2013 MotoGP Season

Pedrosa has been angry with Marquez because a rookie has clearly beaten him. This is just something that made Pedrosa even more mad. I'm taking Marquez's part, he tried to avoid him.

Bonus:
In 0:36 the crash that nearly cost Hayden the title. Pedrosa was not even fighting for the championship then.

Pedrosa has been angry with Marquez because a rookie has clearly beaten him. This is just something that made Pedrosa even more mad. I'm taking Marquez's part, he tried to avoid him.

Bonus:
In 0:36 the crash that nearly cost Hayden the title. Pedrosa was not even fighting for the championship then.

Nice Bonus, man I enjoyed Nicky Hayden at Honda

Also, Hayden would already have lost the title had Rossi not had bad luck that year ;)

But it's not the first time that Marquez has been involved with an incident, he needs to be more careful in future races ;)

Who hasn't been involved in accidents? Don't forget that it is a rookie season for Marquez, and he is really young as well!;)

Various drivers have been involved in accidents, but on the receiving end, not on the giving end.

We'll see soon if he can mature in his riding ;)

Bonus:

If you watch Pedrosa's crash today closely, marquez hits Pedrosa's bike at the start of the corner. You can see Pedrosa's bike lurch when its hit. So he's angry because Marquez was riding like an idiot and once again hit into somebody at their expense.

He may be popular but he's quickly losing the other riders respect.

@Rami Saidy
Rossi-Stoner Jerez 2011
Biaggi-Haslam Moscow 2012 Race Two
Checa-Melandri Philip Island 2013 Race One

The bottom two crashes are like what happened today with Pedrosa-Marquez but with different consenqueses ;)

All the big guys have made mistakes. I can make you a list of top riders taking out somebody else.:)

@Rami Saidy
Rossi-Stoner Jerez 2011
Biaggi-Haslam Moscow 2012 Race Two
Checa-Melandri Philip Island 2013 Race One

The bottom two crashes are like what happened today with Pedrosa-Marquez but with different consenqueses ;)

All the big guys have made mistakes. I can make you a list of top riders taking out somebody else.:)

If you say those have happened i'll believe you, but still they were one-offs where as this isn't the first time Marquez has done something similar ;)

I don't mean it wasn't his fault at all, but let's not forget that he lost time too ;)
He lost 1 or 2 seconds. Dani Pedrosa lost championship. Bit of a difference. Like I said this isn't the first time he's used others as a barge board *cough* Lorenzo *cough*. He's unpredictable and it won't be long before he's seriously hurting someone or worse through his inability to realize the consequence of trying to jam his bike up the inside of everyone. Yeah he's a heck of a good rider, but there's a limit when safety comes into it.

My argument is that Marquez did not do it on purpose.

Lorenzo in his rookie season spent more time flying rather than being on the ground. No one said nothing. Rookies are always aggressive.

It was a touch as soft as it can be, and immediately Marquez pulls out of track. That a tiny wire got unplugged and then the bike kicked is pure bad luck, but bike to bike touches like that you see 5 per race (if you look behind where riders are more packed).

Pedrosa is just frustrated because the rookie is beating him mercilessly. Like most of his teammates in Honda did before, by the way.

Translated from an Italian site...
http://www.gpone.com/2013092911642/Marquez-sotto-inchiesta-troppi-errori.html

Marc Marquez is under investigation by the Race Direction for the contact, minimal but potentially deadly, with Dani Pedrosa that caused the fall . We do not know what will be the outcome of the investigation , what is certain is that the current DG is so determined not to apply Article 21.1 of the Code of the FIM that, in fact , lends itself very little to interpretation.When in fact, the second paragraph reads " Riders must ride in a responsible manner Which does not cause danger to other competitors or participants" , the law refers to the legal concept of responsibility.In this case , subjective.But when a driver is responsible for a negligent action that caused damage to an opponent ?The answer is simple , when it has not taken all the measures to prevent it.That's why a contact between pilots during a duel can not be sanctioned . Both , in fact, may have contributed to the accident.In the case in question, however , the contact ( very slight , but such) is originated from a pilot error that followed , ie Marquez , that fact is long gone. In order , however, to spend less time as possible, however Marc has long set the curve , instead of raising the bike . Only the case ( and great control of the bike ) has avoided a collision .Here is explained simply the responsibility of Marc Marquez.And it is needless to mention the countless cases in which the Spanish phenomenon is incorporated similar incidents.This is what the Race Direction should detect . What will you do does not matter. Moreover, repeatedly , was allowed to infringe Article 1.21 paragraph 3: " Should use ONLY the laugh track and the pit lane ."This does not exclude the curbs , customarily considered part of the track , but their outdoor yes ... which curve and which circuit you brings to mind ?The show is one thing, respect for rules , another .Read more : http://www.gpone.com/2013092911642/Marquez-sotto-inchiesta-troppi-errori.html # ixzz2gKazTHDx

