Status
Not open for further replies.
Current version : 1.3.2 (28/02/2017) -- Please read instructions and FAQ below before posting.
Please do not use my work nor upload it somewhere else without my permission.

This mod is composed of a Base and a Layer. You need both in order to have the full mod.

LAYER MOD INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS (STEAM) - Thanks to @Paxon

1. Go to the MM Community Hub in your steam client.
F2YVIDI.png

2. Go to the workshop.
22StFwC.png

3. Search the workshop for "enzoli".
Lrv0XGD.png

4. Find the "Layer" mod and click it.
ifkfqa2.png

5. Click on the subscribe button.
p03mSoN.png

6. Make sure the mod is active in your in-game workshop.
MIuzfj7.png

You're done. :)

You can proceed the same way for my other mods you found on step 4.
BASE MOD INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS (WINDOWS)
  1. Download PART1 and PART2 on your computer. Both parts are necessary.
  2. Right-click MM 2016 Mod 1.x.x.part1.rar and uncompress it.
  3. Part 2 will be uncompressed automatically. You should now have a folder MM_Data with the installer right next to it.
  4. Launch the installer and follow instructions.
If the installer does not work for you, simply copy/paste the MM_Data folder into your Motorsport Manager folder.
BASE MOD INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS (MAC) - Thanks to Mr Peugeot and Alon2o
    • Download PART1 and PART2. Both parts are necessary.
    • Create a folder anywhere and put both mod files in this new folder
    • Open Part_1 of the .rar file with an extractor (I use The Unarchiver but I’m assuming any upzip program will work)
    • Don’t worry about Part_2. The extractor will have included that without you seeing it.
    • You will get a folder called MM_Data.
    • Open finder
    • Command + Shift + G
    • Library / Application Support
    • Click on go
    • Steam
    • /Steamapp
    • /Common
    • /Motorsport Manager
    • Right click
    • View the contents of the package
    • Home
    • Resources
    • Data
    • Replace the resource.assets file with the one in the MM_Data you obtain in step 5.
    • Open StreamingAssets folder
    • (Download and in data)
    • Then replace only the Champ1.bk2 files
    • Champ2.bk2
    • Champ3.bk2
    • And replace the TeamIntroMovies folder

FAQ:
- After I installed the mod, the drivers, teams and staff are fake and all logos are original ones.
You didn't activate the mod "layer" on the Workshop. Please do so as stated above.
- My game crashes during or after launch / I get a black screen then nothing.
Make sure you run the last version of the game on steam.
Go to Steam then right click on Motorsport Manager>Properties>Local Files>Verify integrity of game cache. This will synchronize your game to server version which is always the last version available.

- I don't see the car liveries. Rest is working fine.
Liveries do not work in 2d Mode. Turn on 3d mode.
- How can I change logos/team names/... myself?
Download Unity Assets Bundle Extractor and open resources.assets with it. Extract textures or textassets with the "plugin" button on the left. Modify things and import file back using the same "plugin" button.
Logos are in logos1@1080. Practice and Quali Times are in simulationsettings.

INCLUDED:
196 real drivers with real bio/abilities/physics and tweaked traits, potential, marketability, fan and sponsors popularity...
30 real teams with correct infos, location and logos in ...
3 real competitions : F1/GP2/GP3 (GP3 is made of gp2, gp3 and Formula 3 teams)
Real names, bio, physics and tweaked abilities for chairmans, team principals, engineers, mechanics.
Real free Team Principals and many real free engineers/mechanics
Real Medias, Journalists, Celebs with correct physics and real F1 president
Real sponsors and longer contracts
Real names for tracks
Real equipment colors and logos on hats
Real liveries for F1 teams
Real Engine and Fuel Suppliers
Real Tires for cars
Many other tweaks to bring a maximum of reality
See updates changelogs for lastest features

Last edited:
With the new update that has come out most things have been modified from the great mod of Enzoli ..... that rages!

Enzoli you will be able to solve it so that we can continue enjoying thanks to you with the mod of 2016 until you take the mod of 2017 ???

