2018 Formula One German Grand Prix

top ten 1.5 second spread just sad, not what I imagined well into 21st century anyway

I guess will take electric to have a real test of best driver or will Ferrari and Mercedes have better motor, regen and battery :rolleyes:

Can I make an really unpopular opinion? I love the new hockenheim design. I get the hate for tilke makeovers, most are awful, but I think new hock is 1000x better than the old. The old was practically an oval with a few chicanes, it had no place in modern racing. The new layout is tons of fun to drive and has so many great passing turns. It's definitely tilke's best work.

The problem with new hockenheim is the same problem of most modern tracks: ..too many run off areas where you can go flat out! Old tracks were much harder to master!! Although old Hockenheim wasn't my favourite, it certainly was good to show once a year how fast the cars could go and how resistant engines were.

Available sets for the race :
screen630.jpg

The problem with new hockenheim is the same problem of most modern tracks: ..too many run off areas where you can go flat out! Old tracks were much harder to master!! Although old Hockenheim wasn't my favourite, it certainly was good to show once a year how fast the cars could go and how resistant engines were.
Hockenheims runoff areas can be very mean to the car. Most of them have some obstacles build in.
As in triple rows of curbs or bumps to damage your suspension or the damage the car floor.

Just watched a catch up of the qualifying ... Can anyone explain how the many of cars were allowed to have 4 wheels off the track (Outside the white line) on the last corner? ... Kimi had a car and a half over the line on one fast lap

Wondering now if anyone will equally give Vettel grief for him expressing emotion after crashing...:rolleyes:

Lewis is back!
Others say he is a crying baby, he proved that he is not.
Many will say it’s the car though, those that can’t conceive that he has talent.

The image of Hamilton’s crashed car in China 2007 is all I can imagine right now. I personally think Mercedes should have let their drivers race, but no Ferrari fan could argue from the team that runs on the basis of team orders.

Lewis is back!
Others say he is a crying baby, he proved that he is not.
Many will say it’s the car though, those that can’t conceive that he has talent.

Oh I know they will. Seb ran an amazing race up to that point, all props to him...but Lewis kept it together on ultrasofts in the damp so I hope they’ll give him at least some small amount of credit for the win.

* So when seb's roasting for a mistake will take place? or roasting is just reserved for lulu?
* when lewis wants a swap he is pathetic but if seb wants it , then it's a logical and professional request.
* i'm sure if it was seb pushing his car to make it to the pit lane , then he would be called a passionate racer, a hero, an example of commitment ...and no talk about safety aspect of it...
* and also when Merc using team order is not a big deal but when Ferrari doing it is a conspiracy:D

not sure if we have a weak memory or we are just hypocrites :p

Last edited:
Would be nice to hear more Ferrari fans shout about Mercedes holding Bottas back.

Any idea why Max fans cheering with joy on TV
When Seb went off ? its like they won :whistling::) .. That was harsh :D

Most likely Vettel or Kimi will gets Driver of the day
here.
The only left is to rage about is Lewis not getting a penalty for the pit lane incident

Either way Lewis gets best quote of the day..

For those of you that don’t know me, now you do”. Lewis Hamilton.

Last edited:
Would be nice to hear more Ferrari fans shout about Mercedes holding Bottas back.

Most likely Vettel or Kimi will gets Driver of the day
here.

Either way Lewis gets best quote of the day..

For those of you that don’t know me, now you do”. Lewis Hamilton.

Yup...that was a mic drop moment for sure :laugh:

As to the team order for Bottas to hold back: did anyone notice that Lewis was setting the fastest laps, even though Bottas had fresher tyres? I think if the Tifosi/Lewis haters are honest, they wanted Bottas and Lewis to fight for pole just so we could have a silver-arrow flavored Baku disaster.

There was no sensible reason for them to battle for pole; Lewis was faster per lap, Merc needs the constructors points and Bottas is not in any realistic position to challenge for the WDC. It's common sense in my opinion.

would be suprised if ferrari/red bull didn't file a compalin about the hamilton pit cross incident. event notes clearly state that drivers have to stay to the right of the bollard after entering the pits, but had he entered the pits? and if not, it's still prohibited to cross the line dividing the track and pit entry. will be an interesting one :O_o:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.