1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2014 Formula One Australian Grand Prix

Discussion in 'Formula 1 Race Comments' started by Bram, Mar 11, 2014.

Who will win the Australian GP?

Poll closed Mar 17, 2014.
  1. Sebastian Vettel

6.2%
  2. Daniel Ricciardo

4.6%
  3. Max Chilton

3.2%
  4. Nico Rosberg

12.4%
  5. Kimi Raikkonen

8.5%
  6. Romain Grosjean

0.5%
  7. Marcus Ericsson

1.2%
  8. Kamui Kobayashi

0.2%
  9. Sergio Perez

0.2%
  10. Pastor Maldonado

0.2%
  11. Fernando Alonso

12.0%
  12. Jules Bianchi

0.2%
  13. Felipe Massa

12.4%
  14. Kevin Magnussen

3.7%
  15. Esteban Gutierrez

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  16. Jenson Button

4.8%
  17. Jean-Eric Vergne

0.2%
  18. Daniil Kvyat

0.7%
  19. Nico Hulkenberg

0.7%
  20. Lewis Hamilton

26.5%
  21. Valtteri Bottas

1.4%
  22. Adrian Sutil

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

• Like Like x 1
  2. There's nothing like the first race of a new F1 season. Some people have been saying that rain might be in the air this weekend in Melbourne. Either way I can't wait.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Bram

Bram

I am putting my money on Rosberg all season long. My #1 candidate for the title.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Chris Jenkins

Chris Jenkins
    Driving til the wheels fall off

I'm a Hamilton fan but I've gone for Rosberg at this race.

I'm excited for it though!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Still glad I have the method of watching practice, quali and race on free German TV with English radio commentary. Works a treat.

As for predictions, I have no idea. I hope and expect that McLaren are stronger than people think.. and hopefully Williams are up there aswell.

6. care to share that method with me please? :p

7. Hamilton both for this GP and the title this year, but it's a long season ahead ^^
    I've yet to figure out how to watch this years season though. I used to watch BBC through VPN/Proxy but since half of the races started airing on Sky that just ain't an option anymore :(
    I moved on to paying the local swedish channel for watching it (Viasat), but they have jacked their prices up too high this year so I had decided to not give them my money anymore (they have awful commentators and I keep paying for other peoples benefit of soccer and hockey licenses since those are bundled along with the racing channel and I can't choose not to have them).
    Any tips on how to watch the races are welcome!

8. Thanks for sharing @Shane Butler but living in a rented apartment there's no way for me to use satellite, streaming is my only option (legal or not).

9. If you have stable internet and have unlimited usage (both of which I don't have), then you could try and find a decent stream and then buy a VGA cable. You can attach it from your laptop to the TV, which basically means that you can see whats on your laptop, i.e the stream, on your tv. I've done this before.. it's obviously not perfect but I guess you have to make the most out of a bad situation.

10. Howard

Howard
    Staff Emeritus | Engineer at Manor Racing Premium Member

Marcus Ericsson ftw

11. Ohh if I wanted to watch the stream on my TV then I'd fix that easily, but that's not the issue, finding a good stream with commentators speaking a language I understand is on the other hand.

Edit: Also, I don't mind paying for watching either, I just mind paying for poor quality commentators and licenses to sports that I do not watch.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Even though I am a Lewis Hamilton and Mercedes fan, my money is on Massa for the win.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Kevin

14. two words: Max Chilton

• Haha Haha x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. ...will only get lapped twice this time?

• Haha Haha x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Bram

Bram

But will finish all the races :roflmao:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Thought you were talking about Vettel? *Must scroll along the thread more*

• Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
  18. Q3 has been extended by two minutes and Q1 reduced by two minutes. Interesting..

19. think Kimi will win Australian GP
    no doubt he is the best chance for Ferrari to grab one victory this year because Mercedes has powerful motor overall

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.