Resource icon

Misc AcTools Cars Manager 0.3.63

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hi,
I put the files in the AC directory but unfortunately the app don't even launch.

I'm getting this error:
Uncaught exception, sorry.

TypeError: Cannot read property '0' of undefined
at C:\Users\MYUSER\AppData\Local\Temp\nw11324_23883\script\lib\dialog.js:13:21
at Array.map (native)
at new Dialog (C:\Users\MYUSER\AppData\Local\Temp\nw11324_23883\script\lib\dialog.js:12:49)
at prompt (file:///C:/Users/MYUSER/AppData/Local/Temp/nw11324_23883/script/modules/2_acdir.js:25:26)
at Object.init (file:///C:/Users/MYUSER/AppData/Local/Temp/nw11324_23883/script/modules/2_acdir.js:51:13)
at file:///C:/Users/MYUSER/AppData/Local/Temp/nw11324_23883/script/main.js:6:15

Using Win8.1 x64
Thanks.

No luck. :(

Error again with showroom and update previews.

I have no other computer to test with. Sorry.

View attachment 96648 View attachment 96649
Maybe problem in some missing libs or something. I'm going to check if it works in VM.

Hi,
I put the files in the AC directory but unfortunately the app don't even launch.

I'm getting this error:
Uncaught exception, sorry.

TypeError: Cannot read property '0' of undefined
at C:\Users\MYUSER\AppData\Local\Temp\nw11324_23883\script\lib\dialog.js:13:21
at Array.map (native)
at new Dialog (C:\Users\MYUSER\AppData\Local\Temp\nw11324_23883\script\lib\dialog.js:12:49)
at prompt (file:///C:/Users/MYUSER/AppData/Local/Temp/nw11324_23883/script/modules/2_acdir.js:25:26)
at Object.init (file:///C:/Users/MYUSER/AppData/Local/Temp/nw11324_23883/script/modules/2_acdir.js:51:13)
at file:///C:/Users/MYUSER/AppData/Local/Temp/nw11324_23883/script/main.js:6:15

Using Win8.1 x64
Thanks.
Are you sure you're using last version?

gsQhpBx.png

Yay, I've got the same error in VM with clean Win7! Now let's see, what will fix it...

Hi!

0.2.22.0 is starting to work!!! Showroom opens finally and works well. Yay!!! :)

But Update previews does not work. It opens showroom and starts to take photos of the same skin over and over and does not skip to the next skin so I have to press ESC to exit showroom and it gives me following error message. No auto or manual update preview work yet. :( Then if I go to the Assetto Corsa screen captures/photos folder I can find there the several repeated photos the showroom took to the same skin over and over. I have SweetFX deleted. I tried with several cars.

645645.jpg

Hi!

0.2.22.0 is starting to work!!! Showroom opens finally and works well. Yay!!! :)

But Update previews does not work. It opens showroom and starts to take photos of the same skin over and over and does not skip to the next skin so I have to press ESC to exit showroom and it gives me following error message. No auto or manual update preview work yet. :( Then if I go to the Assetto Corsa screen captures/photos folder I can find there the several repeated photos the showroom took to the same skin over and over. I have SweetFX deleted. I tried with several cars.

View attachment 96692
That's cool, I'm glad to hear. Well, only first part though. :D

Which version of AC do you use? Does Page Down button switches to the next skin?

(This feature is unbelievably buggy: sadly acShowroom.exe don't read all values from showroom.ini, so I had to find the way to change cam position after launch. I didn't want to interfere into acShowroom.exe process (looks like it requires Administrator rights), so instead I just programmatically press some buttons, move cursor around (this part is the worst) and watch to log and screenshots folder to see when go to the next step. Terrible. Maybe I'll try to find another way. Maybe optional Administrator mode even will be better then this.)

That's cool, I'm glad to hear. Well, only first part though. :D

Which version of AC do you use? Does Page Down button switches to the next skin?

(This feature is unbelievably buggy: sadly acShowroom.exe don't read all values from showroom.ini, so I had to find the way to change cam position after launch. I didn't want to interfere into acShowroom.exe process (looks like it requires Administrator rights), so instead I just programmatically press some buttons, move cursor around (this part is the worst) and watch to log and screenshots folder to see when go to the next step. Terrible. Maybe I'll try to find another way. Maybe optional Administrator mode even will be better then this.)

I use AC 1.1.6.

Yes, Page Down button switches to the next skin.

It works "auto update previews"!!! 0.2.23.0 works everything!!!

Thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks!!! :)

Questions:

1) Can the "auto update previews" be pre-configured with a custom showroom and point of camera view so from now on the auto previews look always my own style and I don't have to run "manual update previews"?

2) Can the previews be PNG at 1920x1080? Is it a limitation of AC they are JPG at 1024x576?

3) Some cars skins folders don't have livery.jpg and it appears empty on AcTools. Could AcTools make a livery.jpg from CAR_CHASSIS.dds?

Thanks for all again. Great program!!! :)

Paul

It works "auto update previews"!!! 0.2.23.0 works everything!!!

Thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks!!! :)

Questions:

1) Can the "auto update previews" be pre-configured with a custom showroom and point of camera view so from now on the auto previews look always my own style and I don't have to run "manual update previews"?

2) Can the previews be PNG at 1920x1080? Is it a limitation of AC they are JPG at 1024x576?

3) Some cars skins folders don't have livery.jpg and it appears empty on AcTools. Could AcTools make a livery.jpg from CAR_CHASSIS.dds?

