1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2013 Formula One Italian Grand Prix

Discussion in 'Formula 1 Race Comments' started by Hampus Andersson, Aug 28, 2013.

Who will win the Italian Grand Prix?

Poll closed Sep 5, 2013.
  1. Hamilton

23 vote(s)
  2. Rosberg

5 vote(s)
  3. Vettel

29 vote(s)
  4. Webber

3 vote(s)
  5. Alonso

49 vote(s)
  6. Massa

6 vote(s)
  7. Raikkonen

13 vote(s)
  8. Grosjean

2 vote(s)
  9. Button

2 vote(s)
  10. Perez

1 vote(s)
  11. Someone else

2 vote(s)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [​IMG]
    Monza is regarded by many as the embodiment of Formula One racing. Not only is it a fantastic example of a track that combines speed with skill, it also has a heart and soul all of its own. It has seen some of the finest races of all time, but also some of the sport's worst accidents. The names of great drivers and the sounds of engines from years gone by linger in the grand old trees surrounding the track in the royal park.

Work began on the circuit in 1922 and was completed in under six months. After Brooklands in the UK and Indianapolis in the USA, it was the third permanent race track in existence. With a banked oval incorporated into the design of the road racing circuit, the total track length stood at a whopping 10 kilometres.

The list of famous victories and horrifying crashes is long, and all combine to make Monza one of the most magical places on the Formula One calendar. For many there is nowhere that encapsulates the sport better than this circuit. The Italians call it 'La Pista Magica', the magic track, a description few would disagree with.

Read the full Italian Grand Prix preview here:
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2013
  2. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

My vote goes to Rosberg (again). Will be an easy pole and victory for him at the Cathedral of Speed :)
  3. I'm going with Alonso. They had the pace last year and probably would have gotten pole and won if not for the suspension problem in Q3.
    They already had good pace in the dry at Spa and as always, Ferrari will probably bring big upgrades to Monza to prop up their form in front of the Tifosi.
  4. Chris Jenkins

Chris Jenkins
    Driving til the wheels fall off

I reeeeaallly hope this race is more entertaining than Spa.
    It was worrying to see a Red Bull sail past a Merc on the straights last weekend.
  5. Vettel will win.... sorry to say it too. The Mercs will be the ones in Qualifying again.

Hopefully we will see McLaren up there too.
  6. I´m guessing it´s another Alonso, Hamilton and Vettel podium.
    Hopefully Vettel is on the lowest step of the podium.
  7. Mercedes had the wrong aero package. Red Bull banked on dry and it was.
    Had it been wet it would have been a different story.
  8. I just have to hope it's Alonso...

As far as I know their big package is planned for Singapore but maybe they bring some extra low downforce bits and pieces.
    They had a low downforce rear wing for Spa, but if I'm correct only Massa raced it.
  9. Yea every team will definitely bring a Monza spec package.

There´s low downforce and then there´s monza low downforce :)
  10. Not about Winner but GVG at P3 in Q1 again :p
  11. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Wow seems the majority votes are in favor of Alonso. Based on what exactly is that? Home advantage only?
  12. Last year. Alonso might have snatched pole last year if it wasn´t for his car breaking down.
  13. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    Keep Yoga real Premium Member

Well ill support my man Button through thick and thin,
    might not have a hope in hell with the car he has, but that's not important
    You never know what can happen in a race, pigs might also fly :)
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Qazdar Karim

Qazdar Karim
    Premium Member

I say this time : (i voted hamilton)

Alonso - Hamilton - Kimi - Rosberg (these are the guys of top4 in alphabetic order)

The red bulls are not known for their top speed ... but ,they will be in the top 5 for sure :D
  15. That didn't really bother them in 2011.
  16. Chris Jenkins

Chris Jenkins
    Driving til the wheels fall off

I wonder if Ferrari will do their usual qualifying trick of sending the drivers out 4-5 seconds apart to create a tow on the back & main straights.
  17. Someone announcing that they have important news to share is the best indication that they don't. If it was actually important you wouldn't need to raise people's attention to it.

It's going to be some random charity event/new sponsor/samurai tweet etc.
  18. Or Probably his GF was pregnant.
  19. Bjorn de Haas

Bjorn de Haas
    Premium Member

Going to this gp:) flight leaves Friday morning
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.