Thank you for your efforts and apologies for the inconvenience.

Cool thing is that workshop will allow 3d work on liveries and hq. Wasn't expecting that.
Cool stuff.
Now with this workshop I think anyone can make a 2017 mod so I don't think I will work on one. Somebody will probably come up with something better and faster.
Might try my luck at the livery competition :D

Enzoli I am so happy with your mods, that I prefer to play one of yours ...... if you change your mind and do it we would be delighted.
Again thank you and thank you for your incredible effort and dedication so that all of us can enjoy your incredible mod.

@enzoli "Not only that, we will award the winner a cash prize of £1,000. We're looking for imagination and inventiveness so be as creative as you can and upload your work to Steam Workshop."

I am sure that your mod will receive a ton of downloads .... go get that 1000 bucks!

I would like to carry on using the 2016 Mod with the latest update. Does anyone know how?

Also is there a way I can fix the Jack&Jones crash myself for the 2016 mod?

Well, you could manually take an old version of his mod, extract all the relevant files and import them into the new assets? I don't know if he made a list of everything though, and I do t think he released the sponsor fix.

The Workshop uses the original assets (which we're replacing) as a base, so if Enzoli released this mod as it is, (as all the work other then reimporting most files is done), you can use the mod as normal. Other workshop mods could easily then be installed on top of it.

Although it could be easy for Enzoli to make a steam workshop version of the mod. He might be able to use the unity tool on his old - working asset file and export all the drivers, teams, models and textures. And release them as workshop mods.

Which is both great and worrying... as anyone could do that without giving him credit. If he's against this, I suggest he actually removes the downloads now.

Current version is 1.2.1.2 (06/01/2017)
Please come back to me with bugs if you find any

Please do not use my work nor upload it without asking permission first

Download here : (both parts are necessary)
WINDOWS USERS
Part 1
Part 2
MAC USERS
Part 1
Part 2

TRACK INTRO VIDEOS:

This add-on will replace original intro videos for tracks with new ones corresponding to my mod.
It comes with an installer.
Download : http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/trackmovies-for-enzolis-mod.13424/

MOD INSTALL (WINDOWS) :
1. Right-click MM 2016 Mod 1.2.1.2.part1.rar and uncompress it.

Part 2 will be uncompressed automatically. You should now have a folder MM_Data with the installer right next to it.
2. Launch the installer and follow instructions.
Please "Uninstall" first if you used the installer before for previous mod version
Alternative w/o installer : copy MM_Data folder into your Motorsport Manager Folder
MOD INSTALL (MAC) : (Thanks to Mr Peugeot)
1. Download the two mod files.
2. Create a folder anywhere and put both mod files in this new folder
3. Open Part 1 of the .rar file with an extractor (I use The Unarchiver but I’m assuming any upzip program will work)
4. Don’t worry about Part 2. The extractor will have included that without you seeing it. The resulting file will be about 741MB and be called resources.assets.
5. Go in to Steam
6. Twofinger tap on Motorsport Manager and then click Properties
7. Click Local Files, Click Browse Local Files.
8. Finder will open up with MM icon
9. Two finger Tap on MM and select Show Package Contents
10. Go to Contents>Resources>Data
11. Twofinger tap on ‘resources.assets’ and Copy in to a folder elsewhere. This is the original file that you may want to hang on to
12. Drag the ‘resources.assets’ file that you extracted in to this location. Select ‘Overwrite’
13. Close it all down and start you game.

FAQ:

- My game crashes during or after launch / I get a black screen then nothing.
Make sure you run the last version of the game on steam.
Go to Steam then right click on Motorsport Manager>Properties>Local Files>Verify integrity of game cache. This will synchronize your game to server version which is always the last version available.

- How can I change logos/team names/... myself?
Download Unity Assets Bundle Extractor and open resources.assets with it. Extract textures or textassets with the "plugin" button on the left. Modify things and import file back using the same "plugin" button.
Logos are in logos1@1080. Practice and Quali Times are in simulationsettings.

INCLUDED:

196 real drivers with real bio/abilities/physics and tweaked traits, potential, marketability, fan and sponsors popularity...
30 real teams with correct infos, location and logos in ...
3 real competitions : F1/GP2/GP3 (GP3 is made of gp2, gp3 and Formula 3 teams)
Real names, bio, physics and tweaked abilities for chairmans, team principals, engineers, mechanics.
Real free Team Principals and many real free engineers/mechanics
Real Medias, Journalists, Celebs with correct physics and real F1 president
Real sponsors and longer contracts
Real names for tracks
Real equipment colors and logos on hats
Real liveries for F1 teams
Real Engine and Fuel Suppliers
Real Tires for cars
Many other tweaks to bring a maximum of reality
See updates changelogs for lastest features

PREVIEWS
baF5KNe.png

EpXETp9.png

Nnbewba.png

OzIICPr.png

0gBTlwR.png

avY4aCU.png

MANY THANKS
to bwoah for his constant advises and help on finding drivers and staffs. You rock!
to BenRHJ and Mojojo999 for their hard job on drivers abilities. Fantastic work!
to all of you for your patience, feedbacks and suggestions
hi, could u link me the modding extractor because i'm unsure of what downloads are real and what ones aren't. (never modded anything before if you have any tips let me know) :)

Well, you could manually take an old version of his mod, extract all the relevant files and import them into the new assets? I don't know if he made a list of everything though, and I do t think he released the sponsor fix.

The Workshop uses the original assets (which we're replacing) as a base, so if Enzoli released this mod as it is, (as all the work other then reimporting most files is done), you can use the mod as normal. Other workshop mods could easily then be installed on top of it.

Although it could be easy for Enzoli to make a steam workshop version of the mod. He might be able to use the unity tool on his old - working asset file and export all the drivers, teams, models and textures. And release them as workshop mods.

Which is both great and worrying... as anyone could do that without giving him credit. If he's against this, I suggest he actually removes the downloads now.
I'm trying to figure out how the workshop works. Doesn't make any sens to me right now. Feel like a noob though I'm usually good a those things.

I don't mind people using my stuff. I have the feeling the devs now what we're doing here and saw our work a long time ago. Anyone stealing stuff like the guys on that german forum would be quickly found I believe. And if not, well... too bad.
Again all this stuff here has always been free and will remain like this.
On the other hand, I will try my luck at this livery competition. U never know. :laugh:

I'm trying to figure out how the workshop works. Doesn't make any sens to me right now. Feel like a noob though I'm usually good a those things.

I don't mind people using my stuff. I have the feeling the devs now what we're doing here and saw our work a long time ago. Anyone stealing stuff like the guys on that german forum would be quickly found I believe. And if not, well... too bad.
Again all this stuff here has always been free and will remain like this.
On the other hand, I will try my luck at this livery competition. U never know. :laugh:

Not sure in what sense you mean? The different tool to create a mod or other things? It looks like you're literally uploading txt files for the database changes, and you've already got those. These text files are injected into the game instead of the text assets being read,,, I assume the same is true of all the graphics too. However, I've noticed that your supplier changes probably aren't workshop compatible currently, I assume that's a future feature.

So there's a good chance you don't have to do much at all to make the, compatible.

Good news for all the people who want to combine our mods, is that if they install my mod as a base (old fashioned copy and paste overtake MM folders), you can add workshop files right on top of it, and they'll work seemlessly.

btw... this latest update screwed my game. :thumbsdown: ...i don´t have (mod) sponsors anymore, just the original ones. Not sure about the rest yet.... - yeah, everything gone, just names are correct in saved game. Will another install of 2016 mod solve the damn thing... or....we need to wait? :sick:

Last edited:
Not sure in what sense you mean? The different tool to create a mod or other things? It looks like you're literally uploading txt files for the database changes, and you've already got those. These text files are injected into the game instead of the text assets being read,,, I assume the same is true of all the graphics too. However, I've noticed that your supplier changes probably aren't workshop compatible currently, I assume that's a future feature.

So there's a good chance you don't have to do much at all to make the, compatible.

