2014 Formula One Monaco Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
must admit i'm quite surprised Raikonnen didn't get a penalty for causing a collision with Magnussen at Turn 6 (the hairpin). the incident wasn't even investigated.

and then we had i think it was Bianchi who hit one of the Caterhams (i think Kobayashi) at Rascasse three times in one go and that wasn't investigated either. seems the stewards were sleeping for most of the race ...

here's video of the Marussia vs Caterham incident, starts at around 0:30 seconds in:

Kimi on Magnussen: was investigated after the race, no penalties. It showed clearly about two laps after the incident on TV feeds that it is going to be done after the race, like they usually do when it happens so late..
Bianchi vs Kobayashi: no need to, it's called wheel to wheel racing. If either would've had any damage, it would've been discussed further. It was just very tight corner and they touched three times.

Sweet jesus, the comments I've read here. You're complaining about Vettel/Hamilton whining? What makes you think/know that you wouldn't be the exact same? Some people seem to think as though they are justified to criticise the skill or personality of F1 drivers. That is the absolute epitome of irony.

This week we had our MK F1 Championship Grand Prix at Monaco, with me securing the 6th pole from 6 GP's, having almost 90% of the job for victory at Monaco. We started and i took away with the lead, by 10th lap i was with 9 seconds to my teammate. And the guy who won the race later, he pitted on lap 8 and at the time i thought he was using supersoft tyre. As the race went on and i was on 3 PIT-STOP strategy he was on 5.
What he did was he changed his medium so early so would be more on the faster compound but with 2 PIT-STOPS more.
Towards the end of the race, as i was going with supersoft pitting in 10th then medium on 26th lap and again medium on 42th and again and last time on medium for the end of 58th lap, he was all the time on supersoft!

So, i thought he hasnt used medium tires at all and i kept shouting without being able to listen myself from the headphones we all have on us, because we drive all from one place! Its official national F1 championship. I kept saying "he did not used medium, he must pit" i was like Vettel on some occasions or Hamilton on others.
Doest that made me a whiner? Maybe and some say it did, but i dont think so!

I wanted to make sure he done what all should have done, but i was mistaken and after the race i discovered he had a totally different strategy which worked out! Since he past me with SS with 5 laps to go!

Thing is, i was whining yes, but i would do that every time i go out and same situation happens! I was just unaware of that that he already used his medium on the start of the race. I congratulated him because he beated me fair & square.

No one cares what race i had etc, but here is a perfect situation of myself in a race and situation similar like they put themselves each day.

Last edited:
This week we had our MK F1 Championship Grand Prix at Monaco, with me securing the 6th pole from 6 GP's, having almost 90% of the job for victory at Monaco. We started and i took away with the lead, by 10th lap i was with 9 seconds to my teammate. And the guy who won the race later, he pitted on lap 8 and at the time i thought he was using supersoft tyre. As the race went on and i was on 3 PIT-STOP strategy he was on 5.
What he did was he changed his medium so early so would be more on the faster compound but with 2 PIT-STOPS more.
Towards the end of the race, as i was going with supersoft pitting in 10th then medium on 26th lap and again medium on 42th and again and last time on medium for the end of 58th lap, he was all the time on supersoft!

So, i thought he hasnt used medium tires at all and i kept shouting without being able to listen myself from the headphones we all have on us, because we drive all from one place! Its official national F1 championship. I kept saying "he did not used medium, he must pit" i was like Vettel on some occasions or Hamilton on others.
Doest that made me a whiner? Maybe and some say it did, but i dont think so!

I wanted to make sure he done what all should have done, but i was mistaken and after the race i discovered he had a totally different strategy which worked out! Since he past me with SS with 5 laps to go!

Thing is, i was whining yes, but i would do that every time i go out and same situation happens! I was just unaware of that that he already used his medium on the start of the race. I congratulated him because he beated me fair & square.

No one cares what race i had etc, but here is a perfect situation of myself in a race and situation similar like they put themselves each day.

Bottom line is, nobody is perfect. And no-one should expect any professional racing driver to not complain and give out often, especially in F1. The drivers live and breath the sport, and their mentality is bound to be different from your average human being. Utter ruthlessness, dedication, long term commitment and focus on their job almost 24/7 is what they are all about. So for people to log onto the internet and give out and complain about these tiny potential faults of some Formula 1 drivers - when you really think about it, it's quite absurd.

As Niki Lauda put it: "You can't expect to win in F1 without being a bastard" :D

You can't obviously and the place where i race i have already reputation for being too aggressive among the others. Actually we are living kind of the way F1 drivers do, in terms of relationship, just we race virtually on PC yet all from one place, we even win big money prizes. We are making movie from the thing for ourselves and its great to be part of it! We drive virtually as F1 real calendar goes and we see each other for the weekends, at least that was when we started, and no online race compares to that. You go there you see them you say "Hey, Hi, how are you? All good?" and 15minutes later you are wheel to wheel with him and you fight with every one of them. We dont do it for fun. We do it to win. When i race real karts with my friends, its far less tense than this haha!
Now we use to go in group to test and train or go separated so the other won't find out what setup you are using etc. It is a year how we know each other and we started to hang out and watch F1 races, 4 times actually for now. Last time we were in the house of my greatest rival this season who i met first time last year and till today he is a very very good guy, it is interesting to speak about it and have jokes with him while on the track id do anything to beat him and he is the same. We all have respect for the other and it was also interesting to hear them speaking of me on that occasion, my teammate says, "you Dusko put yourself like, if i move we will crash and that is bad" he says that to me and says "don't be mad about it" then my biggest rival adds on the conversation saying "yeah, when i see him in the mirror and he tries to get in the inside i know i must be careful and leave him past me, otherwise if i try something we would crash, it's very close" and he smiles a bit ,others back up him and i laugh hard while listening to them saying the same things people in real F1 spoke about others...and i can relate that to an real F1 drivers and champions! Its interesting, its funny too! Also i won't forget the new guy this season who obviously saw that i won it last year and so he must had big respect towards me, says to me "Dusko when you came behind me i got nervous, i said to myself, now it will be ****ed up" and we actually talk about those things! I am afraid of others too, very much! They would never find out how much, because i wont let myself to say that to them. I dont want them to know that i am afraid, i go out to win. We think like that and we act like that. Its very interesting and we learn every day from each other.

And now, they are the good ones, i am the bad one, i whined about someones tires in Monaco and they whined about my driving style. Some things you see on TV some are behind the curtains.

Last edited:
Blatant promotion but at least we are inside Racedepartment: PrestoGP.. No need to get angry, safety is #1 and all incidents are handled in detail on the grounds of "what can we do to never have that kind of incident again". Goal is full grid thru all races and zero incidents (all of those hasn't happened at the same time yet, it's impossible but that is the main goal). We leave room and expect EVERYONE to behave and not lunge at places where you can not fit.. Elbow tactics wont work as that is simply not on our agenda and we can all be friends after the race. 12th season at the moment, that should tell everything you need to know.

Personally, i hate those drivers who are unsafe and overtly aggressive.. I rarely make major mistakes and know how to drive fair. I also know how to park in the apex for those previously mentioned driver types, that usually makes them boil and spin on their own anger.. My racecraft has improved leaps and bounds there and knowing that the any driver on the grid is good enough to fight wheel to wheel, going half a lap side by side. It's all about patience and knowing when to attack and when not to.

Bianchi vs Kobayashi: no need to, it's called wheel to wheel racing. If either would've had any damage, it would've been discussed further. It was just very tight corner and they touched three times.

Kobayashi had some heavy damage actually, he ended 3 laps down (sidepod and floor got a beating).

But to be honest they should make these cars a bit more solid, maybe.

Oh, as for Hamilton and Rosberg: DRAMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. Who cares, either forget about it, or set a ring in the podium and give them some gloves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes