2014 Formula One Monaco Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
They didn't favour anybody.
ROS on P1 and HAM on P2 - Safety Car happens - ROS comes into the pits as does HAM - HAM whining like a spoiled brat why his team didn't knew the SC was coming before it did ...

Couldn't watch it because we had some people over. So let me get this right:
Rosberg forces a yellow flag to ruin hamilton's hot lap in q3, and than mercedes favours rosberg over hamilton in the pits giving rosberg the win?
Uhh... Nope.
Rosberg locks up on his final Q3 lap, manages to avoid hitting the barriers (which would be a much better way to force yellow flags or even stop the whole session) and gets out of the way, but since it's Monaco, yellow flags were up anyway (luckily for him). And THEN Mercedes favors their LEADING driver (which happened to be Rosberg).

I was hoping for hamilton to humiliate rosberg, like he did in all the races up till now
Oooh yeah, in Bahrain in particular. :unsure:

Very happy for Bianchi!

And we saw Ricciardo again beating Vettel, absolutely fantastic!

While Hamilton, barely seeing the race with one eye but God showed him the way! And when Ric came close he pulled ace from his sleeve and drove for 2nd in samurai style, which was his 2984719817489712 best race of his career :D

I thought is was a boring race despite the great result for Marussia. I think they will celebrate that one like they won the WC. The last 10 laps where interesting to watch. I hoped that Ricciardo would make a move on Hamilton but that Mercedes engine was way to powerfull. My general feeling was that I waited the whole race to see some action between Hamilton and Rosberg. That did not happen. Anyway they wont send Christmas cards to each other from now on.

I thought is was a boring race despite the great result for Marussia. I think they will celebrate that one like they won the WC. The last 10 laps where interesting to watch. I hoped that Ricciardo would make a move on Hamilton but that Mercedes engine was way to powerfull. My general feeling was that I waited the whole race to see some action between Hamilton and Rosberg. That did not happen. Anyway they wont send Christmas cards to each other from now on.
So they sent Christmas Cards to each other before, even in Spring? :p ;)

pretty good race and a solid show from Nico. It seems the more Hamilton opens his mouth the more he shows how immature he is and just terrible sportsmanship by him. Regardless, congrats to Nico and Marussia for their well deserved points finish.

And we saw Ricciardo again beating Vettel, absolutely fantastic!

Ehhhh? I saw Vettel retire with drivetrain problems when he was ahead of Ricciardo. I don't deny that Ricciardo is currently doing better but let's stick to the truth.

Apart from that, I really enjoyed the race! Bianchi did great to score points for Marussia.

Can anybody enlighten me why Raikkönen stopped twice with so little time in between in the beginning of the race? Did not seem to make sense to me.

Ehhhh? I saw Vettel retire with drivetrain problems when he was ahead of Ricciardo. I don't deny that Ricciardo is currently doing better but let's stick to the truth.

Apart from that, I really enjoyed the race! Bianchi did great to score points for Marussia.

Can anybody enlighten me why Raikkönen stopped twice with so little time in between in the beginning of the race? Did not seem to make sense to me.
Chilton gave Kimi a puncture under the Safety Car, so they had to pit Kimi again,

..... Marussia. I think they will celebrate that one like they won the WC...
I think thats because an old rule in F1 that the moment a team scores a point during a season the next season all travel and transportation costs are paid by the F1 organisation. This will literally save them tons of monies :)

Not 100% sure if this is still active though. Without it I am sure they have many other reasons for a little big party :thumbsup:

Finland VS Russia... My home country back up there!

Yeah.. We lost, 5-2.. Two goals by referees, that pretty much killed the game and Russia was frightfully good in overplay. Just wished they hadn't bought the referees, at least five calls that can be said to be, lets say dubious. But that's enough from icehockey. Kimis start was pretty amazing, just saw that..

What i said was nothing more but irony :) of course he did not, nor he ever did, but from all i read how Ric beat Vettel for all the races in which Vettel had problems, except China, i thought to make a little fun of it

What i said was nothing more but irony :) of course he did not, nor he ever did, but from all i read how Ric beat Vettel for all the races in which Vettel had problems, except China, i thought to make a little fun of it

Alright mate :)
It's always hard to recognize irony when there is no facial expression to check!

Decent race, prob most exciting Monaco race I've ever watched. End result was a downer for me, but at least I got to see Vettel DNF again :)

The race had it's moments, quite exciting at times. 2008 was the best race here in recent years I'd say. Regardless of how "boring" people say it is at times, it's a must have on the calender and is definately one of the greatest annual motorsport events. I was dissapointed when Vettel retired.. absolute rotten luck he's been having so far this season.

Can someone give Hammy his lolly pop:D what a cry baby, i think he already forgot the harsh way he defended Rosberg in Bahrain 2 or 3 times to take away the win, Rosberg took it like a man that race. Hammy can learn from that instead of crying because like someone took away his favorite toy.

Season is long and championship is not won or lost in this race.:geek:

It's always hard to recognize irony when there is no facial expression to check!
diver-22.png

I find it amusing when Vettel fans call Hamilton a whiner.... ^^

Vettel never cried. Vettel never spoke outside his car, to rush in the media and say what he thinks of the opponents success or failure, unlike Hamilton for others and playing those mind games, "Alonso is the best", Alonso: "Hamilton is the best" while Vettel wiped the floor with them. The car or not he made most of it. Isn't that all about? To get the most of that moment? After all they can share their opinion on a received question, it's fine, but Hamilton: "Vettel not our class" and that went so far to the point where Vettel himself spoke in the media saying "while we were working others were cooling their balls in the pool". Very hard comment but truthful, otherwise i won't use "balls" in the sentence. That's the paradox. While racing, who we are to argue if he argues for something or not. After all whenever he did for me he was always right. The fact that Hamilton is clever and knows whats going on and is arguing about is totally fine by me, some will say he cries...and i will too just because i had my share for what, 4 years? No hard feelings

I'd say i would call him whiner just so others can feel how i felt, and others

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 99 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 178 14.1%