2014 Formula One Australian Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not trying to be Mr negative here as for now the sound has been my biggest problem, but there isnt much happening out there. Its the same issues as before. Cars cant get past unless they are out of position or new rubber. And looks like a German is going to win. For all the time, money and energy thats gone into the new regs, you are still relying on rain or people out of position to provide the action. Well done Mr Todt.

Surprised the Lotus are both still running!! It's a miracle! Hamilton was running on 5 cylinders only apparently and Vettel had a ERS problem. Looks like these new ERS systems are causing a LOT of problems.

Edit: Spoke to soon, see you Maldonado.

I don't understand why you're so bent over a light flashing when there are cars dropping out left, right and center?

I don't understand what you're trying to say, but it doesn't bother me. It's just a surprise to me. I thought the back lights were only used when it rains. Anyway, it seems it's only Toro Rosso and Force India so far. I have not seen it on other cars yet.

Fantastic season opener, ecstatic for Ricciardo with a solid 2nd!

Well done to the McLaren boys as well

Do you really feel that was a fantastic race? Why? Some good results for particular drivers but i fail to see where any drama or tension was. For instance Magnussen was quicker than Ricciardo but had to fuel save rather than go for it, that isnt what you want is it?

Do you really feel that was a fantastic race? Why? Some good results for particular drivers but i fail to see where any drama or tension was. For instance Magnussen was quicker than Ricciardo but had to fuel save rather than go for it, that isnt what you want is it?
First two laps were crazy. After that not much different from 2013, except instead of saving tyres its saving fuel.

Not going to happen. They're going green...er. There's no going back, and tbh, I think it wasn't bad for a first round. Teams will now have a better look at the data, and seek to better their machines.

My expectations fulfilled, Rosberg won. Vettel DNF was a possibility but not to really to go that way.

Awkward moment it is, that Ricciardo wins his first podium after 3 or more seasons while Magnussen wins podium on his first GP ever. No real feel of the power of F1 car for the period of the whole race of experience going that long, experience that one Champion like Button has etc and was not enough to beat him. All those things that perhaps in the past would be crucial today are more or less like in a video game. It's funny and it makes like its no big deal at all.

In the past podium on first race to happen would've been impossible today it's like you only need to find a good team and thats it

Not going to happen. They're going green...er. There's no going back, and tbh, I think it wasn't bad for a first round. Teams will now have a better look at the data, and seek to better their machines.
So long as Ecclestone is in charge of F1 nothing will happen, but soon as they replace him with someone who cares about racing over money we'll see F1 make a comeback. If not, F1 is on the path to death;

Well, there's nothing better than being at the right place at the right time, sometimes. And I think that's what happened for the rookies there.

Youngsters can adapt to new environments quicker than veterans.

I liked Bottas a lot, especially after he lost that wheel! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes