2013 Formula One Canadian Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its odd though, he was blamed for the contact, I'd agree that he did ignore blue flags a number of times and to different extents. If thats the case you penalise him for that, not for what they ended up giving him the penalty for.

I think I've got an issue with the wording, or they way it was handled rather than the punishment it's self.

Circuit Gilles Villeneuve is a great track. The drivers and the fans love it. But there is a reason why the son of the man this track was named after recently went public to say why he left Quebec and the booing of Vettel is just another example of the mindset of these fools. You have to understand the mindset of Quebecers. When their team loses they riot. When they win they riot. They live within a "Culture of Entitlement" and before someone says I am just some redneck westerner, I grew up in Quebec. I lived in Montreal for 18 years and the best thing I ever did was leave that cancerous province.

I live in this beautiful province and I find your post insulting. So to you, if a few jackasses act like a-holes, the entire population is categorized as cancerous? If so, good riddance.

I must admit I haven't had any nice experiences in Quebec either when I was there, with one exception: Montreal :) Really liked that international atmosphere and the Indian Summer :inlove:

So the wordings he used are over the top but that province itself compared to Ontario, Manitoba, Alberta and BC where I have been is just weird and the people I met were acting exactly like some French people do in Europe: They refuse to understand you in English and even when you try 150% in French (accept that since 1800 French is no longer a world language and hardly anybody speaks it) you can't get stuff done.

"Two Labatts Blue Please"
"Non, Je ne comprends pas" (shakes head)
"Deux Labatts Blue svp"
"Non, Je ne comprends pas!!!" (irritated/semi-aggressive)

After literally putting the beer bottle in front of the waiter's face he then really responds aggressive:
"Ah oui, Deux Labatts BLEU Monsieur" (repeats 2x, like you are the idiot here)

Well screw you mr waiter, ill drink my beer somewhere else then :)

All of Canada: bi-lingual road signs. Quebec: French only
All of Canada: Cool American cars. Quebec: French and Japanese cars only
All of Canada: Maple Leaf flags on some houses. Quebec: Province flag in every freaking garden of every house lol. No Maple Leafs at all.

Quebec: Never again / Jamais plus :thumbsup:

A good Grand Prix weekend, although not the best one. Vettel is on his way for his 4th consecutive title and he is definitely the best driver, but he still has to 'grow up' a bit, so to speak. But for me, the guy who impressed me the most this weekend is Toro Rosso's Jean-Eric Vergne. Definitely his best performance ever.

Terrible news indeed, poor bloke. Got to feel for the marshal in the mobile crane..

Like I said before they really should of just left that car there, there was only 4 laps to go and I was pretty shocked to see marshals and that mobile crane trundle along the grass at the exit of the pitlane, that was qutie dangerous stuff considering cars have spun off sideways through the 1-2 turn complex before and that Sauber was I think pretty fine where it was.

I think they did the right thing, moving the car.

There were a few drivers battling for position in those last few laps, so having a yellow sector and because of it's position DRS was also disabled, the race outcome could have been effected. So clearing the car seems correct IMHO

Either way, the car would of had to be transported away at sometime, just a freak accident that no one could of anticipated. Not something that can be really fixed im afraid.

Can't imagine what must be going through the head of the marshal who drove the crane.
What a terrible ending to a good racing weekend. R.I.P.

/E: I also think it was the right thing to do. You shouldn't forget that the crash structure of an F1 car is mainly designed for an impact with some kind of barrier and not to hit a standing car.

Read around some more and found a few quite awful pictures. It seems like the incident happend after the race, just before the podium celebrations, the group of marshals were moving the car back to the pits when the incident happened, few fans have said that medics were on the scene within 5 minutes.

Can't imagine what must be going through the head of the marshal who drove the crane.

Same thing for Gutierrez. He must be thinking something along the lines of: "If I hadn't crashed the car, the guy would still be alive..."

Probably going to lead to calls for stricter safety standards, but I honestly don't think this can be prevented. Accidents like these just occasionally happen when operating heavy machinery :(

Great race.

Ferrari need to find some one lap pace so Alonso won't have to fight to break into the podium and can instead be fighting for the win. It's what they struggled with last year and continue to struggle with this year. If they don't start qualifying in the top three or four then Vettel might very well run away with the title.

Strong showing from Bottas throughout the weekend. I didn't really expect him to hang in there when he passed onto Q3, I thought he'd be lucky to be 7th or 8th but to come out 3rd was a really great result. Williams has obviously had a horrid year so he really didn't have the race pace to contend with the front runners.

Good race from Jev as well, todays result was a little of a jab back at Ricciardo after Ricciardo had most of the attention after Shanghai.

Terrible day for McLaren, Button was really downbeat in the post-race interviews. Their points-finishing streak ended today as well. Button said that they've never been as bad this season as they were this entire weekend and it showed.

Bad behavior from the crowd booing Vettel with such passion when he was on the podium, they could've at least tried to show sportsmanship and cheer him. It was a hard fought race and he came out the winner, not sure what there is to boo about that.

Sad to hear about the accident regarding the marshal, I saw the crane holding the car up during the podium ceremony, it could be seen from certain angles but I never saw any ambulances or anything from any of the shots.

I've seen a few images of before and after the incident. I'd rather not show the images but the incident was pretty odd.

The crane was moving the car back to the pit lane, The marshal who has passed away was walking infront of the crane holding onto the rear of the Sauber to keep the car level/from swinging about and thats when it seems he lost his balance as he attempted to pick up his radio when the incident happend.

I agree with Markus its just one of those accidents that can happen, and I've found it quite remarkable that we havn't had something like this before, considering the amount of cranes, trucks and forklifts around the paddock and pitlane area.

I used to joke around that one day Ted Kravits is going to get a serious knock while doing his post race notebook as the teams are packing up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 232 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 8.0%