2013 Formula One Canadian Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was pretty obvious. Lewis was driving less than a second behind him for like 10 corners before the backstraight, unable to get by, with Alonso closing right up.

Good drive by Bottas to be honest, when he defended against Alonso and Räikkönen he seemed to have the car under control. not like certain other people.

He kept his cool and brought the car home in the best possible position, given that the Williams is just slow. That kind of stuff leaves a good impression.

A good race, a few nice battles (even with DRS it wasn't ridiculously easy to pass unless the driver in front made a mistake) and lapped cars being silly everywhere. Vettel was just on his own world, and Mercedes weren't as bad on the tyres as expected. A good race by Massa and Di Resta too.

Sebastian+Vettel+Canadian+F1+Grand+Prix+HXGxEn06pc4x.jpg

Watching F1 on prime time is so fun especially with another fantastic Canadian GP! :) Mid-field was amazing. Alonso vs. Webber then Alonso vs. Hamilton duels were greatly exciting. But all in all, Vettel drove like a machine again.

I think Force India conducted a secret tyre test too :D Di Resta pitted just because it was mandatory to change tyres! :O_o:

Also, if Sutil was penalised, why Massa or Raikkonen were not? Raikkonen held Vettel massively while Massa helped Alonso to come closer to Hamilton. Rubbish inconsistency by FIA.

I'm getting sick of this. Just 'cause Vettel wins easily, doesn't mean the whole race is boring. If Alonso does the same, it's a great race.

When Alonso does it he usually does it from 3-6th on the grid overtaking half the field on the way, quite different from starting pole and sailing away. No disrespect to Vettel, he drove his rocket ship like a champ. Just wish their machinery was closer.

Watching F1 on prime time is so fun especially with another fantastic Canadian GP! :) Mid-field was amazing. Alonso vs. Webber then Alonso vs. Hamilton duels were greatly exciting. But all in all, Vettel drove like a machine again.

I think Force India conducted a secret tyre test too :D Di Resta pitted just because it was mandatory to change tyres! :O_o:

Also, if Sutil was penalised, why Massa or Raikkonen were not? Raikkonen held Vettel massively while Massa helped Alonso to come closer to Hamilton. Rubbish inconsistency by FIA.

Massa only held up Hamilton for one corner, he actually was fine. I agree, Raikkonen did poor but Sutil was worse.

That booing was a complete lack of respect towards a triple world champion. I hope it was just an open microphone somewhere near Alonso supporters or something.

Circuit Gilles Villeneuve is a great track. The drivers and the fans love it. But there is a reason why the son of the man this track was named after recently went public to say why he left Quebec and the booing of Vettel is just another example of the mindset of these fools. You have to understand the mindset of Quebecers. When their team loses they riot. When they win they riot. They live within a "Culture of Entitlement" and before someone says I am just some redneck westerner, I grew up in Quebec. I lived in Montreal for 18 years and the best thing I ever did was leave that cancerous province.

Congrats to Vettel and Red Bull for their win. Yes Vettel is in the best car but he also shone yesterday during the slippery qualifying sessions, so his success is more than just because of the car he is driving. Giedo van der Garde cost Webber a shot at the podium today and without a doubt Kovalainen was a million times better than van der Garde is. Could Webber have been able to stay in front of Alonso if the Aussie's car was never damaged? We will never know, the Ferrari is definitely a strong car on Sundays. But good battles between Alonso and Hamilton at the end of the race. A disappointing result for Bottas and Williams. As an old school fan of Williams, it's sad to see the British team not able to compete at the front of the field anymore. But Bottas does look better than Maldonado and Williams isn't the only British team who is struggling. Maybe Hamilton knew something last year we are only learning this season when he decided to leave McLaren.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back