2017 Ferrari SF70H Coming to Assetto Corsa

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Ferrari SF70H.jpg

Following the recent poll to choose the final car in the upcoming 'Ferrari 70th Anniversary' DLC, Kunos have confirmed the new machine will be.... the 2017 Formula One car!

With the votes in and counted, the results checked and double checked, the final car from the upcoming Ferrari DLC has been confirmed as the machine raced by Sebastian Vettel and Kimi Raikkonen in the 2017 Formula One World Championship.

With one of Ferraris most successful Formula One cars in recent years, the SF70H has proven to be the most desirable car in a list of fantastic vehicles selected by Kunos Simulazioni, and as such will be added to the DLC line up due to release later this year for Assetto Corsa.

Could it be that we might have the 2017 WDC winning machine in AC before the end of the year, or will the works Ferrari squad find a way to throw away this years title challenge?

The Ferrari 70th Anniversary DLC will contain:
  • 1962 250 GTO
  • 1967 330 P4
  • 1967 312/67
  • 1984 288 GTO
  • 2004 F2004
  • 2017 812 Superfast
  • Ferrari SF70H
The vote setup by Kunos pulled in over 30,000 responses before close of play yesterday, and not unsurprisingly the 2017 SF70H F1 car pulled in a substantial amount of votes more than second placed finisher, the 1970 512M. With 15.39% for the 2017 car in comparison to 11.41% for the 512M, it was always going to come down to the two "key" vehicles as voted for by the community.

You can see the full vote results below:
Ferrari Poll Assetto Corsa.png

Assetto Corsa is a racing simulation from Kunos Simulazioni available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.

Assetto Corsa and online racing = Love! Check out our brilliant Assetto Corsa League and Club racing forum for great racing events suitable for all skills and experiences. We host regular events using popular content and guarantee a great time for all. Additionally we have a very active sub forum for the game where players can catch up on the latest news and engage with fellow community members here at RD. You can download mods from our modding archive, discuss W.I.P projects in our Modding Discussion Forum and try out a selection of car setups for a wide range of vehicles. Come on, get yourself involved in the action today!

Happy to see an official 2017 Formula One car coming to AC? Looking forward to the Ferrari pack? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
The Problem is not, that many don`t like F1 cars... but many don`t like this modern ones...

I think, each of us unhappy ones, who mostly like voted for the 512 oder 575, don`t like this modern vacuum cleaners with their digital way of driving (no throttle or full throttle hit the brakes at the 50m sign...).They are fast, but have no sound and there is no challange to drive it. One of the 80es V12 or turbo beasts would have been welcomed with open arms, cause they sound and look much better and driving them is riding on the knifes edge - that´s the way it`s meant to be

The 512 is more usefull for racing.. and he has all what the SF70 is lacking so badly: awesome V12 sound and now little electronic helpers, no aero to help you out- you have to keep it on the road simply by driving it with your brain. The whole new F1 has three problems: drivers, cars and tracks.

In the 50es to end 80es: cars that challenge with drivers of just another kind, as they are today. There were no whiners, no crybabys, no Uncle- Niki-help- me- they- don´t-let-me-win boys. There were real ones driving and putting their lives on the line, each time they use one of the cars and the tracks that tried to kill them by the slightest mistake they make - these men earned the respect, that they still have. They are legends just as their cars and the tracks they drove on.

Andf yes in the pack there is a F1 I am so happy to see. The 312/67! Driving it on a historic track is a thrill.

I don't agree with some people saying that because the winning car took 15% then it's normal to have so many complaining as it is the rest 85%.
Personally I went for the f50 but I had no problem if the 512 would won which is not the case with the hybrid Hoover.
And I believe that this is what happens with the most of people whose vote was shared among the rest of cars.
Personally I am grateful kunos that gave me the opportunity to decide for the content but I will express my feelings that I am depressed for the outcome but it is just one car among the superb collection of others.

Because the F1 (official and mods) cars are ALL terrible to drive. The 917/K is a real pearl, if you know, how to drive. But it has no opponent, that's why nobody has an lobby with that. F1-Cars... Even if you set it up to the max, they'll understeer the sh*t out of you. This won't get better with the SF-70H. It will understeer as hell. And the most worst part of it: It will not be implemented in the simulation properly. You'll have more things, you can setup whilst driving, then it would be in the game.

Because the F1 (official and mods) cars are ALL terrible to drive. The 917/K is a real pearl, if you know, how to drive. But it has no opponent, that's why nobody has an lobby with that. F1-Cars... Even if you set it up to the max, they'll understeer the sh*t out of you. This won't get better with the SF-70H. It will understeer as hell. And the most worst part of it: It will not be implemented in the simulation properly. You'll have more things, you can setup whilst driving, then it would be in the game.

Whats the core message of your statement related to the poll of Kunos?

Les ein bisschen weiter nach oben, dann weißt du, warauf ich antworte. ;)
I already have but I still don't get it. Sorry. ;)
You try to explain the reason why nobody will drive the winning car. Right? But your reasons make no sense. Why the hell it is impossible to race with one class cars? Why all cars need a direct opponent?
How are Cup series are able to survive? Why F1 cars are the worstest cars to drive?
To many WHY's :cautious:

Last edited:
Yup... And the same goes for the YT-Gamers with full assists, follower-cam and fastlane... I bet, these guys ALL voted for the SF-70H. That would be another reason.
I think now I get you:
Oh **** my car of choise don't win :mad: Mi Mi Mi Mi Mi :cry: Now I've to go out and tell everybody: You're wrong in your decision :confused:

BTW: Also my favorite car don't get the win ;)

Last edited:

What hell are you saying? The 917k is a pure hell understeery car.

Some F1 cars are oversteering, probably we will see this on F2004, Schumacher always prefered cars with some oversteer.

And if you have some problems with understeer on F1 cars on Assetto Corsa, is because default setups have too many aero angle on the rear. Just remove some rear aero and you have a more balanced car.

Do you honestly think Kunos are gonna test drive the 2017 car for hours on end to get it just right?

I mean, judging by every single car they have made in the past... this is exactly what they'll do...

How you can think they will just create a 3d model, slap some physics on in a days time, and throw on the first sounds they come up with is mind boggling.

Unless you are saying that they can only create a good car by driving it for countless hrs in the real world. In which case... lol? Your RSS mod hasnt had a single second of real life driving time, yet you like it.

At least in my case it's not elitism, it's practicality. The AI doesn't use the hybrid controls and this car has no competitors in the game so there's not much point in racing it offline. If the SF15 is anything to go by, almost nobody will race the SF70 in multiplayer and even if they did the hybrid controls will likely create a big gap in talent/skill, so there's not much point in racing online. So, it's basically only going to be good for hot-lapping, and we already have the SF15 for that.

In my opinion the SF70 just doesn't really fit into this sim and has no practical purpose for being included, and that's the only reason I'm disappointed in the outcome. If any of the other cars would have won I would have been satisfied and enjoyed the car, the modern F1 is the only one I would have been disappointed in and I highly doubt I'll drive it more than once or twice.

Just my opinion of course, but this is why I'm disappointed with the outcome (not because the car I voted for didn't win).
This is a valid point and I agree that it doesn't have competitors/it will be used mostly for hotlapping, apart from leagues it probably won't be used in MP.
On the other hand many people might still enjoy all of this, and will find the car completely different to the sf15. Anyway I didn't want to convince everyone that the SF70 is "the car to vote for", just to understand and respect the ones who think so.. also considering competitors/usability in MP the obvious choice would have been the GTE imho, which people seem to dislike as well.
(Vintage cars, to be honest, are as used as F1 cars online... not saying it's necessarily a good thing, but it is what it is)

To the guy saying that modern cars are easy and older are more "masculine"..that's the kind of elitism that I despise, plus watching the onboards it seems that when pushed hard these cars are anything but easy, even less than older ones actually.

If people want to drive a F1 car they should buy Codemasters F1. You get their the whole 2017 season. But why should you vote in a GT and road car biased game for a single F1 car? AC doesnt even have the special tracks (Monaco, Singapur, Baku, ...) which make F1 atleast a little exciting to watch. It just doesnt make any sense to me. In my opinion it shouldnt even had been votable cause we all know that F1 has the biggest community (even though other motorsports are getting bigger and bigger aswell) and people not even owning the game had also been able to vote.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 218 88.3%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 44 17.8%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 35 14.2%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 37 15.0%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 67 27.1%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 83 33.6%