• "I don't know." - Generic Kimi Quotes.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. There's no such thing as a stupid question.

2013 Formula One Chinese Grand Prix

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by RaceDepartment, Apr 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RaceDepartment

RaceDepartment
    Administrator Staff

Ratings:
    +913
    View the Post on the Blog

• Like Like x 3
  2. Diego Lopez

Diego Lopez

Ratings:
    +288
    1st!

another weekend of drama and setting alarms.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Bram

Bram
    #27 | Roaring Pipes Maniacs Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +15,998
    2nd. Do I get champaign too?

Poll is here btw guys! Voted for Jenson Button. Expecting a strong return from McLaren Team this weekend.

Welcome back insomnia :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Kartik Sri Harsha

Kartik Sri Harsha

Ratings:
    +599
    A Little correction Last year Pole time was 1:35.121

5. Diego Lopez

Diego Lopez

Ratings:
    +288
    wonder how much that Chinese smug is going to clog up all the radiators and peoples lungs over the weekend.

by far the most air polluted place in the world. Wouldn't go even with full paid plane and race tickets, gimme a Hazmat suit first.

6. Shane Butler

Shane Butler

Ratings:
    +749
    China is one of the most under-rated tracks on the calendar. We've had some great races over the last few years.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Hampus Andersson

Hampus Andersson

Ratings:
    +3,773
  8. Dan Hawkins

Dan Hawkins

Ratings:
    +830
    Is it actually really that bad over there? I've heard it is and it isn't, but an obvious sign is the locals always wearing masks....
    Nice find Hampus!

9. Shane Butler

Shane Butler

Ratings:
    +749
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Antony Snook

Antony Snook

Ratings:
    +14
    Probably going to be a monsoon race weekend. I am in Canada so i will not get the live feed so don't wine to much if you do.

11. Hampus Andersson

Hampus Andersson

Ratings:
    +3,773
    :laugh:

12. Qazdar Karim

Qazdar Karim

Ratings:
    +548
    next year's pole 1:38 and so on :p

13. Johnny Russian

Johnny Russian

Ratings:
    +177
    i've been living in South Korea since February this year, and we have been getting a lot of this stuff called 'yellow dust' recently in Korea which blows in from the deserts around China every spring when it gets really windy. this dust is filled with all sorts of nasty pollutants like sulpher.

when it gets really windy i have actually resorted to wearing one of those masks myself. it surprised me at first, but you can actually really feel the yellow dust in your throat and chest. i would walk down the street coughing a lot, but when i had my Michael Jackson mask on, it was a lot better.

never been to China so not sure how much actual pollution there is there besides the yellow dust, but i would imagine it to be quite bad.

wiki article on the 'yellow dust' if anyone's interested

EDIT: just read the article Hampus posted on Hamilton's illness, i wouldn't be surprised if it was from the yellow dust, especially considering Hamilton has been suffering eye and nose irritations. that dust can also make you sick :(

14. Bram

Bram
    #27 | Roaring Pipes Maniacs Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +15,998
    Unacceptable! Bring on the rain!

[​IMG]

15. Shane Butler

Shane Butler

Ratings:
    +749
    Facinating post! Never thought that pollution was so bad in that part of the world. And poor Lewis. Hope he is well up to speed for the weekend and he can get over his illness.

16. Alberto Casado

Alberto Casado

Ratings:
    +788
    I was 3 months in Beijing, pollution is _very_ bad, lots of dirty heating (coal, wood...), rather low standards for car emissions compared to Europe. The fresh snow would only take a couple of days to get a salt&pepper aspect from atmospheric black particles depositing over it.

And then when you got a dust storm... well, those days you simply stay away from the street and put a wet cloth under the windows and door.

Not a good place for your lungs, definitely.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Diego Lopez

Diego Lopez

Ratings:
    +288
    http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/201...-pollution-linked-to-millions-of-early-deaths

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pollution_in_China

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-12595872

http://www.china-mike.com/facts-about-china/facts-pollution-environment-energy/

http://www.treehugger.com/corporate...ution-twice-the-officially-listed-levels.html

I could care less about the environment, but that's why I avoid it and not live in such a place.

18. Hampus Andersson

Hampus Andersson

Ratings:
    +3,773
    [​IMG]

19. Metalfreaky

Metalfreaky

Ratings:
    +232
    I'm curious about Ferrari's big update package. Hope it will improve qualifying speed a little bit.

20. Diego Lopez

Diego Lopez

Ratings:
    +288
    Same

im also curious, about the scripted lines Webber has been told to memorize to answer the questions he will get over the weekend. I wonder if that's what he's been doing all night :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.