2013 Formula One Italian Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
No mate, you're talking outa your bum now. He's doing what he gets paid to do as well as he can, not his fault other people can't catch up, including his teammate.

Would you like to get booed at your job for breaking performance records etc.?

If I screwed my work mates like Vettel did I wouldn't expect to be very popular.

I don't like the booing, it is very football fan-like. F1 is a high class sport, you associate booing with losers. Notice only winners get booed.

The boo is the sound of working class jealousy, has been in every sport since day one. Winners get booed, Losers do the booing.

I had a little cheer when Vettel retired at Silverstone, because it was good to see, made the race interesting and I didn't want Vettel to win, but I wouldn't imagine booing him, 'cos I didn't want to stick myself in with the 10,00 absolute losers around me.

Can't understand people saying this was a boring race. I greatly enjoyed to the mid-field battles, Webber vs. Alonso, climbing up Raikkonen and Hamilton. Even the tension with "will Vettel's car make it to the finish?" was an entertainment.

With another victory, title is probably Vettel's now as most of the teams have to pay attention to much-changing 2014 cars. He has to make some big mistakes to lose.

Lotus might lose Raikkonen if they keep up like this. But things will change for them with the upcoming less high-speed circuits, hopefully.

HULKenberg smashed again! What a drive! Either Gutierrez is terrible, or he has some skills.

It is really interesting that some people still criticize Red Bull for favoring him, yet we have never seen Massa showing a glimpse of defensive stance towards Alonso, just like today. Not that i'm criticizing Ferrari, but people should learn that this kind of intra-team politics exist in every single team with apparently slower/faster team-mates.

For a constructor the only title that counts is the constructors' championship. Why would RBR favor Vettel over Webber as its the teams goal to get both drivers on the highest position in the rankings they can get?

Webbers' biggest disadvantage over Vettel is that he has messed up a significant amount of starts over the last two years and therefore is behind the rest when the race gets underway.

In 2010 the gap between both drivers was much smaller and I tend to believe that Vettel got better and more experienced over the years while Webber has reached an age that you don't make huge improvements anymore in your driving style and physical condition.

Really think Webber is an okay driver but he lost some of my respect today when he stood there in the victory room with his back turned to Vettel on purpose. Giving him a little handshake while Alonso got a hug resulting in Vettel jumping into Newey's arms and a brilliant TV shot of a confused Seb gazing out of the window staring at the crowd.

Those 15 - 20 seconds told a big story.

Again, few interesting fights. Thankfully for Lewis and Kimi bad luck or it could be boring race.:D I stopped watching after race finish last few races, as championship was over in Hungary. Every race weekend is like this: Saturday - Seb or Lewis(Nico), Sunday - Seb storms if Lewis isn't there, Webber starts after Caterham's and Marussia's, Alonso start to climb. Gets faster then Seb before 1st pit, then Ferrari takes Hard tyre and goes:thumbsdown: And it's like "wow Seb isn't much faster"... until last few laps when he starts to use higher gears.:roflmao:
I would love to see championship decides in Brazil but I believe if Vettel goes on holiday for 2-3 races he will get back with more then 25 points advantage and will win all races until the end.:whistling:

Again, few interesting fights. Thankfully for Lewis and Kimi bad luck or it could be boring race.:D I stopped watching after race finish last few races, as championship was over in Hungary. Every race weekend is like this: Saturday - Seb or Lewis(Nico), Sunday - Seb storms if Lewis isn't there, Webber starts after Caterham's and Marussia's, Alonso start to climb. Gets faster then Seb before 1st pit, then Ferrari takes Hard tyre and goes:thumbsdown: And it's like "wow Seb isn't much faster"... until last few laps when he starts to use higher gears.:roflmao:
I would love to see championship decides in Brazil but I believe if Vettel goes on holiday for 2-3 races he will get back with more then 25 points advantage and will win all races until the end.:whistling:

What? :p Only joking ;)

But how could the Championship be over in Hungary, when Hamilton won there? ;)

For a constructor the only title that counts is the constructors' championship. Why would RBR favor Vettel over Webber as its the teams goal to get both drivers on the highest position in the rankings they can get?

