2018 Realistic Wish List

What has the new year in store for Assetto Corsa? AC2 maybe?

What are your dream content wishes, mods or otherwise?

Mine are:

Goodwood Hillclimb (in progress, cannot wait)
Gran Turismo Tracks, specifically Seattle, Citti D'Aria and Deep Forest...please someone make it happen!!

What has the new year in store for Assetto Corsa? AC2 maybe?

I suspect 2018 will be a very quiet year in terms of official releases for AC. I'm not expecting any further DLC or significant features to be added. While I'm sure work has already started on AC2 I wouldn't expect it to be released next year even if an early access program was adopted..

In terms of mods I'm hoping the DTM Revival mod will be released.

I never understood all the hope behind a new Assetto Corsa.
It's a title that came out in 2013 and it's way way better now than then, like it's almost a 2.0 version.
To do a comparison, iRacing is around since 2008 and keeps improving.
iRacing have money coming in the whole time though, they have a clear way to fund those regular updates. The simple fact of the matter is Kunos need to be making money or they won't have a business. Maybe the DLC is enough to allow them to keep funding updates on AC, but even with the most die hard fans it's likely DLC purchases would fall off over time.

They've also clearly defined the limitations of the current AC engine when it comes to features like night and rain (which everyone still wants even though we more than likely won't use it that often). I think the AC user base has got wild expectations of Kunos that they'll probably never be able to satisfy (not without some form of monthly payment) but some of the race features should be implemented at some stage and if they are planning to do AC2 it's a bit of a waste of time working on them for AC1.

Kunos have an active user base hungry for more products, them being tight lipped about future content and products makes me hopeful they do have something in the works, whether it's maintaining AC, or a new version doesn't really bother me, as long as we get more, bigger, better AC.

I never understood all the hope behind a new Assetto Corsa.
It's a title that came out in 2013 and it's way way better now than then, like it's almost a 2.0 version.
To do a comparison, iRacing is around since 2008 and keeps improving.
Personally my hope is that Kunos will continue support AC, adding more official content and race options.
On the contrary, Kunos is aware of AC missing a bunch of core features that aren't possible to integrate without redoing the main engine, mainly graphics engine, multiplayer, general handling of assets (like having to leave a server for car changes etc). I doubt the physics engine Stefano build all those years will be redone, rather implemented into whatever the future brings, same with the existing cars and tracks. Kunos is not looking for a C++ programmer for no reason ;)

My wish is if assetto corsa 2 happens at some time, please maintain the easy modability to the game even if possible the posibility to upgrade ac1 mods to ac2, that would be a huge win.

Haven't seen any word about planned AC2. Plenty of life in AC1 yet maybe?
Always thought the in-game credits page is an indication for the development lifespan of AC1... "2010-2020", but who knows how things are planned/change.

Best they wait for AC1 to fade away before they do an AC2, This would also let enough time pass for their to be significant upgrades in the engine.

Otherwise the player base would probably stay with all the content in AC. (just look at the failure of rFactor 2)

Still putting my money on a historical race sim, The old time cars and tracks in AC are stunning and I'd love to see this expanded upon.

The old time cars and tracks in AC are stunning and I'd love to see this expanded upon.
Aris commented on this in the Twitch stream when talking aout the Alfa 33. He said while they all love historics more than modern cars, the general user base does not, its the new flagship cars that pull in your run of the mill customer.

AND old stuff requires a lot more work to create. For the new stuff they often enough get manufacturer CAD models and a binder full of data to work of, which you just don't have for veterans. And after the Zandvoort reactions and the mediocre appreciation of old Monza and Silverstone historic tracks are probably not high on the priority list.

I hope that Kunos spends 2018 and most of 2019 creating a worthy successor. Hopefully it will not only have everything that everybody wants, but will be the undisputed 'best' at all of it. Not very likely, but this is a wishlist thread.

Here are the things that I realistically look forward to in 2018:
Lilski's Watkins Glen mod, the DRM mod, the second half of the RSS GT1 mod, a slew of v1.0 Sim Trax mods, along with promised/announced improvements to several already released mods.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.