2017 Ferrari SF70H Coming to Assetto Corsa

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Ferrari SF70H.jpg

Following the recent poll to choose the final car in the upcoming 'Ferrari 70th Anniversary' DLC, Kunos have confirmed the new machine will be.... the 2017 Formula One car!

With the votes in and counted, the results checked and double checked, the final car from the upcoming Ferrari DLC has been confirmed as the machine raced by Sebastian Vettel and Kimi Raikkonen in the 2017 Formula One World Championship.

With one of Ferraris most successful Formula One cars in recent years, the SF70H has proven to be the most desirable car in a list of fantastic vehicles selected by Kunos Simulazioni, and as such will be added to the DLC line up due to release later this year for Assetto Corsa.

Could it be that we might have the 2017 WDC winning machine in AC before the end of the year, or will the works Ferrari squad find a way to throw away this years title challenge?

The Ferrari 70th Anniversary DLC will contain:
  • 1962 250 GTO
  • 1967 330 P4
  • 1967 312/67
  • 1984 288 GTO
  • 2004 F2004
  • 2017 812 Superfast
  • Ferrari SF70H
The vote setup by Kunos pulled in over 30,000 responses before close of play yesterday, and not unsurprisingly the 2017 SF70H F1 car pulled in a substantial amount of votes more than second placed finisher, the 1970 512M. With 15.39% for the 2017 car in comparison to 11.41% for the 512M, it was always going to come down to the two "key" vehicles as voted for by the community.

You can see the full vote results below:
Ferrari Poll Assetto Corsa.png

Assetto Corsa is a racing simulation from Kunos Simulazioni available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.

Assetto Corsa and online racing = Love! Check out our brilliant Assetto Corsa League and Club racing forum for great racing events suitable for all skills and experiences. We host regular events using popular content and guarantee a great time for all. Additionally we have a very active sub forum for the game where players can catch up on the latest news and engage with fellow community members here at RD. You can download mods from our modding archive, discuss W.I.P projects in our Modding Discussion Forum and try out a selection of car setups for a wide range of vehicles. Come on, get yourself involved in the action today!

Happy to see an official 2017 Formula One car coming to AC? Looking forward to the Ferrari pack? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
What a shame ! Another F1 car, couldn't understand this choice ! I will certainly buy this DLC but i know what i will do with this F1 car : try it once and loose it. There is no other F1 2007 car so, impossible to create a realistic race. The 512M have the 917k, the 488GTE, all the GTE cars and the Testarossa have the countach to fight against.

Totally disapointed !
I love the others cars included in this DLC but not this one !

A considered vote is one where the voter takes a lot of time to consider all the options available, analyses each one by one and forecasts the outcome of each. Then they vote for the one will give the best results for them. This is how a democracy should work.

The populist voter picks the one that everyone is voting for, surfs the wave and doesn't consider the future effects. By voting for what everyone else has, they are not to blame for anything that goes wrong, because they couldn't have changed the outcome anyway. They also celebrate everything that appears to go well. Populist politics is very dangerous. As everyone only wants good news, that is only what is given out. However, being a great politician/president is about making UNPOPULAR decisions for the good of the people, even at the expense of your position.

Populist politics leads to impossible promises: huge tax cuts + better healthcare. You get the picture.

Social media has amplified populist voting x1,000,000.

Getting back to Assetto Corsa, your average voter here would scan the list and spot 2017 Ferrari (the only one they instantly recognise) and click that one.

Populist voting.

Got it, well said.
Well, the "majority" got what they wanted, and that's a hard fact to argue with. I'm not particularly invested in Ferrari and this vote; I'm just trying to rationalize everyone's frustration with mild success. Carry on. :p

Holy sh*t! I did not expect the 512M to be so high on the list. I voted for it.

Either that, or most voters confused it with the road legal 512M from the 90's... regardless, that gives me hope about the 512M being brought to AC someday. The 917K needs a friend.

The current F1 car winning the poll does not surprise me, you just cannot fight mainstream. Still, there are a couple of interesting pieces coming along in this pack. The 330 P4 better be the coupe variant... I like all its versions but the coupe is the prettiest one.

The problem with polls is that the popular vote wins, not the considered vote.
The most popular car in 2017 is the 2017 car. We see it on every website all the time, we can't ignore it, that car is in our face all the time.

The considered vote would not pick the popular car, because it is not the best car. It is just the most popular car.

But not the best car.

I could talk about American politics, but I won't ;-).
Yes, I see Ferrari F1 car on the streets everyday...Are You serious with this what have You'we written?

I posted this in the official forums, and I'm going to post it here as well..
Why is there such elitism in this community ? Why is everyone (some more, some less) implying that a F1 car is automatically a dumb choice or that hystoric cars = "I'm a true cars' lover" ? Just because you don't share the same idea of others this doesn't make make you any better than them, especially in a case like this one.
I'm personally very curious about driving such a fast and awesome car, and I'd love people to respect this just like I respect people who enjoy older cars, without thinking to be better than them because of this.
(BTW I didn't even vote for the SF70, I just find some of the comments pretty annoying, everyone enjoys different type of cars, and this doesn't separate the community into "elite and super smart people" and "dumb mass", just people who have fun driving a variety of different machines!)

Yes, I see Ferrari F1 car on the streets everyday...Are You serious with this what have You'we written?

It makes perfect sense. Popular as in people know about it and it's most commonly spoken about, not as in it literally exists everywhere. It's more memorable (currently) than other cars because it's active right now, so people talk about it more often.

Why is there such elitism in this community ? Why is everyone (some more, some less) implying that a F1 car is automatically a dumb choice or that hystoric cars = "I'm a true cars' lover" ? Just because you don't share the same idea of others this doesn't make make you any better than them, especially in a case like this one.
I'm personally very curious about driving such a fast and awesome car, and I'd love people to respect this just like I respect people who enjoy older cars, without thinking to be better than them because of this.
(BTW I didn't even vote for the SF70, I just find some of the comments pretty annoying, everyone enjoys different type of cars, and this doesn't separate the community into "elite people" and "dumb mass", just people who have fun driving a variety of different machines!)

YES. This exactly.

(BTW I didn't even vote for the SF70, I just find some of the comments pretty annoying, everyone enjoys different type of cars, and this doesn't separate the community into "elite and super smart people" and "dumb mass", just people who have fun driving a variety of different machines!)

Well said:thumbsup:

I find the ultra modern F1 cars a pain because it means having to completely change the buttons on my wheel just for one (or perhaps two) cars. I dont have enough buttons for all that hybrid garbage. I dont want to juggle KERS modes or use DRS, just give me an engine, brakes and steering wheel thanks, thats enough.

We'll I'm going to buck the trend of this modern F1 snobbery and say I'm very happy the SF70H has been picked. Can't wait to get a hold of a new regulation F1 car in a top-end sim!

I understand most people don't want it, that's fine. I've barely touched half of the cars in all the DLCs so far, because I pick and choose what appeals to me most. This pack will be no exception, I'll likely try the road cars once and leave them. That's fine by me though, because I appreciate there's something there for everyone. Some of the over-reactions on here and the AC social media pages have been incredible!

I find the ultra modern F1 cars a pain because it means having to completely change the buttons on my wheel just for one (or perhaps two) cars. I dont have enough buttons for all that hybrid garbage. I dont want to juggle KERS modes or use DRS, just give me an engine, brakes and steering wheel thanks, thats enough.

I use Joy2Key to toggle keymap configs. You can even toggle them during gameplay to give you endless amounts of submaps, for ERS management for example. Really cheap to buy a license too, can't recommend it enough.

(Unless you are on PS4, then I can see why!)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.