2017 Ferrari SF70H Coming to Assetto Corsa

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Ferrari SF70H.jpg

Following the recent poll to choose the final car in the upcoming 'Ferrari 70th Anniversary' DLC, Kunos have confirmed the new machine will be.... the 2017 Formula One car!

With the votes in and counted, the results checked and double checked, the final car from the upcoming Ferrari DLC has been confirmed as the machine raced by Sebastian Vettel and Kimi Raikkonen in the 2017 Formula One World Championship.

With one of Ferraris most successful Formula One cars in recent years, the SF70H has proven to be the most desirable car in a list of fantastic vehicles selected by Kunos Simulazioni, and as such will be added to the DLC line up due to release later this year for Assetto Corsa.

Could it be that we might have the 2017 WDC winning machine in AC before the end of the year, or will the works Ferrari squad find a way to throw away this years title challenge?

The Ferrari 70th Anniversary DLC will contain:
  • 1962 250 GTO
  • 1967 330 P4
  • 1967 312/67
  • 1984 288 GTO
  • 2004 F2004
  • 2017 812 Superfast
  • Ferrari SF70H
The vote setup by Kunos pulled in over 30,000 responses before close of play yesterday, and not unsurprisingly the 2017 SF70H F1 car pulled in a substantial amount of votes more than second placed finisher, the 1970 512M. With 15.39% for the 2017 car in comparison to 11.41% for the 512M, it was always going to come down to the two "key" vehicles as voted for by the community.

You can see the full vote results below:
Ferrari Poll Assetto Corsa.png

Assetto Corsa is a racing simulation from Kunos Simulazioni available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.

Assetto Corsa and online racing = Love! Check out our brilliant Assetto Corsa League and Club racing forum for great racing events suitable for all skills and experiences. We host regular events using popular content and guarantee a great time for all. Additionally we have a very active sub forum for the game where players can catch up on the latest news and engage with fellow community members here at RD. You can download mods from our modding archive, discuss W.I.P projects in our Modding Discussion Forum and try out a selection of car setups for a wide range of vehicles. Come on, get yourself involved in the action today!

Happy to see an official 2017 Formula One car coming to AC? Looking forward to the Ferrari pack? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
The last thing AC needed at this point was another terrible road car or a car that should've been added as a free update in the first place.
"Should've been free" huh. Shoot me a message, I can use someone working for free. Since you apparently think the developer's work doesn't deserve compensation you shouldn't have issues with that.

multiplayer in AC is a joke to begin with.
Is it...

This community. :rolleyes::coffee:

BY looking at these comments its clear that the multiplayer community is in fact a small part of the picture .. I agree that the MP servers putting this car up after release will be crammed for a week or 2 .. ..but the fact you only have this one car to race vrs it's self I think it will be short lived .. I do understand the console guys not being able to get mods needed/wanted a modern F1 car and now they have it ! a complex and modern work of art ! but not so much for the PC MP community (who are populating this thread) who would rather have a grid of mixed same class cars to race with ..
This is a constant with AC, lots of single class solo cars ,I know it cost $$ the get license's .but this game seems to be a pretty good cash cow for the kunos guys .. and for that I'm happy as this will result in them continuing to deliver but it would be nice if this F1 car had something to race with ...:rolleyes:
I think the car is a fantastic piece of machinery ! the voters made there choices and I'm neither happy or sad about it .. I will probably try the car for a lap or 2 then park it with all the other un used cars in AC I have purchased and I'm fine with that ..its my choice and others have there choice's .. Just wait and you will see the sea of red when there are 24 exact same F1's on the grid !! But look fast because after T1 there will be 5 or 6 left from the carnage ..lol

If this vote proved one thing it shows we are a small part of the picture here in our little RD world :D

It's not a matter of being ungrateful. I will buy the DLC for sure.

But with such a golden opportunity to have some fantastic cars... like for example, to align again the MC12 with the 550/575.

The guys who voted for the F1 car are the same that ask for one in every single game...even in flying simulators.

The truth is, this F1 2017 will be amazing to drive, and to have such an official content is a blast. In fact, everything Kunos releases is a must have, even if it's not your favorite choice at the moment. Any how, all these car's will eventually be available, so no need to stress too much about it. Yes, I voted for the 512m, but I always got so much curious to try the F1 2017 paid mod that made such a success recently, and now I'll be able to try it out through an official content.

Not much of a fan of historic cars, nor openwheelers, nor ferrari's. There's no track coming with it and it ll be another bunch of cars with no friends to race against (if I read this comments correctly) so not much online value.
I gladly let this dlcpack go by then. Hopefully the next one will be sthing like another jappack and hopefully not another porsche or one brand pack or so...

I posted this in the official forums, and I'm going to post it here as well..
Why is there such elitism in this community ? Why is everyone (some more, some less) implying that a F1 car is automatically a dumb choice

At least in my case it's not elitism, it's practicality. The AI doesn't use the hybrid controls and this car has no competitors in the game so there's not much point in racing it offline. If the SF15 is anything to go by, almost nobody will race the SF70 in multiplayer and even if they did the hybrid controls will likely create a big gap in talent/skill, so there's not much point in racing online. So, it's basically only going to be good for hot-lapping, and we already have the SF15 for that.

