AC: Update Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey ! Can't see this thread anymore so... What do you guys think the new build will bring up to the table?

Because these days its photos and future content, but I'd myself rather enjoy a 1.0 release ! With proper collisions etc... Anyone got news?

Agreed. I'm also of the opinion that night/rain is surplus to requirments. No-one races them.
any game that has had these with an online element i have tried - you never, ever race them online. People don't take too well to not being able to run at full pelt for 10 laps. They just don't have the patience for tip-toeing around in the rain/dark.

It's in my opinion a cock measuring feature. Tire models and other things are vastly more important.

Indeed. Everybody wants rain, night racing etc etc, but truth is that 99,5% of the time everybody is racing on day light + dry conditions in games that have those features.

Weather for me is far more important than night racing, because rain is very common in day races, it's a random factor that influences directly the racing itself. Like Aris said, there are very few people using rain in simulators, well, i assume that main reason is because few simulators have this feature and (talking by myself) i don' t use it on rFactor2 because it's not finished yet and it's like driving on ice, once it's ready it'll be used for sure...

I think and just think, that i read about implementing rain in ac is not soo difficult. I think that was from stefano's twitter post somewhere in comments.
Well you just need some graphic effects and lowering grip on track and thats all :D

Weather for me is far more important than night racing, because rain is very common in day races, it's a random factor that influences directly the racing itself. Like Aris said, there are very few people using rain in simulators, well, i assume that main reason is because few simulators have this feature and (talking by myself) i don' t use it on rFactor2 because it's not finished yet and it's like driving on ice, once it's ready it'll be used for sure...
Fully agree, i also loved the rain in netkar Pro...

Career GUI

010872-7.jpg

010872-8.jpg

Well, despite career mode was not important to me at all, i was hoping for something with story, changing teams in same category as you do well and deciding your moves as competitive teams offer you a good car to progress to higher and difficult championships. As far as i see it's all about points, so, i'll pass this, or maybe i'll give it a go sometimes just to burn some dead time...

Well, despite career mode was not important to me at all, i was hoping for something with story, changing teams in same category as you do well and deciding your moves as competitive teams offer you a good car to progress to higher and difficult championships.
something like in Grid? I wasn't really expecting anything like that. I was wondering how they were going to implement a single player in a sim that went beyond setting up a race weekend.

What you're describing would have been a lot of work, I think if they were doing something like that it would be a very different game.

something like in Grid? I wasn't really expecting anything like that. I was wondering how they were going to implement a single player in a sim that went beyond setting up a race weekend.

What you're describing would have been a lot of work, I think if they were doing something like that it would be a very different game.

Career mode is not important to me aswell as for most simracers, i understand Kunos move but it's understandable it's not so complex like arcade games...

Id love a car/racing game made that followed a championship season simulate to the F1 games, but with a team management mode where you build facilities, hire mechanics and crew, test setup cars, secure sponsors, some kind of meta game that helps tie everything together, simular to ETS2... Something that gives more meaning and depth to all the activities you do in the game.

Ironically that is 90% of the racing scene... The actual racing is the easiest part in real life...

Last edited:
Career mode is the most important feature for me. This is why I am so hyped for Pcars. I expect a damn good career mode there. Than I can even forgive if the physics are not as good as in AC.

That in the AC screenshots looks ok to kill some free time but it looks not like a real career mode. Looks like it is similair to Gran Turismo.

Career is a big selling point and it's awesome that they decided to do it ;)
I also like that it is with points and not virtual money.
Besides I don't get what's not to like: a real simulation with career mode for a change :D ;) (i'm sure someone will lecture me about that ;)

Yes I agree, same goes for Gran Turismo or Forza. Lets see what the motivating factor will be in AC or Pcars to play the career mode.
Probably just steam achievements. Which is just fine by me as long as I can create my own races and championships with all the cars I want. I'd imagine that it is not the career mode some of the most career mode focused people are waiting though... For that kind of thing I'd imagine forzas or pcars do it better. Gran turismos are all about dull grinding though so hopefully it is not like that at all though...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back