2018 Formula One Austrian Grand Prix

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/red-bull-reveals-tactic-that-helped-verstappen-win-1054411/

One just have to wonder... :whistling:
why couldn't a team tell the other driver about that same trick ? One driver is using it, so don't you want as a team safe 1-2 ?? Or you want that your other driver have to go for new tires and drop THREE places ?
Another favoritism of one driver ?
Nah... they just been caught off guard. Like Merc with Ham. :rolleyes:
But after that
"just let him go mate", "NO!", "okie doki, never mind, do it your way;)"
beautiful team love story.... who knows. :x3:
Dan, I really hope hope you have some other options... srcew this (biased) crew.
Anything ...but McLaren. :geek:
It was Verstappen himself that found this ‘trick’ and I think Max has proved in other races he is able to manage his tires better. The article does not tell if Ricciardo was not told about this trick. I think when the team found out how Max was doing this, it was already too late for Daniel. Daniel just asked too much from his tires directly after his first pitstop and Max told us in interviews after the race, he was careful with his tires directly after his 1st pitstop (every driver should know this). And also Max driving in front, mostly in ‘clean air’, helped his tires a lot. Daniel tires took a bigger hit, because he was driving in ‘dirty air’.

And about this ‘tow’ and Max saying NO, that has been explained in several interviews as well. It is an agreement between both drivers and the team, and Daniel was the one who wanted to break this agreement. This has nothing to do with the team favoring Max over Daniel. Next race the sutuation will be reversed.

I hope Daniel stays with RB, since I think Max and Daniel bring out the best in each other. Both are great drivers and could be future WC’s at RB. But all will depend on future engines.

I hope Daniel stay by the team. Nice personality and with Max good friendship together and true the bring the best out together. Best duo at the moment in F1

Make no mistake...
I got nothing to take away from Max drive this weekend, great and very mature performance, very fast but still smooth and patient... he was truly on top of the game in sunday !
Ok, I prefer Daniel, his personality and that eternal grin but... we all have own favorites after all.

But, really... that "MAX VILLAGE" ??! :confused::alien:
That truly exist... I mean... in reality, not just in someone's head ? :D
Even Vettel was stunned on post race press conference "you have a village here?"
f1-austrian-gp-2018-race-winner-max-verstappen-red-bull-racing-second-place-kimi-raikkonen-8609738.jpg

omg... :roflmao:

Sebastian is more of my kind of man. Here's why.

Q: (Peter Vamosi – Racingline.hu) Sebastian, you are the only driver on the internet who has not a social media account, Twitter, Facebook, whatever. Even Kimi has Instagram now this year and he’s doing very well. Why are you not present on the internet?

SV: I rather spend my time on something useful. It’s a shame that I lost Kimi. It was nice to be alongside. I don’t know what happened. I don’t blame anybody, people are free to do what they want. It’s just not my thing, I don’t have the need to share. If there’s anybody who has a question, obviously ask but I don’t find great motivation in telling people where I go, what I do. I find it’s quite boring so yeah, it’s not my thing.

Even Kimi sold his soul to Instagram ! :roflmao: But not Vettel. :cool: Yet.

• Deleted member 205301

Sebastian is more of my kind of man.
100% agree on this point , it makes him closer to an "old good day" driver... No bling-bling with him, no jet-set, He's a guy who protects his family, and focused 100% on his sport...
...Sometimes it amazes me to see how Hamilton is, and without beeing disturbing : great to see so diferent characters on the grid :)
@++
PS : now 78 votes for verstappen^^

Maybe is difficult for you to accept that Max won the race
You can just say it. Dont worry ;)

Already said congrats to Max, however Daniel provided for him to win.
Something I doubt Max would do for Ric.
Daniel could have pitted as soon as the tyres started failing but no. He risked a puncture in order to slow down Ferrari and Mercedes.
Just face it. Redbull was slower and got away with the rival teams strategy mistakes. Daniel saved the day again for the Bulls

Last edited:
Yes overtaking Ferrari and making dangerous contact yet again. Watch kimmi being sandwished in the first corner and learn how to keep your racing line and your sport mates safe.

Yes overtaking Ferrari and making dangerous contact yet again. Watch kimmi being sandwished in the first corner and learn how to keep your racing line and your sport mates safe.
Brundle: These moves by Max, are moves of a Champ! So again you don't understand racing!:sneaky:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.