Ahvenisto Race Circuit

Tracks Ahvenisto Race Circuit 1.1.5

Login or Register an account to download this content
Jaasu submitted a new resource:

Ahvenisto Race Circuit - Legendary Ahvenisto Circuit in Finland

xRhB9pa.png

mskBxQM.png

Legendary Ahvenisto “Appara” Circuit in Hämeenlinna, Finland. Scratch-build track based on lidar data.

About
The construction of Ahvenisto Race Circuit was finished on July 15, 1967. The circuit is 2,840 metres long. It features a total elevation change of 32 metres, its main straight is 280 metres in length and its width varies between 9 metres and 17 metres. Its elevation changes, short or...

Read more about this resource...

LiDAR data!! Oh yes I've been waiting for a proper version of Ahvenisto. LOve this track!

Appears to be a spacing issue in the pit stalls, cars are clipping into one another

Last edited:
LiDAR data!! Oh yes I've been waiting for a proper version of Ahvenisto. LOve this track!

Appears to be a spacing issue in the pit stalls, cars are clipping into one another

Yeh pit area is pretty tight. Adding more space between cars would reduce pit boxes count to quite low so I decided to keep it this way. Doesn't look pretty but not really huge issue if you ask me.

I guess it's your own version of the track, but it is already a version on racedepartment.
http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ahvenisto.10846/

Yeah, sorry about the rating, I wanted to delete my review and write here instead, but because you responded on it I cannot delete it.
I appreciate every new quality track in Assetto, maybe we get a new track next time. ;)

Fair enough but this could have been mentioned in this thread :)

Last edited:
Thanks for a more accurate version of this cool track, drives nice

perhaps the shaders need a tweak? see the following pics from 18:00 clear

Screenshot_ks_ferrari_sf15t_ahvenisto_rc_30-7-117-18-42-47.jpg
Screenshot_ks_ferrari_sf15t_ahvenisto_rc_30-7-117-18-43-21.jpg

think i noticed the wrong way sign appear where the track goes under/over another part

also a couple of minor errors

INIReader: content/tracks/ahvenisto_rc/data/ai_hints.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [HINT_0] START
INIReader: content/tracks/ahvenisto_rc/data/ai_hints.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [HINT_0] END
INIReader: content/tracks/ahvenisto_rc/data/ai_hints.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [HINT_0] VALUE
INIReader: content/tracks/ahvenisto_rc/data/cameras.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [CAMERA_0] IN_POINT

this track is in dire need of higher res/better textures here and there (same as alastaro), maybe some more foliage to hide the tree trunks (?) and less green grass ... but that's just visual ... fun to drive otherwise

Last edited:
Great job! This indeed seems to have more accurate layout than the other version available. I have been filming there a few times, not driving though. But the first thing that bothered me visually, was the track-side & hill textures (green grass) and the lack of the sand/stones terrain areas that are really there (more like in the other version of the track). Some more work with these textures and this is a 5 star track for sure!

Great job! This indeed seems to have more accurate layout than the other version available. I have been filming there a few times, not driving though. But the first thing that bothered me visually, was the track-side & hill textures (green grass) and the lack of the sand/stones terrain areas that are really there (more like in the other version of the track). Some more work with these textures and this is a 5 star track for sure!

Any particular reason what is bothering in track side grass?

I tried it only in hotlap. For me, layout is just great, but there's two thing that need update: wonky shadows close to barriers and all of the enviroments - especially grass that looks like from Nintendo 64 games. Anyway, when it'll be ready, this will be my number one mod track. Keep working.

Any particular reason what is bothering in track side grass?
First of all, I really don´t want to complain at all since this is just great work and generally just awsome and realistic build! I was hoping for a long time to get more accurate version of this track and you have done it! But since you asked, I tried to point out what could perhaps be done to make the grass etc. textures even better. I took one screen shot where I pointed out a couple of general issues that I would concider working on a bit. Of course these are just my opinions and people can comment if they feel different?
Ahvenisto.jpg

First of all, I really don´t want to complain at all since this is just great work and generally just awsome and realistic build! I was hoping for a long time to get more accurate version of this track and you have done it! But since you asked, I tried to point out what could perhaps be done to make the grass etc. textures even better. I took one screen shot where I pointed out a couple of general issues that I would concider working on a bit. Of course these are just my opinions and people can comment if they feel different?

Any feedback is of course welcome, if it looks like crap then it probably is crap while it could be better. In real life that slope is mostly sand but then there is so much pine needles and bushes you can't see the sand so well.

Maybe something like this would make it look better, also different grass texture. I should probably add more bushes to the slope so it wouldn't look so "empty".

Ahvenistoprw.png

Thanks for a more accurate version of this cool track, drives nice

perhaps the shaders need a tweak? see the following pics from 18:00 clear

think i noticed the wrong way sign appear where the track goes under/over another part

also a couple of minor errors

INIReader: content/tracks/ahvenisto_rc/data/ai_hints.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [HINT_0] START
INIReader: content/tracks/ahvenisto_rc/data/ai_hints.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [HINT_0] END
INIReader: content/tracks/ahvenisto_rc/data/ai_hints.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [HINT_0] VALUE
INIReader: content/tracks/ahvenisto_rc/data/cameras.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [CAMERA_0] IN_POINT

I'll get these fixed in next update :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Fully agreed with @Sandstormi

Everything else is very good already. Track surface feels very good, which of course is the most important part along with the accurate layout.

Thanks for making this. Jatka hyvää duunii!

Any feedback is of course welcome, if it looks like crap then it probably is crap while it could be better. In real life that slope is mostly sand but then there is so much pine needles and bushes you can't see the sand so well.

Maybe something like this would make it look better, also different grass texture. I should probably add more bushes to the slope so it wouldn't look so "empty".

View attachment 204473

Also something brown(ish)/grey under those trees. Like you know, finnish pine forrest bed is hardly ever fully green, especially hilly parts.

I have done more racing in this track now and I´m getting more and more excited how great work you have done with this, feels so much more right than the other version of the track! Just a little bit that "dryness" and details here and there for the trackside hills + those brown-yellowish sand/stone areas added where they are missing and this would be just so BRILLIANT! And perhaps a bit more variations to the bushes maybe? I would be happy to make a donation then if possible? :)

Then there´s Kemora and Botniaring missing still, wink wink ;) :D

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.5%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.5%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.5%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.4%
  • Forum trophies