Thanks for all again. Great program!!! :)

Paul
Awesome! I almost went to the assembler code. You're welcome. :3

1. Ok, I'll add this as option.
  2. And this too. Screenshots are taken at 1920×1080, I resize them later to be more like original ones. And app loads them faster.
  3. The Livery Editor is already planned, but there is two problems: at this moment I'm not sure how to load every type of DDS (there's A LOT of them) and which file take (sometimes it's name is body00.dds, or carpaint_180.dds, or metal_detail.dds, etc.; and even material's names are different: body, EXT_body, carpaint; hmm... but I can try to use mesh with the biggest number of vertices... ok, I'll try), so probably I just add something like color-picker, maybe with some basic Paint-like functions.
Thank you, glad to help. :3

Hi, I have the same problem as Paulaob had, the program works and it opens the showroom, but the "Update previews" function doesn't work correctly. It takes a photo when I press F8 but the skins don't change (sometimes they do), and then there's the problem that it doesn't close the showroom after I took manually the photo from the last skin, I have to press F8 for a few times and then the showroom closes and I get asked if I wanna apply the new previews, but almost all the photos are from the last skin. Or in other words, I have to press +- 3 times the F8 key to get 2 photos and +-17 times to get 7 photos. Or I press ESC and I abort it.

And can you add a function, which allows us to enable/disable only some skins and not the whole car?

The rest from the program works and is great :)

Hi, I have the same problem as Paulaob had, the program works and it opens the showroom, but the "Update previews" function doesn't work correctly. It takes a photo when I press F8 but the skins don't change (sometimes they do), and then there's the problem that it doesn't close the showroom after I took manually the photo from the last skin, I have to press F8 for a few times and then the showroom closes and I get asked if I wanna apply the new previews, but almost all the photos are from the last skin. Or in other words, I have to press +- 3 times the F8 key to get 2 photos and +-17 times to get 7 photos. Or I press ESC and I abort it.

And can you add a function, which allows us to enable/disable only some skins and not the whole car?

The rest from the program works and is great :)
Thank you. I'm going to add some Skins Editor, but later. :)

About previews, I think, I'll add optional increase for delay between switch skins and taking photos and, if it won't help, fully manual mode: user will have to switch skins and taking shots (but it's dumb and boring, so only if there's no other options).

Hi there!

Really love this tool!

What I'd like to suggest though is to give the user the ability of sorting the vehicles alphabetically according to their name in the json file. ;)

Also a solution to make backups. Example: if I change anything in th json file of an original car, it could be erased by a future update. Currently I'm using JSGME to avoid that, but if that could be included in here that'd be awesome. :)

Hi x4fab

Something got broken with 0.3.15. :(

When I click "Auto update previews" it opens the showroom and the car is loaded OK. But now with 0.3.15 the car keeps rolling to the left while the photos start to be taken and the skins keep sliding as expected. When all photos are taken the showroom closes itself and ACTOOLS gives me the following attached error message. The photos are not really saved to the hardisk as the temp folder is not automatically opened for me to see the several jpg as it happened with previous version of ACTOOLS. The same happens with "Manual update previews", I can customize camera position, then take the first photo manually and once is done the rest of the skins, it closes and gives me the same error.

75675675.jpg

I have downloaded 0.2.23 again from "version history" page and it works perfect again. It's a problem of 0.3.15. :(

I have tried different internal options of 0.3.15, disabling and enabling many of them with no luck. And if I change the camera position and then try auto or manual update previews it doesn't show the new camera position on showroom.

Everything else works OK.

Thanx!

Hi there!

Really love this tool!

What I'd like to suggest though is to give the user the ability of sorting the vehicles alphabetically according to their name in the json file. ;)

Also a solution to make backups. Example: if I change anything in th json file of an original car, it could be erased by a future update. Currently I'm using JSGME to avoid that, but if that could be included in here that'd be awesome. :)
Thank you.

I've added sorting in 0.3.15, and, quite possible, will add backups later. But I'm going to add automatically mod installation (something like just drag'n'drop archive on form), and then I'll be able to let user decide which parts of, for example, ui_car.json update and which don't. So, I think, this could solve the problem. :3

Hi x4fab

Something got broken with 0.3.15. :(

When I click "Auto update previews" it opens the showroom and the car is loaded OK. But now with 0.3.15 the car keeps rolling to the left while the photos start to be taken and the skins keep sliding as expected. When all photos are taken the showroom closes itself and ACTOOLS gives me the following attached error message. The photos are not really saved to the hardisk as the temp folder is not automatically opened for me to see the several jpg as it happened with previous version of ACTOOLS. The same happens with "Manual update previews", I can customize camera position, then take the first photo manually and once is done the rest of the skins, it closes and gives me the same error.

View attachment 97002

I have downloaded 0.2.23 again from "version history" page and it works perfect again. It's a problem of 0.3.15. :(

I have tried different internal options of 0.3.15, disabling and enabling many of them with no luck. And if I change the camera position and then try auto or manual update previews it doesn't show the new camera position on showroom.

Everything else works OK.

Thanx!

Hi, sorry about that. Please, try 0.3.18 (you could just switch to Beta in settings, but I'm afraid autoupdate could be very buggy). I've fixed two bugs, added detailed error message and increased delay on start – one extra second, but now it works much more stable, at least here. :3

> the temp folder is not automatically opened for me to see the several jpg as it happened with previous version of ACTOOLS
Yes, I've added new dialog.

udG6SzX.png

> And if I change the camera position and then try auto or manual update previews it doesn't show the new camera position on showroom.
Excuse me, I don't quite understand. Settings don't affect on camera position? In that case, do they affect on something at all?

Working now with latest build!!! I love this program! :)

Another question, can the showroom camera zoom be customized for auto previews?

Thanx!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back