012
  • SALVADOR
  • SANTA CRUZ DO SUL
  • SPIELBERG GP
  • SPIELBERG NATIONAL
  • TARUMA
  • TARUMA CHICANE
  • VELOPARK
  • VELOPARK 2010
  • VELOCITTA TRACK DAY
  • VELOCITTA
  • VELOCITTA CLUB DAY
  • VIRGINIA INTERNATIONAL week 4
  • VIR GRAND COURSE
  • VIR NORTH COURSE
  • VIR PATRIOT COURSE
  • VIR SOUTH COURSE
  • MONTREAL
  • INTERLAGOS HISTORIC week 9
  • INTERLAGOS HISTORIC OVAL
  • JACAREPAGUA HISTORIC
  • JOHANNESBURG HISTORIC week 2
  • MONTRAL HISTORIC
  • SPIELBERG HISTORIC 1977
  • SPIELBERG HISTORIC 1974

Choose the next car HERE https://goo.gl/qgsLJy
Choose the next track HERE https://goo.gl/QjaZ19

Last edited:
I've managed to log the new number 3 spot but that won't last. This car indeed has some unruly tendencies when going over curbs in particular through the Senna esses as well as through places like the downhill left at the end of the second sector and the uphill left hand section in the final sector where you can feel the car just lurching as the weight keeps moving around the car. Lots of issues in control seem to come from weight coming off of the front tires as you're in high speed turns due to the suspension and naturally the driver's inability to treat this princess of a car juuuust right.

All I did was take 0.5 out of the packers for both front and rear but I have no idea if it made a difference. I also took one off of the brake ducts to keep them warm at the end of straights. I know I have more time out there if I can either dedicate myself to being as smooth as possible with my controls or just finding a set up that'll be a bit more tame over the above mentioned areas. Definitely a car that requires concentration and smooth management of weight transfer. If you misbehave the car misbehaves badly too and you'll find you're either washing out of those long radius high speed corners or you're lifting to stay on track.

I don't find it frustrating myself so much. The challenge is welcome after spending the last few days driving GT2 and Hypercars in AC where they're glued to the pavement and never misbehave ever. :p

Frankly, the Boxer is abit weird for me and seems to be dependent largely on the track... So far on default setup. On Interlagos it feels understeery especially under power, and it hates curbs. On VIR it feels boring like a gt3 car, probably because I'm scared to drive it faster out there:D

And on Ginnaton's Silverstone it's a absolute bliss to drive, powering through corners, 4-wheel drifting, you name it... maybe it's all about confidence with the track. I don't particularly like Interlagos actually...

At that point it's probably not about setup... I'm curious btw, why both of you go for so low and detached rollbars? I thought it was best to have them as stiff as possible, and balance from there...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back