Webbers' biggest disadvantage over Vettel is that he has messed up a significant amount of starts over the last two years and therefore is behind the rest when the race gets underway.

In 2010 the gap between both drivers was much smaller and I tend to believe that Vettel got better and more experienced over the years while Webber has reached an age that you don't make huge improvements anymore in your driving style and physical condition.

Really think Webber is an okay driver but he lost some of my respect today when he stood there in the victory room with his back turned to Vettel on purpose. Giving him a little handshake while Alonso got a hug resulting in Vettel jumping into Newey's arms and a brilliant TV shot of a confused Seb gazing out of the window staring at the crowd.

Those 15 - 20 seconds told a big story.
I was neither suggesting that Webber is better than Vettel, nor that RB gives him a worse car. I was more talking about the team management. It's like Webber said on the podium in Malaysia "Seb will have protection like always." And from a team point of view there is nothing wrong with it, but then why are they constantly denying that there is a No.1 and No. 2 driver in the team. Do they really think anyone pays that?

I was neither suggesting that Webber is better than Vettel, nor that RB gives him a worse car. I was more talking about the team management. It's like Webber said on the podium in Malaysia "Seb will have protection like always." And from a team point of view there is nothing wrong with it, but then why are they constantly denying that there is a No.1 and No. 2 driver in the team. Do they really think anyone pays that?
Red Bull is an energy drinks brand which is using F1 to project a certain image.
Many of the people watching don't tune in for every race and aren't aware of every small nuance that is going on. For example, in Germany, the average, watches-a-race-once-in-a-while person thinks that Vettel is a perfectly good gentleman and the best driver in the field :p Marketing is directed at those people, not at us hardcore fans.

Vettel is the best driver, and I think he proved that quite profoundly to the mad tifosi :roflmao:.

Seriously, I think it was ridiculously stupid, absurd, and immature of them to boo him. Even in football that doesn't happen (civilized football). Bunch of biased losers who can't enjoy a sport that is, on a fundamental level, based on objectivity and the constant search for perfection. If you can't enjoy the absolute and stunning (to me) beauty of science and sportsmanship co-existing, then go watch a bloody show or something.

I actually saw someone say that Vettel ins't really good because he starts from pole position so often.... Jesus Christ of Nazareth; as if pole's decided from a lottary :thumbsdown:.

Last edited:
I have been telling that myself for years as well but I came to the point where I don't believe it anymore. There is a growing group of people (both on the race tracks as online) that do not know how to behave themselves and act everything but civil or high class.

I try to keep telling myself.

Off to see Rush on Friday so I can keep believing it for longer :rolleyes:

Our Aussie race drivers know how to deal with booing fans. The famous (or infamous) Jim Richards speech to booing fans at Bathurst:

Incidently, a huge number of fans turned up at the following year's Bathurst event wearing shirts saying:
"I'm an a***hole, Jim Richards told me so".

Most Aussies don't take themselves too seriously. ;)

Last edited:
What? :p Only joking ;)

But how could the Championship be over in Hungary, when Hamilton won there? ;)
Vettel finished the race in Hungary in front off Alonso, it was over 99%. I like Kimi and Lewis but onlyone who could challenge this season is Fernando. Kimi is consistent with car that can't win against Vettel and Red Bull, and Lewis... I'm amazed with his bad-luck with mech failures.:( Ferrari is pretty fast in race but starting from back doesn't help. After Seb winning on Spa and Monza it's 101% over.

I couldn't care less whether I'd get booed or not. You have to have thick skin if you're in such a high profile job. Just because players are booed in Football doesn't mean that F1 is any different. How come football players can get booed but F1 drivers can't? I never liked him and Malaysia proved my point why I didn't.

Ted Kravitz asked a fan after the race at Silverstone, "Why the cheers when Vettel retired?"

The fan replied "Simple. Multi 21."

I bet you that same fan supports Alonso... Hypocrite much? :roflmao:

Indeed Tom. And the best thing is the way he takes it in his stride, like he expected it.

And it probably just fuels him more for the next race...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back