If now is not the time to slap him on the wrist to wake him up then when is?
When he's killed someone?
If it was a less prestigious rider they'd have been at least warned by now & possibly given an infringement...
I think it's a case of where in the field they usually run & how much money in sponsorship they bring to a team.

Translated from an Italian site...
http://www.gpone.com/2013092911642/Marquez-sotto-inchiesta-troppi-errori.html

Marc Marquez is under investigation by the Race Direction for the contact, minimal but potentially deadly, with Dani Pedrosa that caused the fall . We do not know what will be the outcome of the investigation , what is certain is that the current DG is so determined not to apply Article 21.1 of the Code of the FIM that, in fact , lends itself very little to interpretation.When in fact, the second paragraph reads " Riders must ride in a responsible manner Which does not cause danger to other competitors or participants" , the law refers to the legal concept of responsibility.In this case , subjective.But when a driver is responsible for a negligent action that caused damage to an opponent ?The answer is simple , when it has not taken all the measures to prevent it.That's why a contact between pilots during a duel can not be sanctioned . Both , in fact, may have contributed to the accident.In the case in question, however , the contact ( very slight , but such) is originated from a pilot error that followed , ie Marquez , that fact is long gone. In order , however, to spend less time as possible, however Marc has long set the curve , instead of raising the bike . Only the case ( and great control of the bike ) has avoided a collision .Here is explained simply the responsibility of Marc Marquez.And it is needless to mention the countless cases in which the Spanish phenomenon is incorporated similar incidents.This is what the Race Direction should detect . What will you do does not matter. Moreover, repeatedly , was allowed to infringe Article 1.21 paragraph 3: " Should use ONLY the laugh track and the pit lane ."This does not exclude the curbs , customarily considered part of the track , but their outdoor yes ... which curve and which circuit you brings to mind ?The show is one thing, respect for rules , another .Read more : http://www.gpone.com/2013092911642/Marquez-sotto-inchiesta-troppi-errori.html # ixzz2gKazTHDx

If now is not the time to slap him on the wrist to wake him up then when is?
When he's killed someone?
If it was a less prestigious rider they'd have been at least warned by now & possibly given an infringement...
I think it's a case of where in the field they usually run & how much money in sponsorship they bring to a team.

I agree. Yes, the kid is still learning, but he won't learn from this mistake until he's had some form of punishment for it.

I agree. Yes, the kid is still learning, but he won't learn from this mistake until he's had some form of punishment for it.

At the same time though this mistake would have only have ruined Marc's race pace if it wasn't for the extremely unlucky chance that it managed to break Dani's traction control, the kid is young and eager and yes a tad reckless, but he is exciting to watch, and to be fair there isnt many riders you can say that about anymore. Vale has had a few dodgy moments as well as any rider who actually "wants" to win the title bad enough, Dani and Jorge have both thrown themselves down the road enough times maybe they have been lucky to only take themselves out and not some other poor soul.
pushing to the edge is a dangerous thing and like Simo (r.i.p) sometimes that is at the expense of another rider
Senna and Schuey were both not strictly above board but they made F1 exciting, so why cant MotoGP have a couple of guys that go beyond for the fight.

All this thing has blown out completely out of proportion. Marquez had a touch with another bike in a turn and he was coming _from the outside_. This was not a crazy dive in the interior.

I don't discard some penalty, but not because I believe there was anything to punish, simply because lately racing rules are becoming a joke.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back