2017 Ferrari SF70H Coming to Assetto Corsa

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Ferrari SF70H.jpg

Following the recent poll to choose the final car in the upcoming 'Ferrari 70th Anniversary' DLC, Kunos have confirmed the new machine will be.... the 2017 Formula One car!

With the votes in and counted, the results checked and double checked, the final car from the upcoming Ferrari DLC has been confirmed as the machine raced by Sebastian Vettel and Kimi Raikkonen in the 2017 Formula One World Championship.

With one of Ferraris most successful Formula One cars in recent years, the SF70H has proven to be the most desirable car in a list of fantastic vehicles selected by Kunos Simulazioni, and as such will be added to the DLC line up due to release later this year for Assetto Corsa.

Could it be that we might have the 2017 WDC winning machine in AC before the end of the year, or will the works Ferrari squad find a way to throw away this years title challenge?

The Ferrari 70th Anniversary DLC will contain:
  • 1962 250 GTO
  • 1967 330 P4
  • 1967 312/67
  • 1984 288 GTO
  • 2004 F2004
  • 2017 812 Superfast
  • Ferrari SF70H
The vote setup by Kunos pulled in over 30,000 responses before close of play yesterday, and not unsurprisingly the 2017 SF70H F1 car pulled in a substantial amount of votes more than second placed finisher, the 1970 512M. With 15.39% for the 2017 car in comparison to 11.41% for the 512M, it was always going to come down to the two "key" vehicles as voted for by the community.

You can see the full vote results below:
Ferrari Poll Assetto Corsa.png

Assetto Corsa is a racing simulation from Kunos Simulazioni available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.

Assetto Corsa and online racing = Love! Check out our brilliant Assetto Corsa League and Club racing forum for great racing events suitable for all skills and experiences. We host regular events using popular content and guarantee a great time for all. Additionally we have a very active sub forum for the game where players can catch up on the latest news and engage with fellow community members here at RD. You can download mods from our modding archive, discuss W.I.P projects in our Modding Discussion Forum and try out a selection of car setups for a wide range of vehicles. Come on, get yourself involved in the action today!

Happy to see an official 2017 Formula One car coming to AC? Looking forward to the Ferrari pack? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Oh I am not. Driving the car and having telemetry and actual data are two very different things. The official Kunos cars are based on the data from the manufacturer. If a car is available to be tested, Aris takes it out for a spin. But the car is still based on manufacturer data.

Mods are usually not based on manufacturer data, but videos, feels, predictions, experience and opinions of the creators. They might be spot on, they might be totally wrong.

Have you driven the RSS car? I suspect you have not.

I was upset that the 512 did not win, But at the end of the day we are getting the current Title challenging Ferrari F1 car... Whilst I like the fact Kunos have the F1 cars in the game I feel that either in another pack or future game they need to flesh some classes out... MC12 was great news. But with no DBR9, Corvette or even the Lambo GT1 it does not have anything to race against. The 917 as so many other people have already mentioned. It has taken nearly 4 years to get a challenger to the Lotus 49. GT40 is gonna get the 330 and the Cobra will get the GTO, Whilst these are minor steps they are at least in the right direction. Nonetheless it is a solid pack of cars, Look forward to the 812. Whilst its the obligatory manufacture car in the pack its a lovely looking car.

But you are happy it is now the new Ferrari car we will have?
uhy.gif
Yes. I even voted for it as I said. However good a fictional mod is, the real deal is a real deal. I am Ferrari fan and F1 fan since... ever. My first memories are F1 related even. It was no question for me what I should vote on. My second choice would have been the 550 GTS, which I voted for in the leaked poll.

Credit to Kunos for at least giving the community a chance to vote for a car, instead of just picking something random that nobody would've wanted. I feel like there would've been less hate if they announced all the cars from the beginning with something like the 360 Modena, or 458 Challenge (judging from the poll, nobody really wanted those) already added in the pack, instead of giving us a chance to vote. Now you have a situation where all the butthurt keyboard warriors who didn't get the car they wanted, come on a forum and complain non-stop, instead of being grateful that you actually had the chance to vote.

Another F1 car? How exciting! :thumbsup: :rolleyes:
Thankfully there are some amazing cars in the upcoming pack to make up for this needless pile of boollsh!t, but it can never heal the sting of not getting the 512.
The people who voted for the SF70H don't actually love cars.

The problem with polls is that the popular vote wins, not the considered vote.
The most popular car in 2017 is the 2017 car. We see it on every website all the time, we can't ignore it, that car is in our face all the time.

The considered vote would not pick the popular car, because it is not the best car. It is just the most popular car.

But not the best car.

I could talk about American politics, but I won't ;-).

What exactly do you mean by "considered vote"? Try as you might, you can't quantify the thought process behind why someone votes for what. That defeats the purpose of a vote in the first place.

For me any car on the list would be welcome except the winner, not for being a bad car but for being very similar to one already present in the case the SF15T but democracy is that. I don't believe that the disappointment (mine too) of the peoples was in their choice not to be present but because the winner was as i mentioned a car that will be very similar to a present already, maybe there was a lack of "feeling" in this sense to those who voted in SF70H. This vote may mean that Kunos will never do something similar to giving the community a choice. Not even Kunos i believe would insert this car if they didn't give the voting power, but ......

For me any car on the list would be welcome except the winner, not for being a bad car but for being very similar to one already present in the case the SF15T but democracy is that. I don't believe that the disappointment (mine too) of the peoples was in their choice not to be present but because the winner was as i mentioned a car that will be very similar to a present already, maybe there was a lack of "feeling" in this sense to those who voted in SF70H. This vote may mean that Kunos will never do something similar to giving the community a choice. Not even Kunos i believe would insert this car if they didn't give the voting power, but ......
Even though I too am disappointed by the result, I still think the vote was a great idea to get the community involved. KS have pretty thick skin, they will have expected and can handle some unhappy people complaining that their favorite car didn't win. Heck, even when KS gives away free cars, the community still complains. Seems like having high expectations is just a part of who we are... :p

What exactly do you mean by "considered vote"? Try as you might, you can't quantify the thought process behind why someone votes for what. That defeats the purpose of a vote in the first place.

A considered vote is one where the voter takes a lot of time to consider all the options available, analyses each one by one and forecasts the outcome of each. Then they vote for the one will give the best results for them. This is how a democracy should work.

The populist voter picks the one that everyone is voting for, surfs the wave and doesn't consider the future effects. By voting for what everyone else has, they are not to blame for anything that goes wrong, because they couldn't have changed the outcome anyway. They also celebrate everything that appears to go well. Populist politics is very dangerous. As everyone only wants good news, that is only what is given out. However, being a great politician/president is about making UNPOPULAR decisions for the good of the people, even at the expense of your position.

Populist politics leads to impossible promises: huge tax cuts + better healthcare. You get the picture.

Social media has amplified populist voting x1,000,000.

Getting back to Assetto Corsa, your average voter here would scan the list and spot 2017 Ferrari (the only one they instantly recognise) and click that one.

Populist voting.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 342 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 230 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 230 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 174 7.9%