2013 Formula One Chinese Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
It´s a double edged sword for Pirelli.

Go hardcore and you get people not wanting to run the option in Quali, get the guys who will run the option to only go out once per session but more stops in the race.

Take the conservative route, good quali, plenty of running, all top teams run options but the race will have less stops.

Unless you get it absolutely spot on in terms of tire choice to bring to the track one of the two will suffer, either Quali or Race.

S1

24.604 - Raikkonen
24.796 - Hamilton
24.875 - Rosberg
24.963 - Grosjean
25.019 - Alonso

S2

28.287 - Massa
28.293 - Hamilton
28.305 - Rosberg
28.384 - Alonso
28.384 - Vettel

S3

41.362 - Alonso
41.395 - Hamilton
41.547 - Raikkonen
41.624 - Rosberg
41.626 - Massa

Pole sitter not fastest in any of the sectors but the car doesn´t seem to have any weakness in any of the sectors staying 2nd and 3rd for nearly all three sectors.

Speedtrap

319.8 - Rosberg
319.4 - Hamilton
319.0 - Ricciardo
319.0 - Massa
318.7 - Vergne
318.4 - Alonso
317.6 - di Resta
317.5 - Sutil
310.2 - Vettel
309.8 - Webber

Quite the difference, i wonder if Red Bull won´t start having troubles on the back straight on the opening laps due to this.

Unless you get it absolutely spot on in terms of tire choice to bring to the track one of the two will suffer, either Quali or Race.
On some tracks it might be even impossible to chose the "perfect" tire compounds with the ones Pirelli have prepared for this season. For instance: they're now using soft and medium compounds and the soft tires turned out to be TOO soft. However, medium and hard tires would've probably been TOO hard and most teams would most likely go for a one stop strategy.
To get it JUST right, Pirelli would have to design a few more compounds (well, three would be enough :D), to fill the gaps between some of the current ones. This way we'd get a "softish" compound that's exactly between the softs and mediums in terms of grip and lifespan. And it's not like Pirelli couldn't do it, it's just a matter of who's going to pay for that...

Right, so there are two things I want to say.

Webber has been quite unlucky so far this season. He qualified well in Australia and the clutch problem at the start really messed up his race to be fair. I reckon he could have finished higher than he did. And I guess you could say that he was unlucky to lose to victory in Malaysia, as he did not know Vettel would attack him. And again today in China. He was looking quite competitive, but now he starts from the back. Webber has started this season pretty well I think. It will be interesting to see how he performs tomorrow from the back of the grid.

It's great that Hamilton has got pole and the Merc is looking very good. But Hamilton moved to Mercedes primarily focusing on the regulation changes in 2014. I just think it's important to remember that.

I also find it interesting that he beat the Caterham by 9 tenths on the track with the longest straight. Makes me wonder how good the Coswoth engine really is. Because if it really is the worst engine on the grid, that would mean that aerodynamically, the Marussia is over 1 second better than the Caterham o.O

The Cossie isn't low on power, but it has worse driveability and it loses more power compared to the other engines when it get's used.
Cossies strong points where on the highest revs. That kinda went away with the rev.limiter.

Alberto Casado overtake? ;P

ok so we're almost ready to go, laptop - check / hot choclate - check! big TV on - check!

let's go go go!

wish i could update you guys with pictures like previous seasons, but now im watching all races on tv not the pc anymore. :( :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes