2018 Formula One German Grand Prix

New Hockenheim have no flow... only the stadium. Turn 2 have no flow and Cut the 90 degrees hairpin!! But it cant never tips the old layout the longstraights.

I know you say that, and I agree it would be nice to see him back, but with the recent team form would you be happy to see him finishing almost last every race?

The couple of interviews I've seen with Robert certainly seem to give the impression that he wouldn't want to be racing the current car and finishing where it is.

Williams are trying to rebuild but obviously something has gone terribly wrong on the technical side. They will sort it (hopefully) but it will take time.

As for Stroll, I could see this coming. His Father is not going to bankroll his career to finish last all the time (doesn't matter which team it is) so a move was on the cards.

That's why I wanna see him race again, not that he's fast to win again, but Williams lacking a senior driver seems to me is a joke. Even Toro Rosso does better than them, a junior Team. I remember Bottas and Massa days where they can put up a fight. What did they loose or gain within the team cannot be seen from their finishing results if their drivers seems too "rookie" to judge as well.

So... how about Redbull's gearboxes? Seems like Max in particular has been retiring a lot because of gearbox issues, even having problems in FP2. It's a shame, too, after many crashes at the beginning of the season, his driving seemed much cleaner and I was expecting him to rack-up many points. Hope they can sort it out so that he can bring back balance to the front of the pack.

F1 to ban tyre blankets:whistling:

They have changed DRS zones at hockenheimring ?

I've read that article about tyre blankets.. I mean, it's not that worrying to tyre manufacturer's whoever wins the bid, as long as they win it. Safety concerns regarding tyre glass state when cold can be resolved easily with thin ultrasoft top coats on hard or medium compunds for example. If they want it, they can do it. Regarding this and other changes, FIA just can't decide properly these days.

I've read that article about tyre blankets.. I mean, it's not that worrying to tyre manufacturer's whoever wins the bid, as long as they win it. Safety concerns regarding tyre glass state when cold can be resolved easily with thin ultrasoft top coats on hard or medium compunds for example. If they want it, they can do it. Regarding this and other changes, FIA just can't decide properly these days.
It means Drivers wont need one casual lap to get tires up to race temperature. Its going to mean drivers have to drive with moderate speed for 5-10 laps. You can also say ban scuffs Tires run in practice or qualifying with a few laps wear. Then the cleanest set is used for start and the race, and at least. a 2nd set for a one stopper. Positions will change and fluctuate around pit stops and it will be harder to keep place on pit exit if up front.

It means Drivers wont need one casual lap to get tires up to race temperature. Its going to mean drivers have to drive with moderate speed for 5-10 laps. You can also say ban scuffs Tires run in practice or qualifying with a few laps wear. Then the cleanest set is used for start and the race, and at least. a 2nd set for a one stopper. Positions will change and fluctuate around pit stops and it will be harder to keep place on pit exit if up front.

yes correct, but that also belongs to the same safety topic, in which they still want to address somehow. Being a tad slower is a given implementing that rule. But how slow can that be is still up in the air. At least they should know that cars can't be that slower that it becomes a hazard on track. How slow can a sitting duck be in racing situation? I mean, yeah... FIA... Passing a car, changing position should happen because one car is faster and superior, not because they slowed down the other one.

catch 22 just wanting to change something

Can I make an really unpopular opinion? I love the new hockenheim design. I get the hate for tilke makeovers, most are awful, but I think new hock is 1000x better than the old. The old was practically an oval with a few chicanes, it had no place in modern racing. The new layout is tons of fun to drive and has so many great passing turns. It's definitely tilke's best work.

Qualy...
upload_2018-7-21_15-42-24.gif

Here's my 50 cents:

Max crashes draging Kimmi and Bottas out on the first lap

Haas with double DNF half way through

Ricciardo 3rd, Hamilton 2nd and Vettel leads the race to the finish line.

Mercedes losing five tenths to Ferrari on the straights - Wolff:
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/mercedes-ferrari-half-second-straightline-gap-wolff-1062491/

It seems some "interesting" theories are growing at Mercedes:

"It’s not expected, but in F1 you need to expect everything, and we need to find out how we can increase our power output, and not one single second I want to look at Ferrari, I want to look at ourselves, look at Mercedes and say: 'Is there anything we have missed?'

The legality of Ferrari’s hybrid system has been the subject of considerable debate, and F1 race director Charlie Whiting and other FIA representatives visited the Mercedes motorhome today to discuss power unit issues.

Asked about the meeting, Wolff said: “The exchange you’re having with the FIA and some of the other teams, or engine manufacturers, is on a regular basis.

"It’s more visible if you do it on a weekend, on track, in the motorhome, but it’s completely regular business to discuss various technical topics.”

Should we expect a radical regulation change in the next years with the start of a new PU era, like in 2014?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.