AI Line Helper

Apps AI Line Helper 2022.03.08

Login or Register an account to download this content
Not sure about this, but i suspect if some part of the track is below 0 height, then CSP has this bug.
I will take a look a this cause i tried with csp disable ans didn't see any difference,
+ It is now impossible to create the pit Line, it follow the same path than the fast lane. The surface.ini file is correct i think, the speed limiter works... I suspect my timing objects aren't well placed. Could the pit lane entry that is before the last ac_time and the end of the pit lane after the starting line affect it in any way?

I will take a look a this cause i tried with csp disable ans didn't see any difference,
+ It is now impossible to create the pit Line, it follow the same path than the fast lane. The surface.ini file is correct i think, the speed limiter works... I suspect my timing objects aren't well placed. Could the pit lane entry that is before the last ac_time and the end of the pit lane after the starting line affect it in any way?
No, pitlane should be independent from timing gates. I'm out of ideas now.

Last edited:
Actually one more idea: Is there any gap between pit and roadmesh? zoom in closely :)

Well maybe it is a bit wacky but what if i modify my Gates to create a fast lane through the pit lane that i change name to pit_lane and then the gates goes back in place et recreate a fast lane? That sounds stupide :p

:Well i got the answer to my stupid question: ai juste don't pit

Last edited:
Do I have to press shift for every race that i want to drive with AI so it loads the correct side files? Or when does it get "baked" into the "normal" file? Am I missing something?

Hello. is it possible to modify the application in such a way that it sets a binding to a position on a spline and based on this creates borders? That is, there was an exact countdown from 0.000001 to 0.999999.

Last edited:
Why these spikes on the track borders happens?
Untitled.jpg

Hi, I have issue with locating *.ini files.
1) Press "Save AI"
2) The system says: "ai.ini saved"

Where? I don't see any new (or updated) file in AC folder.

UPD. Or it's about "fast_lane.ai.candidate" ?.. I guess, it is. If so, I think, the pop-up message should be corrected.

Last edited:
I've created an experimental/beta/dev version of the app which can be downloaded here:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ak5mj_EVpj-P0joyW9urp2ILFw1_

The dev version should allow for the ability to rerecord a "partial line" for a side_l.csv or side_r.csv file, but the CSV must first be recorded with this version (this version adds a PositionOnTrack column to the CSV, which AC ignores, but the app can then read later). If you try to "load" a CSV saved with a previous version of this app it will not work (and may crash AC).

View attachment 200322

The "Track Left" and "Track Right" buttons work the same and will require you to trace the line for a full lap (same as before). The "Part Left" and "Part Right" buttons will attempt to load the previously saved CSV file (must have been saved with this dev version or higher), and they also require you to drive a full lap, but you don't have to "trace" the whole time. This means you can quickly drive to the spot you want to change, trace the new section, the quickly drive to the S/F.

When you click the "Part Left" button it loads the saved CSV into a "dictionary", or "dic". When you pass S/F it will use the values from the dic until you click the F4 hotkey (I'd map this to a button on my wheel using JoyToKey) or the "Part Left" button, which toggles on live data. It will continue using the live data until you click F4 or the button again to toggle back to the dic. When it is pulling data from the dic the title will read "dicLeft", and when it is pulling live data it will read "trackLeft". Hopefully that all makes sense, as I'm not at a place where I can record a demo video. :p

I've been able to do basic testing with this, so I think it should work, but I'm not currently able to do extensive testing, so I'm putting it out here as a "beta" version for anyone that would like to try the new features and give me feeback.

The PoT has been expanded to 6 decimal places, and the app will not record more than 1 world position for each PoT (in case you were wondering). :)

If you have any issues using this dev version please let me know.

Cheers,

Esotic

Why I only see this panel then I open the app in-game?

Hi everyone
I tried this cool app to fix some ai issues
I got the side files with data but they dont show up as yellow lines when starting the game with shift hold in CM. It also seems AI does ignor the sidelanes in races.
Any hints?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea