AMS Time Trial of the Week

Jimlaad43

Nice apex, I'll take it!
Staff
Premium
TTOTW.jpg

Post times, share setups and tips, fill up some leaderboards!

The Time Trial feature on AMS allows users to post times at any tracks and compare it to other drivers around the world. The setups thread for AMS is quite bare, and hopefully if this takes off we can start posting the winning setups there to improve the game for all users.

How does this work?
Choose the selected car of the week in the Main Menu. Click on Time Trial and load up the track of the week. Once in, feel free to play around with the setups as much as you like and post some laptimes. The scoreboard in game will automatically update. When you are done, post here your laptime, and either share your setup and tips, or ask for help.

To start off, we will only use Reiza default cars and tracks, but we may move into mods in the future.
Voting forms for next car and track.

Former Trials
Formula V10 @ Goainia
Super V8 @ Johannesburg Historic
Supertruck @ Cascavel Truck
Copa Montana @ VIR Full Course

This Week
V8 Stock @ Curitiba

Last edited:
1.57.1xx .. but I don't really know what to do with the setup, will try again if someone shares a setup to begin with. :sneaky:

I don't know if this is discussed already, but is there going to be a pre heated brakes and tyres in time trial mode? and if so, the start should be a few corners back.
It's frustrating with specially long tracks, to "waste" the first lap away, you know. :)

1.57.1xx .. but I don't really know what to do with the setup, will try again if someone shares a setup to begin with. :sneaky:

I don't know if this is discussed already, but is there going to be a pre heated brakes and tyres in time trial mode? and if so, the start should be a few corners back.
It's frustrating with specially long tracks, to "waste" the first lap away, you know. :)

Maybe wrong but I think Reiza said they are leaving things as they are but it would be nice as some cars seem to be quicker on the 3rd lap so it wastes quite a bit of time whenever you want to make a change.

Managed a 1:57.371 so far. Really like this track but having a lot of trouble being consistent through "Oak Tree" corner onto the main straight. Also not sure if the set-up should be more for the slow parts or the fast parts.

Edit: Attached setup

Attachments

• montana_tt.svm
    3.7 KB · Views: 192
Last edited:
This track is frustrating. You touch a kerb and you get a track limit violation. You run just slightly wide on corner exit and you get another track limit violation. It really takes all the fun out of it for me.

I have attached my setup. It's a little understeery in both the fast and the slow corners but it handles the kerbs well. I managed a 1.54.7 with it after about 10 laps of practice.

While I haven't been trying as hard this week as in the past I didn't find the track limits all that bad. The only one I fell afoul of repeatedly was the one on the way to the fast left hander before you go downhill to the Oak tree hairpin. However when reviewing replays it always looked like at least 3 tires are out of bounds riding the whole curb.

I may give this one another go though and see if I can get myself an extra second.

Shaved off a couple of tenths. Had some laps with better splits but always blew it in the last section. Had a few wild spins and was wondering how they get away with just grass runoff at some of these very fast corners? You don't see any circuits like this in Europe these days, all the grass would be paved over.

This track is frustrating. You touch a kerb and you get a track limit violation. You run just slightly wide on corner exit and you get another track limit violation. It really takes all the fun out of it for me.

I have attached my setup. It's a little understeery in both the fast and the slow corners but it handles the kerbs well. I managed a 1.54.7 with it after about 10 laps of practice.
I learned it the harsh way during a race we've had few weeks ago

@fortyfivekev I think its the nature of American motorsport. Its much more shabby, much less technical compared to the stringent excesses of Formula. There's much less of this FIA grade stuff going on. Europe is very rules heavy while America is a lot more haphazard which I think is defined in the history of the two motorsport cultures.

Furthermore there's no fantastic Le Mans disaster in the early history of American racing. Most of the strong safety changes have been involved in Ovals more than anything in America and even then much more recently than in Europe with F1. That's where all the grass has been paved over. That's also where most of the heartbreaking deaths have been.

Personally I prefer the feel to American racing. I'd rather watch an IMSA race than most of WEC. I mean, you show Lime Rock Park to a European race steward they'd probably have a heart attack.

Yes, probably being a bit harsh on VIR as it is a great circuit and I am glad we have it in AMS. Have added it to my growing list of US circuits to try and visit in real life. Actually I think Cadwell Park is probably the lower rent equivalent of VIR in the UK so it is odd we will have that soon in AMS as well.

OT, but what a great WEC race yesterday, way better than the F1 borathon.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 313 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 213 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 209 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 271 13.4%