2014 Formula One Belgian Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
The rule states you're entitled to be given some space if a SIGNIFICANT part of your car is alongside.
bandicam-2014-08-25-18-36-04-508-jpg.62400

I think that was significant enough. Always was like that until Rosberg had to wave his wheel to avoid contact.
Its how I would of done it if I planned to target his rear tire...
When you stop repeating the same things over and over again, you can comeback to this "argue". By repeating all the facts you already said, that's no way to say your favourite driver is not at fault. Haven't seen a bigger Hamilton fanboy in my life :laugh:
And, finally, let me ask you a question, just to prove that you are a fanboy. Let's swap these guys around. Let's make Rosberg to be Hamilton, and vice versa. OK, so Rosberg was on the inside, Hamilton was along-side, Rosberg took the racing line, and that caused Hamilton to wave his wheel to avoid contact. Then Rosberg didn't leave any room for Hamilton into the next corner, and the contact happened. My question right now is: Who's at fault NOW if we swap the roles? By your saying before "OH, he aimed his rear tyre!" would mean that in this "swapped" case, Hamilton "aimed" the rear tyre of Rosberg :whistling:

It's a racing accident, get over with it ;)

And that is why its just a racing incident. HAM didn't leave enough room and ROS was a bit too ambitious. Adding to that, HAM driving like a maniac with a rear puncture and damaging the floor also messed up his race
Don't drivers only have to leave enough room if the driver behind has his nose half way up the leading drivers car?

Any further back, I understood gave the leading driver the right not to leave any room.

Rosberg was alongside Hamilton down the straight. Hamilton knew he was there and knew that Rosberg had more pace. Of course Rosberg wasnt going to back down. Hamilton has never backed down this season for Rosberg. Look at Bahrain where Hamilton used a fuel setting that he wasnt supposed to to win the race. Then in Hungary he didnt let Rosberg past even though they were on different strategies and Hamilton was slowing him down. Hamilton hasn't backed down once during this season for Rosberg and if he wanted to finish well in that race racing room and respect is needed and both drivers lacked that in this incident.
Wasn't it Rosberg that used the high fuel setting?

This image cannot be used to see the proximity of the cars. Hamilton looks to be on the rumble strip here and Rosberg has plenty of room on his left. We need an image where Rosberg is on the inside as the collision happened.
No, we don't. Why is this image not good enough? Oh, I know why! Because later on Hamilton took the racing line which caused Rosberg to wave his wheel to avoid contact, and lose time.
---
As I said, a racing incident. Done with this topic, and let Hamilton fanboys think different, but it's the truth.

No, we don't. Why is this image not good enough? Oh, I know why! Because later on Hamilton took the racing line which caused Rosberg to wave his wheel to avoid contact, and lose time.
I only said it wasn't good enough because it's at a different point on the track. It's hard to judge very well from that angle and position. That just my opinion.

I see a lot from fans arguing over Hamiltons fault vs Rosbergs fault, I also see people within F1 saying Rosbergs fault, Lauda, Totto Wolff, Button, Massa, I don't really see drivers or teams blaming Hamilton, I guess they know a lot better than us so I will back Hamilton and say Rosbergs fault, of course I am not going to include Brundle, Crofty, Herbert, Tony Davidson (If you watched Sky you would get that), DC, Mcnish, Ben Edwards and those guys because obviously they would be more biased to Hamilton.
This is Massa view
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/115571?_ga=1.268930481.110441960.1390166957

Buttons view
http://www1.skysports.com/f1/report...is-hamilton-at-spa-was-8216-unbelievable8217-

---
As I said, a racing incident. Done with this topic, and let Hamilton fanboys think different, but it's the truth.
It seems after Schumacher and Vettel and now Rosberg ,,that this is the German way to win points for the championship

it can be gone tomorrow,,if the FIA from now on doesnt make it profitable
to do these actions,,and even deduct points

i rather had seen a fight between hamilton and rosberg over 44 laps ,,but i was happy with the sympathetic aussie that won after a briliant race

I think you'll find it's the Rosberg fanboys trying to blame Hamilton for a racing incident that Rosberg could have avoided.

Rosberg isn't stupid, he knows that Hamilton will shut the door on people like that. He did it to him in both Bahrain and Hungary (and probably somewhere else). Rosberg isn't as good in wheel-to-wheel combat, he knows that, and in trying to look a bit better, he ended up making the wrong decision that ultimately helped him massively.

I think you'll find it's the Rosberg fanboys trying to blame Hamilton for a racing incident that Rosberg could have avoided.

Rosberg isn't stupid, he knows that Hamilton will shut the door on people like that. He did it to him in both Bahrain and Hungary (and probably somewhere else). Rosberg isn't as good in wheel-to-wheel combat, he knows that, and in trying to look a bit better, he ended up making the wrong decision that ultimately helped him massively.
Best way to see who's the fanboy is to swap the sides. If Rosberg was Hamilton, and Hamilton was Rosberg, who would you think is at fault?
---
But anyway: Rosberg might have neeeded to back out, but then Hamilton also should have left the room. FIA decided it's a racing incident, so let's leave it like that :)

And if I was to be a "fanboy", it would have to be Alonso :D

I don't want to get in to a childish argument about who's a bigger "fanboy" etc etc. but I just want to give my brief take on the events (even though I already have done so at length, lol).

It was a racing incident.
A clumsy one at that.
As per the regulations, Rosberg should have back out sooner due to not having a significant portion his car alongside Hamilton on the entry to T6 (left part of Le Combes).
Once this is the case, it's no longer up to the driver ahead to leave room. It's entirely up to the driver behind to react accordingly so not to make contact with the car ahead.

That's not a matter of opinion, it's just a fact.

Clearly our support of drivers can sway our opinions, but I don't think we're ever going to all agree on aspects of the incident, so how about we just agree to disagree?

Last edited:
I can only chuckle at the stuff I read here at times. I guess passion clouds peoples judgement.
It's interesting to see everyone analysing the incident using slow motion camera's, still photos, and trying to determine what was going through the drivers "calculating" minds during this time period.
Let's be realistic, the whole thing happened in the blink of an eye, with both drivers having to deal with sliding cars and very limited visibility.
It sure looks to me like a driving incident, in the heat of battle, between two drivers fighting for the world title. Everybody says they want no team orders, we want drivers within the team to compete with each other, well, this is what happens occasionally in that case.
The alternative is a boring team controlled result, which Mercedes will be frowned upon for managing.
Let's just enjoy the competition, the occasional "accident", and the relief of seeing someone else (especially Dan Ricciardo) occasionally winning a race. :)

"I’m not sure we were told by any key people over the weekend how rubbish Formula 1 is these days, so just to remind you of that in case in all of the excitement of recent races you had forgotten." - Martin Brundle

I'm a Hamilton fan, not a fanboy. If Hamilton had sliced Rosberg's wheel like that, I would blame Hamilton. As I said, Rosberg has backed out of situations like that with Hamilton, so he is more to blame in a tenuous racing incident.

Can people stop labelling me as a fanboy, the only driver I'm likely to do that to is Nick Heidfeld so stop.

Don't worry, it's just the ancient technique of "oh I don't have anything to back up my arguments with so I'll just try to devalue my oppositions arguments by calling them fanboys", it's as old as the interwebs itself... :)

I'm really done with this. I'm not going to be calm anymore.

HOW STUPID DOES HAMILTON HAVE TO BE TO NOT KNOW THERE IS A CAR BESIDES HIM!?!?!?!?!? He doesn't deserve a top team seat if he's a Maldonado in disguise. Every other driver on the grid knows that if there is a car right next to you, and you don't care a single bit about it, you're in trouble. I just can't take this anymore. I've explained this to at least 20 people already, but they are so blind. They see one way, and that's it. I have analyzed this for hours, and talked to people (who actually understand the art of racing, not the art of that stupid Ham eater) that understand what has happened. I know exactly what has been going on, and am sharing my information here. It's just useless when people don't understand English.

Again, I'm getting angry and don't want to explain it to people who don't deserve to watch F1. Just why instead of thinking who did wrong, do you want to humiliate somebody?

I'm a Hamilton fan, not a fanboy. If Hamilton had sliced Rosberg's wheel like that, I would blame Hamilton. As I said, Rosberg has backed out of situations like that with Hamilton, so he is more to blame in a tenuous racing incident.

Can people stop labelling me as a fanboy, the only driver I'm likely to do that to is Nick Heidfeld so stop.
I won't call anybody who understands logic a fanboy. Just a regular fan. If you notice what really happened, then nobody has any problems with the other person liking a different driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes