2018 Realistic Wish List

What has the new year in store for Assetto Corsa? AC2 maybe?

What are your dream content wishes, mods or otherwise?

Mine are:

Goodwood Hillclimb (in progress, cannot wait)
Gran Turismo Tracks, specifically Seattle, Citti D'Aria and Deep Forest...please someone make it happen!!

I would like to see AC2 developed for openVR as the prime platform with flat screen as an option. Keep the moding and add steamworks as an option to deliver the mods. Anytime of day with any type of weather.

For the engine make it support for a dedicated PPU as an option. Then I could use my 1080ti just for physics when I upgrade to what ever new gpu is out at the time. All Sims make sacrifices to physics because of hardware limits. It would be nice to have an option to use a gpu as a ppu and off load all physics to the ppu without sacrifice if you have the hardware. Like Nvidia physx did.

VRSLI support.

Totally this. I'm on a i5-4690K/GTX970, runs alright in VR with ASW, though no PP. Would be so cool to just get a second used 970 to support the CPU struggling at higher settings.
Instead, I'm looking at getting an entirely new rig if I want 90fps/PP on when racing a full grid, so I'd rather wait till next-gen VR (again) :D

My wish is for race department to remove this annoying pop up that comes on iPhone browser every few page clicks, I don’t want to win an new iPhone I don’t want Tesco vouchers, I don’t want to sign up for a dating site, I just want to stay on the race department site. Please please get rid of it!!

As for AC more of the same will do for me..

Why is it shutting down?

From Andrea Lojelo
"4 year pass by since we started with our RSR Live Timing. It's now time for us to take a break.
Costs to maintain the servers and the time required from our team to support the community (inevitably decreasing in numbers) are the main reasons for our decision to stop our service in March 2018. We would like to say a big thank you to everyone that has used our free app in those years, and make our app so popular for the wonderful simulator that we all love: Assetto Corsa."

This apps presence in AC was/is a major drawcard for alot of us..Heres hoping someone will come up with an alternative/similar system when march hits. A leaderboard/ranking system is an essential aspect AC needs to keep/implement officially. And even though the curtain is nearly closing for AMS they are adding some form of online leaderboard/ranking system soon if i recall correctly... So why not AC @kunos It would certainly add some extra longevity for AC. until the announcement/conclusion of your R&D:sneaky:

Last edited:
Firstly this post makes for an interesting read but unless everybody's inputs are consolidated and then shared with Kunos its all that it will be unfortunately,

Hint, hint to the originator of the post, would be great if you volunteered for the task Sir,

Never less I will add my 2 cents worth since I have been toying with this sim since the early days.

However my input is limited to my perspective and the way in which I use this wonderful program which is solely Single Player doing time attack and limited AI racing.

Due to available time and other interests and obligations outside of gaming this suits me best.

The most important aspect in my mind is the base program, the engine, not the individual cars and tracks (content).

I am a dumb-wit with no programming knowledge but am sure KS is hard at work with the "mechanics" of the next generation to ensure all round optimization of key aspects: graphics, environment, sound, physics, etc.

Then the second most important aspect is modding since for me this is what has helped to make AC into what it is today by growing the community through 3rd party content, some of which is just spectacular considering its done by talented individuals in their spare time..

To race on a 3rd party track like Okayama with 3rd party cars from any of the great modders out there is fantastic and these quality mods have extended the life of the base program, and I am not being funny towards KS here, ultimately it benefits them since its a mutually beneficial relationship.

And here the future AC need to expand even more to ensure the growth with add on content by the community.

Assetto Corsa should be seen as a "Operating System" for racing simulations, now there is a concept to think about Kunos....

Think about that, not just the little details but standardization of key aspects of the SIM,

I know I should not digress too much and my post is getting way too long but for years I have thought about the "Perfect Sim" taking the best of everything out there and combining it into one all round package.

Anyway, I will indulge into a wish list, see details below:

* Honda licence, you cannot have all the Japanese marques without Honda, its incomplete.
* Redo spectators, no more cardboard cut-outs - looks crap during replays.
* "Broken wrists" animation on steering to be improved with more fluid animation.
* Working dials, especially oil pressure, fuel, and temperatures . I'm not expecting the same level of detail as flight sims but you cannot have all these beautiful analog gauges doing nothing. And while we at it, sync dash clocks in old cars to sim time and make it keep time.
* Official Bathurst track - although current 3rd party track is doing a good job of filling the gap.
* Be able to select AI car skins. (maybe possible with Content Manager?).
* AI cars on grid need to shuffle around more, at the moment similar cars start next to each other (maybe possible with Content Manager?).
* Integrated Telemetry, after all this is a feature which was in Grand Prix 2 more than 20 years ago and in the great GTR sim we had Motec integration.

I can write another 5 pages of wants but like I said the main focus must be on the base program.

And although I am looking forward to Ver 2 (or whatever it will be called) it will be sad to leave the existing version with all the added content behind, but then that's the way it needs to go for the sake of progress.

Considering where AC has come from and where its now its in a great position to make a big jump and drag us all along for the next ride................

Apologies for the long post Folks, but you asked for my input,

Cheers

ET

PS: All the best for 2018 to all of you, take care

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back