AC: Update Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey ! Can't see this thread anymore so... What do you guys think the new build will bring up to the table?

Because these days its photos and future content, but I'd myself rather enjoy a 1.0 release ! With proper collisions etc... Anyone got news?

thanks. But isnt this feature ressources intensive and also demanding on the netcode? So 1.0 RC and nobody has seen any of it yet?

mmmmh...

Unless they are talking about damages that have no impact on the visual appearance of the car, but that would not be so simlike as well. I don't know so many questions still to be answered, I hope they will do fine because this title is really shaping up to be my favorite but at the same time while waiting I started nourishing interest for other titles ! And so does the community right now, with hype going left and right... Call me utopist but I'd like to play a title that really gathers people, and for now all I see is "OMG NEW FEATURE IN PCARS GOGOGO" "R3E GOGOGOGO" and then "NO THIS IS NOT ENOUGH I GO BACK TO IRACING"...

Last edited:
thanks. But isnt this feature ressources intensive and also demanding on the netcode? So 1.0 RC and nobody has seen any of it yet?

mmmmh...

Unless they are talking about damages that have no impact on the visual appearance of the car, but that would not be so simlike as well. I don't know so many questions still to be answered, I hope they will do fine because this title is really shaping up to be my favorite but at the same time while waiting I started nourishing interest for other titles ! And so does the community right now, with hype going left and right... Call me utopist but I'd like to play a title that really gathers people, and for now all I see is "OMG NEW FEATURE IN PCARS GOGOGO" "R3E GOGOGOGO" and then "NO THIS IS NOT ENOUGH I GO BACK TO IRACING"...
From Marco's FB page- https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...8838305045.34354.1651916137&type=1&permPage=1

/Opinion: To me at least, damage is really only in sims to keep you in check, because 9/10 times, if you damage something it's going to end your race anyways, or at least hinder your driving quite a bit. So who really cares if it's flashy and fancy looking? So long as it has high fidelity as to what collisions/abuses cause what, and they reflect that in the physics, it really doesn't matter. /Opinion

And as for the damage taxing the netcode- I'm not an expert at all, but as I understand, it wouldn't affect it since all it's doing is loading one visual mesh and texture instead of another. Like in iRacing for example, the body damage all looks the same since they're just different meshes to reflect the aprox. level of damage.

Last edited:
The netcode I think is fine, until a collision happens. This I think is why there are so many catastrophic start crashes. A car collides with another and instead of simply rubbing panels the collision detection totally overreacts and sends both cars flying (usually into other cars), and then chaos & calamity ensues.

Thanks Joao. Still scared about the netcode though. On my computer (maybe its just mine...) at 50 ping, each time there is a colision I start to see some veryyyyy weird **** ^^

When coIision happens, I see some veryyyyyyy weird **** too! :D

Tried servers with 40-50ms ping, and it happens there too, but since my region have only very few servers, I need to play on EU servers to have races full of people. There I get usually 280-310ms ping, and although it´s most of the time smooth during actual racing, whenever there is contact between drivers in front of me, it becomes like an extremely laggy scene. The cars who are involved in the crash start doing all sorts of weird animation, like stretching the suspensions, clipping through things, boucing on the armco, flashing and disappearing, then suddenly appearing in the middle of the track.

It´s really hard for me to avoid those incidents because most of the time I see a car touching another, then sliding to the grass, hitting the wall, and all of a sudden it´s back on the track right in front of me. :D

The netcode I think is fine, until a collision happens. This I think is why there are so many catastrophic start crashes. A car collides with another and instead of simply rubbing panels the collision detection totally overreacts and sends both cars flying (usually into other cars), and then chaos & calamity ensues.
Disagree. Very often since they made netcode update to open up servers from booking I see cars jumping around, back and forth. Something is just very instable in the core of it. In fact half the time I see this in AC. It has nothing to do with my internet. r3e, iR cars are nowhere jumping like this.

Disagree. Very often since they made netcode update to open up servers from booking I see cars jumping around, back and forth. Something is just very instable in the core of it. In fact half the time I see this in AC. It has nothing to do with my internet. r3e, iR cars are nowhere jumping like this.
From my experience on the RD servers and the races I have taken part in, it is a lot to do with the server setups! On the first race just after that last server related update we had some serious flying cars on the RD server. The RD guys did some things a few times then sorted it out. Since then I have not really come across any issues

Well if it's true that next will be RC, then i would like to see the following:

Road dynamics (rubber, wear, lines etc.)
Pitstops
Fix of the hilarious AI CPU usage
Netcode stability increases across the board
Dedicated server exe with custom league options

And - A certain yellow RUF :)

We already have road dynamics....pitstops are already confirmed to NOT be included in 1.0....AI that use real time physics calculations are going to be CPU hungry; I don't see that changing much even with great optimizations......netcode stability consists more of peoples settings and personal internet quality than anything else so not sure how much better it can get; but any improvement at all is good, so let's hope!.........Not sure about the server part other than I recall them saying that there will be (all) the controls that people want when setting up a server; I thought that was going to be in the build a couple weeks ago so surely it will be in 1.0...........Yellowbird (drooling on myself now) NOT part of 1.0; I will hope for it with you if it increases our odds of getting it soon!

Some new Corvette C7 R pics:

(Source) and more info

15304569091_4f906f607b_o.jpg

15284672016_838eda0e4e_b.jpg

15304568931_054ae1794b_b.jpg

15284672216_c922ac4f55_b.jpg

15307357922_a43934b038_o.jpg

15120952589_3373b8c581_b.jpg

15307717645_3929b925e1_b.jpg

15304569221_041dbfeb8d_b.jpg

Been spending a lot of time in Assetto Corsa recently. Impressed with its stability and feel. What's there is there and works very well. MP feels very good and trying various servers I see very few issues. I am impressed too with the physics - the physics engine feels "tight" (if that makes any sense) and fully connected up. The tyre model is very good, and I'm sure there is further improvement that can be made. And it's got the cars and tracks I love. So far it does what it does extremely well. Crucially how it performs at 1.0 and beyond is critical with implementing features like pit stops for proper MP races and, hopefully one day, full 24-hour lighting changes. It may be frustrating that one or two key features of racing might be missing but the old adage that "less is more" really works here. Assetto Corsa feels coherent and firmly rooted in a very solid base upon which we hope great things will continue to emerge.

Assetto Corsa - Future Feature Roadmap Revealed

Kunos Simulazioni revealed some details on the future plans for their Assetto Corsa simulation at a press event in Vallelunga yesterday.

While Assetto Corsa still lacks some fundamental features of other racing games such as a completely dynamic time of day system, weather or pit stops, Kunos Simulazioni is cutting no corners on the simulation aspect, as many sim-specific features are currently being worked on.

That includes an improved tire model with features such as graining, blistering and flatspots. Assetto Corsa will also support some of the newest racing technology, including movable wings, hybrid KERS systems as well as various degrees of traction control.

Furthermore, the team is also working on adding a new sound engine for improved exterior sounds as well as full support for the Oculus Rift virtual reality headset.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back