Good news for all the people who want to combine our mods, is that if they install my mod as a base (old fashioned copy and paste overtake MM folders), you can add workshop files right on top of it, and they'll work seemlessly.
I have no idea how to build a mod for the workshop. I mean I've been reading their website but can't get it to work. Even things not using unity like videos. When I go to the game to create my mod, it finds 0 files to add... Tbh I never used workshop before.

I don't get why you say no supplier?

I have no idea how to build a mod for the workshop. I mean I've been reading their website but can't get it to work. Even things not using unity like videos. When I go to the game to create my mod, it finds 0 files to add... Tbh I never used workshop before.

I don't get why you say no supplier?

Motorsport Manager\MM_Data\Modding\Databases

If you put the drivers.txt in there as well as all the other (recognised) ones the game will recognise them and you can install them when starting a new game (at the very top Test Your Mod) or Publish them

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Motorsport Manager\MM_Data\Modding

has ;logos, images, movies and videos to... so I assume you just put the files in the right format there and Boom, done... no need to mess around with unity.

The list of .txt assets doesn't include supplies, so I assume that portion of the mod is non transferable yet.
  • Assistants.txt
    • Team assistants.
  • Chairman.txt
    • Team chairmen.
  • Championship.txt
    • This is where you can edit the races, teams, prize money, and rules which appear within in a particular championship.
    • Team numbers refer to the row number of the team in the Teams.txt database. You can see the numbers here.
    • Locations refer to tracks. The track IDs are detailed here.
    • Rules are detailed here.
  • Climate.txt
    • The temperatures and rainfall chances of the different weather types.
  • Drivers.txt
    • Everything to do with drivers can be edited here.
    • The teams a driver can join are detailed here.
  • Engineers.txt
    • This allows you to edit the Lead Designers.
    • Designers’ Components are detailed here.
  • Journalists.txt
    • The journalists who ask you various questions and publish media reports.
  • Mechanics.txt
    • The race mechanics’ names and stats.
    • Mechanic bonuses are detailed here.
  • Media Outlets.txt
    • The outlets which the journalists write for.
  • Politicians.txt
    • Here you can edit Ernie Hecklerock himself!
  • Scouts.txt
    • The chief scouts, who find you new drivers.
  • Sponsors.txt
    • The principal moneygivers of the game. Sponsors can be attached to multiple teams at any one time, as seen in the Team Sponsoring column.
    • Prestige is the sponsor’s star rating.
    • Upfront Value, HomeBonus Value, Bonus Amount, Per Race Payment are all multiplied by one million when imported into the game (ie. ‘0.2’ is £200,000).
    • Bonuses are optional.
  • Team Principals.txt
    • The managers of the AI teams.
  • Teams.txt
    • Change the names and locations of the teams. Information about
    • Color refers to a colour set. If you want to swap certain certain team colours around, this is the place to do it (eg. swapping Steinmann Motorsport to Color 4 will give them a red car and red UI elements).
    • Political Attributes define how teams will vote in certain GMA rules.
    • Budget is the team’s starting cash.
    • Race Payment offset is a bit of ‘bonus’ money which is added to the Chairman Payment. This is intended to replicate some teams having a bigger warchest.
    • Aggression defines how risky a team will be in regard to various AI decisions (parts being built, race orders, etc). 0 is less aggressive, 1 is more aggressive.
  • … more database types will follow in updates.

After having a little play, I believe what you may be missing is where you are putting each separate file into the
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Motorsport Manager\MM_Data\Modding\" Path. Each different file needs to go into the correct path such as:

Drivers.txt into the "Database" path and other files into the correct path.

Once that has been done you then you need to go into Motorsport manager game then onto workshop tab then publishing the files into a workshop file (this will be private until you make it public) then you need to create a new career for these to work.

If you want me to help you with the workshop side I am more than happy, just message me.

I figured out the directories. Still all gfx must be wrapped in assetsbundle. Which is a pain in the a**.
More than this. It seems they reshuffled the gfx atlases so I'll have to rebuild them. That's a lot of work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes