2014 Formula One Belgian Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
rosberg has admitted he kept his nose in to force Hamilton to give him space, so you could argue that it was intentional and mind games by rosberg who in my opinion is an average driver, this is all because rosberg panicked after screwing up his start, like I say...average.

rosberg has admitted he kept his nose in to force Hamilton to give him space, so you could argue that it was intentional and mind games by rosberg who in my opinion is an average driver, this is all because rosberg panicked after screwing up his start, like I say...average.
Well, hi Paul :p Didn't know you were at RD :D

Well, you don't win races as an average driver, just saying that ;) And trying to make the other driver give space is the only way to overtake :D

the only way to overtake? by bashing your front spoiler against rear wheels, do me a favour, rosberg tried to do a bit of close quarters racing but he came up short and found himself lacking the skills, and all on lap 2, well done nico, you really have made an arse of yourself.

the only way to overtake? by bashing your front spoiler against rear wheels, do me a favour, rosberg tried to do a bit of close quarters racing but he came up short and found himself lacking the skills, and all on lap 2, well done nico, you really have made an arse of yourself.
But if Hamilton doesn't have any self-awareness then what is this? Hamilton = Maldonado. If Hamilton knew Rosberg doesn't have the skill, why not just be extra cautious around him? It's like SR in iRacing all over again.

lap 2 is the problem here, if this happened in the last stint then fine, but lap 2, if I were nico I would have wanted to be behind a lot longer, sizing lewis up, sure is shaping up to be a great run in for the title, I predict Hamilton wins last race in abu dhabi and rosberg retires, double points and the title for lewis.

lap 2 is the problem here, if this happened in the last stint then fine, but lap 2, if I were nico I would have wanted to be behind a lot longer, sizing lewis up, sure is shaping up to be a great run in for the title, I predict Hamilton wins last race in abu dhabi and rosberg retires, double points and the title for lewis.
Well, why defend like crazy on the second lap???

I'm yet to see a single valid point about Hamilton not being innocent. Good luck with it guys.

agreed, I thought it was odd Hamilton covering the inside towards the end of the straight, again I would have just let him slip by and followed his tail, this is all very easy from our comfy armchairs but they were both driving like ass hats. well done Daniel.

agreed, I thought it was odd Hamilton covering the inside towards the end of the straight, again I would have just let him slip by and followed his tail, this is all very easy from our comfy armchairs but they were both driving like ass hats. well done Daniel.
Hey look at that. Finally we agree :D

Well, why defend like crazy on the second lap???

I'm yet to see a single valid point about Hamilton not being innocent. Good luck with it guys.
to clear things ,, Rosberg was attacking the raceleader.

so if he did the same to Ricciardo or Alonso ,im sure people would see the problem.

by calling it "fighting his teammate " it already gives a strange vibe where it should be accepted as racing accident,like its ok to treat a driver from the same team worse as other competitors.
and of course this wasnt a racing accident but a stupid move out of frustration.Nico admitted as much he wanted to proof a point .
however ,its the FIA that should be the guardian of safety on the track
and leaving this one for the team ,is neglecting their responsebility
while on the other hand they love to cash thousands of dollars if the pitspeedlimit is broken by only 1 mph,,even in a warm up or training session
but not investigating this divebomb takeout.

13:07 – Nico Rosberg has "acknowledged his responsibility" and apologised for clashing with team-mate Lewis Hamilton at last weekend's Belgian Grand Prix, says Mercedes after crunch talks at the outfit's factory.

Whilst battling for the lead on the second lap of the race, Rosberg clipped the rear of Hamilton's car at Les Combes, handing the latter a puncture that would ultimately lead to his retirement from the Grand Prix. (stop being so biased towards Hamilton)

Hamilton later said Rosberg claimed during a post-race debrief that he intentionally hit him to prove a point, comments that the championship leader was quick to deny, describing the collision as a "racing incident".
So by this, I see Rosberg hasn't confirmed it himself? Everybody else saying it is no proof. Including Mercedes.

I'm not a Rosberg fan, I'm just denying facts from Hamilton fans (and fanboys :p)

As I said earlier, I support both drivers, but if I was to be a fan of somebody it would be Alonso, or Bianchi. That's it
--
Of course, if Rosberg does state that he hit off Hamilton by himself, then I will believe he's responcible. But till then, I leave it at a racing incident.

I'm not a Rosberg fan, I'm just denying facts from Hamilton fans (and fanboys :p)

As I said earlier, I support both drivers, but if I was to be a fan of somebody it would be Alonso, or Bianchi. That's it
--
Of course, if Rosberg does state that he hit off Hamilton by himself, then I will believe he's responcible. But till then, I leave it at a racing incident.
He has accepted a penalty from the team, how is that for stating he admits responsibility?

The thing is Rosberg's "blame" come from rather arbitrary things, which everyone has their own idea, "you don't do that to your team mate", "it was just lap 2", "he had very little chance to overtake from that position", all these things have some level of truth to them, but they are opinions rather than rules.

When i defend Rosberg saying he did "nothing" wrong is because he's allowed to keep his nose in that position, there's no rule saying he has to back off, would it be wise to back off?
Yes, i'm sure by now Nico understands he got very lucky and it could have swung the other way, Hamilton on his way to victory and Nico with a damaged car.

Emmanuelle Pirro, who was driver steward, said it best.
“We needed less than 10 seconds to decide that the contact was innocuous and not worth pursuing. It was something venial that had unfortunate consequences, but the contact came in a few millimetres, in other words neither of the two cars had sudden movements."

Summarizing, from a driving standpoint Rosberg did nothing wrong, from a team perspective things are different surely, but the problems are all inside the Mercedes garage.

As for Hamilton, i do think he needs better awareness of what's going on around him, nothing dirty or malicious, but too often he seems to expect the other drivers to just back off, and gets in trouble when they don't.
And that's not "Nico", that's Massa, Maldonado, Kobayashi...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 236 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 232 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%