Resource icon

Misc AcTools Cars Manager 0.3.63

Login or Register an account to download this content
Added. :3

Kunos should buy you this program and include it on the next AC update. :)

I noticed a limitation of the showroom and is that some cars can not be centered on screen. Here is an example.
c1.jpg

And this is like I would like it to look:
c2.jpg

Is there any way to move the car itself on the ground so it stands centered on screen? Zooming and rolling it does not help centering enough. Can you hack the showroom to this level, oh Lord? :)

Other ideas I'm thinking of are 1) Make "manual update previews" start with the same look as "auto update previews" but without rolling. And 2) enable "Batch auto update previews" for selected cars adding buttons like "SELECT ALL CARS", "CHECK SELECTED CARS", "AUTO UPDATE PREVIEWS FOR CHECKED CARS", etc.

Also SweetFX does not get disabled even if the option is checked. Is that normal? I mean, the SweetFX welcome text appears upper left of showroom and says it is enabled but when you see the photos they don't have SweetFX applied.

Thanx!

Kunos should buy you this program and include it on the next AC update. :)

I noticed a limitation of the showroom and is that some cars can not be centered on screen. Here is an example.
View attachment 97060

And this is like I would like it to look:
View attachment 97062

Is there any way to move the car itself on the ground so it stands centered on screen? Zooming and rolling it does not help centering enough. Can you hack the showroom to this level, oh Lord? :)

Other ideas I'm thinking of are 1) Make "manual update previews" start with the same look as "auto update previews" but without rolling. And 2) enable "Batch auto update previews" for selected cars adding buttons like "SELECT ALL CARS", "CHECK SELECTED CARS", "AUTO UPDATE PREVIEWS FOR CHECKED CARS", etc.

Also SweetFX does not get disabled even if the option is checked. Is that normal? I mean, the SweetFX welcome text appears upper left of showroom and says it is enabled but when you see the photos they don't have SweetFX applied.

Thanx!
> Kunos should buy you this program and include it on the next AC update.
Would be better if they just fix acShowroom.exe and make it actually read all settings from “showroom_start.ini”. :3

By the way, I'm planning to create some kind of custom launcher with something like GT-career, but later. Would you like to help? :3

> I noticed a limitation of the showroom and is that some cars can not be centered on screen. Here is an example.
For now I recommend to use manual mode and press F7 to center car on screen. Maybe I'll find some other way, but I can't interfere to acShowroom.exe process'es memory (otherwise, probably, app will need Administrator rights). Sometimes I think would be simpler just to write new app to view cars. Actually, it's an interesting idea...

> Is there any way to move the car itself
Move the car instead of camera? Hmm… Looks like acShowroom.exe don't use GRAPHICS_OFFSET from car.ini. But maybe I can just move car's nodes itself and restore original kn5 after. Ok, I'll try, it could work! Thank you! :3

> Make "manual update previews" start with the same look as "auto update previews" but without rolling
Ok. :3

> enable "Batch auto update previews" for selected cars
Ok again. I'll add some checkboxes or something. :3

> Also SweetFX does not get disabled even if the option is checked. Is that normal?
App have to rename d3d11.dll if it exists. Maybe your version of SweetFX uses other file? Anyway, this option more just for reducing start-up time, especially if SweetFX don't affect on result. :3

By the way, I'm planning to create some kind of custom launcher with something like GT-career, but later. Would you like to help? :3
YES!

For now I recommend to use manual mode and press F7 to center car on screen. Maybe I'll find some other way, but I can't interfere to acShowroom.exe process'es memory (otherwise, probably, app will need Administrator rights). Sometimes I think would be simpler just to write new app to view cars. Actually, it's an interesting idea...
OMG! I didn't know about F7. It's almost what I was looking for but it moves the camera instead of moving the car, right?. It's not perfect but it will do for now.

App have to rename d3d11.dll if it exists. Maybe your version of SweetFX uses other file? Anyway, this option more just for reducing start-up time, especially if SweetFX don't affect on result. :3
Yes, mine is called dxgi.dll. No worries then. :)

Since we're into suggestions. I don't know if all are possible or interesting to everyone but I figured I might as well throw ideas in for debate. :)

• Add options to the "Open in Showroom" feature so that we can choose which showroom? It should not only be for the original showrooms in the game but rather detect all the showroom that are installed ;)
  • Add a field where the user can enter the mod version number. I think it could be saved in the json file of the car. Obviously won't be picked up in game which is good, but could be usefull in your software...
  • ...then automatically detect when a new version is updated on racedepartment, if the user can enter a link to the mod or something (don't know if that's possible)
  • I've seen you're planning some kind of database for the future, so maybe detect automatically mods (example: urd) and allow the user to easily apply information registered in the database. I'd be happy to provide some of the data, like what I did for the urd mods : http://www.racedepartment.com/downl...real-names-brands-and-logos-in-launcher.3555/
Ideas for the future skins support:
Also:
  • Support for tracks?

Another idea as well for the future, once support for the skins I here.

What I do at the moment when I install skins is this:
  • I have folders on my hard drive with suit/helmet textures. Example: Ferrari pro, Ferrari test driver, Bmw white, BMW black, BMW 1980s and so on
  • I have folders on my hard drive with tyre textures. Example: Ferrari 458 GT2\Michelin, Ferrari 458 GT2\Dunlop, BMW Z4 GT3\Michelin and so on
  • I install the skins and then either manually add these textures or use a batch when there are several skins to update
I thought maybe allowing the user to enter location of such folders on his hard drive to make a list, or maybe from an online database. Then, for example:
  • a button called "Apply Suit", opening a popup with the list of suits, then when the user selects a suit, a batch adds it to the skin folder
  • same for tyres, maybe filtering the list according to the vehicle of the skin
Again, this is just an idea I'm throwing in ^^

YES!