In my opinion the SF70 just doesn't really fit into this sim and has no practical purpose for being included, and that's the only reason I'm disappointed in the outcome. If any of the other cars would have won I would have been satisfied and enjoyed the car, the modern F1 is the only one I would have been disappointed in and I highly doubt I'll drive it more than once or twice.

Just my opinion of course, but this is why I'm disappointed with the outcome (not because the car I voted for didn't win).

Hey. I will quote myself in here...

They should open the poll again, but this time only the SF-70H and the 512. (the two most-voted)

Guess, who would win...

I took the official results and did a little summary:

All F1 cars (historic + modern):
27,07 % in total / 6 cars in total / 4,5117 % per car in total

All GT / Prototype cars (historic + modern):
29,13 % in total / 6 cars in total / 4,855 % per car in total

All road cars (historic + modern):
42,89 % in total / 10 cars in total / 4,289 % per car in total

Regarding the high percentage, most people are into Roadcars. Whilst in the average % the GT / Prototype-fraction is obviously the biggest. The F1 have no to little chance against that. But they won.

There are only a few reasons for that... I'm pretty sure, despite a few guys, the die-hard-fraction for F1 wouldn't vote for the modern F1 car, when they have the possibility to chose the '91 or the '79 cars. This can't be the reason, regarding there's a modern F1-car in the game already.

So where did the votes come from? 2 reasons.
First (more realistic) one:
Buyed votes. It is very easy to get a network vote for your choice by paying them. Even a 13-years-old can do that. This recently became very common in onlinevotings. Online "Band-Votings" for highly regarded Opener-spots for topacts are really suffering from this as well. (Personal experience... :( )
Second one:
Well, they were mentioned before... Kiddies. They voted for the F1 car, because it's the fastest one, and they wanna be the "cool guys".

But it's no use.

The SF-70H (surely a great car anyway) will be a shopkeeper. I highly doubt if there would be an real interest for that car in onlinelobbys.

EDIT:
Still, there are 2 cars, which have an opponent. The Ferrari 312 will have the Lotus 49 as an opponent and the 330/P4 for the Porsche 908 and Ford GT40. BUT: In both cases, there will be 1 / 2 cars with a heavy dismatch for performance to each other. The 512 would have been a totaly perfect opponent for my little waifu, the 917/K.

Last edited:
We can take great satisfaction that the 512M came second by a margin. The fact so many agreed on it means we have a good solid fanbase. It's only a matter of time it is created by one of our great modders. Happy days.
I guess .. not into car mods too much. Its fine, there is too many cars I haven`t driven in AC anyway :) .. for openwhellers I`ll stick with Reiza ... unless you like to fiddle with all those ECU, hybrid features its just better (2017 F1 is fun there I must admint).
And there were few nice pieces in that ferrari DLC already :)

Some people really should get a life and stop complaining about the winner or because of the fact that their choice did not win.
Did you look at the list of cars released here? These are great cars. It does also not mean that the other cars won't be in a future DLC.
Kunos is a company first of all. Companies need money. F1 = Lots of money involved. F1 in Assetto Corsa = Money they want for their licences and future content.

I am satisfied with the RSS Mod but i will take an official F1 car gladly. Especially the newest Ferrari F1 car and the F2004 which are unbelievable fast and hopefully nice to drive in this game.
Also loads of other great cars in this DLC. Really looking forward to it. (i did not vote by the way)

Some people really should get a life and stop complaining about the winner or because of the fact that their choice did not win.
Did you look at the list of cars released here? These are great cars. It does also not mean that the other cars won't be in a future DLC.
Kunos is a company first of all. Companies need money. F1 = Lots of money involved. F1 in Assetto Corsa = Money they want for their licences and future content.

So, you implement that Kunos eventually manipulated by themselfes the vote to get the (imho unnessecary) second modern F1 car? Just to make money?

No i do not imply anything. What are you talking about?
Kunos surely knows that F1 cars will gain lots of attention in a modern Sim. People might just buy the game/DLC SOLELY for that.
Thats why they thought it might be a good idea to get the SF70-H in the poll and see if people really want it. Turns out it won the poll.

And it won the poll by an absolute margin. Whilst a real fun F1 car, the 641 had only 3,9 %. Also, the margin between second place and third place is ~ 1 %. And almost EVERYONE in any community is at least surprised, mostly dissappointed. There's something wrong there.

... almost EVERYONE in any community is at least surprised, mostly dissappointed. There's something wrong there.

Noticed that as well, there's just so many 512 votes and comments that it makes you wonder. I too voted for it. Also, not many cheer getting the F1. Anyhow, it could all be the majority not taking part in forums and other means and just looking to get a fast car unknowingly

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea