AMS Time Trial of the Week

Jimlaad43

Nice apex, I'll take it!
Staff
Premium
TTOTW.jpg

Post times, share setups and tips, fill up some leaderboards!

The Time Trial feature on AMS allows users to post times at any tracks and compare it to other drivers around the world. The setups thread for AMS is quite bare, and hopefully if this takes off we can start posting the winning setups there to improve the game for all users.

How does this work?
Choose the selected car of the week in the Main Menu. Click on Time Trial and load up the track of the week. Once in, feel free to play around with the setups as much as you like and post some laptimes. The scoreboard in game will automatically update. When you are done, post here your laptime, and either share your setup and tips, or ask for help.

To start off, we will only use Reiza default cars and tracks, but we may move into mods in the future.
Voting forms for next car and track.

Former Trials
Formula V10 @ Goainia
Super V8 @ Johannesburg Historic
Supertruck @ Cascavel Truck
Copa Montana @ VIR Full Course

This Week
V8 Stock @ Curitiba

Last edited:
Re. the Formula 3 and set up:

Even in the junior formulae, driving skill alone is not enough, so you must know how to get the most out of your chassis. At that skill level, you can probably gain a second per lap through skillful driving, but lose three times as much by setting up the car incorrectly.

-Alain Prost from his book Competition Driving

Care of this document. http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/advanced-f1-setup-guide.78964/

Few laps in ... and i got a 48,1xx in velopark with Gaugo's setup and quick learning his tips :)
..and there is some tenths still hanging somewhere :p

So thank you again.

Here is my setup for the Supertruck. I increased the rear ARB to keep the front wheels from lifting off the ground and moved the weight to the back for maximum traction. I set the packers to maximum at the front and minimum at the rear. This allows you take the jumps flat out. Good luck.

Really glad these trucks don't race in the UK. What a waste of a perfectly good racetrack :)

No idea if it's by accident or design but you can get away with not taking the jumps at this track although the space to the left of the ramps that can be used without getting an off-track is only just wider than the truck. I managed a 1:18.739 not taking the ramps. Just thought I should own up to that as I am not usually one for exploits.

Oh look at the motorsports snob poopooing these mighty machines. :D

You should report the jump exploit to Reiza.

Not a racing snob at all. I'm off tomorrow to Castle Combe for a club race meeting. Just think these trucks are *way* better off-road which is what they are designed for after all. I see they have them on the bill this weekend with the Indycars in Toronto and they look pretty ridiculous trundling around.

I just posted it in the Reiza forums.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back