2012 UEFA European Championship

Oh come on...

The British refree will be in the final.

Platini said that because Spain and Germany are recognised as the best teams at this moment.

Is like if somebody asks me in 2011 who will won the next GP, I would say Vettel.

There were refree mistakes in every game this year, look at England - Ucrania...

But again, if you are playing a unfair tournament, retire as protest.

Everybody speaks about Ronaldo, but I think today will be Nani's day!
nani.jpg

Exactly, and then they are supposed to be the two favourited teams, and they have this huge disadventage.

Are you 2 for real?! :giggle: :roflmao:

The Spanish squad may have less rest than the Portuguese, but in regards to the German squad, it is the other way around: the Italians, not the favourites, have 2 days less to freshen up than they have. The last 1/4 match was England vs Italy, was it not?

As for conspiracy...No one knew who would fill in those positions for the semi-finals. No conspiracy possible here.

The referee being Turkish was planned by the UEFA masterminds.

Then there's Ángel Villar LLona, chairman of UEFA Referees' Committee and Vice-President of UEFA.

Und finally, there's Mr. Platini, who has said again and again he preferred/wanted a Spanish vs Germany final - the President of UEFA or FIFA should never have a "preference" (much like asking Balestre who did he want to win the F1 champ'ship back then, Senna or Prost? We all know what he did.)

Ah, but following Peter Duivelaar(who seemed serious)...

But anyway, may the best team (on the pitch) win. There's enough controversy already surrounding UEFA, FIFA and football.

To be fair: neither team played to their fullest today. If Spain doesn't improve and Germany is advancing...oh boy, that's going to be a hard game for Spain. :S

Well, bad 90 minutes from both teams.

I think Spain shoot at least 3 or 4 times on goal with a great Rui Patricio.

Penalties... a lottery, but I think what they did to Alves was so bad, made tmhim walk two times thinking to the goal...

Well, bad 90 minutes from both teams.

I think Spain shoot at least 3 or 4 times on goal with a great Rui Patricio.

Penalties... a lottery, but I think what they did to Alves was so bad, made tmhim walk two times thinking to the goal...

:rolleyes:

Yeah...poor Portugal, defending, defending, defending, Ronaldo didn't either have a chance, Nani wasn't stopped 2 times with the ref's consent, Spain had like 75% ball possession...

Truth is only one, and all commentators from ESPN to the BBC to 2 Mexican TV sportscasts agreed: Portugal was intelligent, did good, failing only (as usual) in the last 20 meters.

Spain was intermittent, lacked the X-factor (ESPN words).

An intense match.

And last but no least, the Portuguese squad played against the European and World champs in equal footing. Nothing to be ashamed of, considering many teams around the world have been smashed to bits by La Roja.

Now, on to the Italians vs the super-efficient German squad. From where I stand, the Germans will reach the finals because they're the ultimate killing machine.

The spanish sparkle, the one brought by my Barça's core and Pep's concepts is gone.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 137 86.2%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 26 16.4%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 24 15.1%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 19 11.9%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 49 30.8%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 56 35.2%