OMG! I didn't know about F7. It's almost what I was looking for but it moves the camera instead of moving the car, right?. It's not perfect but it will do for now.

Yes, mine is called dxgi.dll. No worries then. :)
> YES!
Awesome. I don't know yet, what it's going to be, but most likely there will be new replacement for career mode. I'm not sure if I can read/write default save, and I'm pretty sure I don't want to do it. I mean, with all due respect, default career is pretty boring, imho. So we will have to create something new, ok? And I think, with mods.

> It's not perfect but it will do for now.
I've found the way to move car, but with two problems: shadow (from png-files) isn't moving, and I can't figure out which values use for different cars. I'll try to create a custom renderer, but later. (And if I can do it, maybe I even try to add 3d-previews to custom launcher! Maybe.)

> dxgi.dll
Added. :3

Another idea as well for the future, once support for the skins I here.

What I do at the moment when I install skins is this:
  • I have folders on my hard drive with suit/helmet textures. Example: Ferrari pro, Ferrari test driver, Bmw white, BMW black, BMW 1980s and so on
  • I have folders on my hard drive with tyre textures. Example: Ferrari 458 GT2\Michelin, Ferrari 458 GT2\Dunlop, BMW Z4 GT3\Michelin and so on
  • I install the skins and then either manually add these textures or use a batch when there are several skins to update
I thought maybe allowing the user to enter location of such folders on his hard drive to make a list, or maybe from an online database. Then, for example:
  • a button called "Apply Suit", opening a popup with the list of suits, then when the user selects a suit, a batch adds it to the skin folder
  • same for tyres, maybe filtering the list according to the vehicle of the skin
Again, this is just an idea I'm throwing in ^^
> Add options to the "Open in Showroom"
1vgdMdn.png

I'm not sure, but I think there is this option already.

> Add a field where the user can enter the mod version number.
I'll make them optional to keep UI lighter. And then users will be able to see, for example, which mod from Kunos and which is not (with this new previews sometimes it's a problem)! Cool idea, thanks. :3

> ...then automatically detect when a new version is updated on racedepartment, if the user can enter a link to the mod or something (don't know if that's possible)
Maybe later. First I'm going to add installing and updating by drag'n'drop archive on app or something like that.

> I've seen you're planning some kind of database for the future, so maybe detect automatically mods (example: urd) and allow the user to easily apply information registered in the database.
This exactly what I'm going to do! And first part is already done — just enable “Send some data” option and data changes will be automatically upload on server!

And thank you for link, I'll add this parts from there. :3

> A database from which users can download/apply information such as name of the skin, team name, driver name, country, etc for real life liveries. Maybe I could help with that by providing some data already collected that I've made available here :
I'll think about it, thanks. Would be great to add something like online-gallery, so users could share their skins and rate them, but it requires much cooler server than free from 000webhost.:D

So, yes, most likely I'll just extend current DB to support skins.

> Support for tracks?
Later, for sure. :3

> I have folders on my hard drive with tyre textures.
Yes, I'm going to add Skin Editor. Thank you, Drag'n'Drop for it will be awesome addition.

> or use a batch
Maybe, something like extending selected skins for every of selected files... Interesting idea, thanks.

I'm not sure, but I think there is this option already.
Oh right! It's there! Sorry I missed that ^^

just enable “Send some data” option and data changes will be automatically upload on server!
Did it :)

Also, when updating the previews manually, at the moment I can't do alt+tab as the showroom stays on top at all times. The reason I want to do alt+tab is to compare the position of the camera with existing previews to keep it as close as possible to the original content. Do you think that could be fixable?

Also, when updating the previews manually, at the moment I can't do alt+tab as the showroom stays on top at all times. The reason I want to do alt+tab is to compare the position of the camera with existing previews to keep it as close as possible to the original content. Do you think that could be fixable?
Yes, of course. I'll fix it.

x4fab updated AcTools Cars Manager with a new update entry:

New fields, new fixers, data application

• Introducing: Custom Showroom (body/wheels ambient shadows fixer, livery generator, new auto-update previews modes)
    • Introducing: Data Application (auto-updatable user-extendable data storage)
    • Body ambient shadow size editing (works with packed data too!)
    • Auto-update Livery
    • Restoration Wizard:
      • Fix broken ui_skin.json
      • Fix missing previews & liveries
      • Fix SUSP_XX
      • Autodetect & fix aero.ini problem without unpacking data.acd
      • Autodetect &...

Read the rest of this update entry...

When i try to load a car to showroom from the carmanager all i get is a black screen. I cant get back to the program or desktop. When loading the same car from within Assetto Corsa the showroom loads fine. Am i missing something, do i have the right showrooms installed ?

Attachments

• showroom will not open log.txt
    4.3 KB · Views: 373
  • showrooms.jpg
    showrooms.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 242
When i try to load a car to showroom from the carmanager all i get is a black screen. I cant get back to the program or desktop. When loading the same car from within Assetto Corsa the showroom loads fine. Am i missing something, do i have the right showrooms installed ?
Sorry about it. App should warn you if the selected showroom is missing, so the problem has to be somewhere else. It's not the auto-update feature, just showroom, right? Which version do you have? What happens if you try to launch acShowroom.exe from AC root folder?

GREAT!BUT ,How to solve this problem? Thanks
"Showroom was terminated too soon."
Get this when I want to auto update the previews
Does the regular showroom feature work? Please, send me log.txt from …\Documents\Assetto Corsa\logs after failed attempt (this file re-writes every time you start game or showroom).

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back