2012 Formula One Monaco Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
yawning-yawning-demotivational-poster-1247268498.jpg

The moaning still goes on about Pirelli Tyres.... they wanted more exciting races and now they got it, their moaning about the tyres ruined the races and the drivers not going 100% full out in races, so they be more conservative to save tyres in Qualifying and Race... the moaning continues.
Pirelli-check-tyres_2753638.jpg

1310480585093.jpg

It will be interesting to see how Pérez will fare... Actually his first time taking part in the race, he might look good too.

I wonder who said the car favours fast tracks...

Yves Larose

Premium
i'm like Dino it will be either Kimi or Fernando, i think the Lotus (Renault) have the strongest package for the track. the Renault engine is the right engine for the track and Lotus seems to have a car that have good mechanical grip which is require for that track. As for Alonso well i think the car is not there yet but it got alot better since the start of the season and look at what Alonso have accoumplished at the start of the season with a car that wasn't there at all so his skills might do the difference here.

Bram

RaceDepartment Founder
Staff
Premium
I voted for Schumi (like every other week) but I fear we will see The Finger on the P1 spot again. Don't need top speed through the streets of Monte Carlo but some downforce is essential, hence a RBR win I think.

i'm like Dino it will be either Kimi or Fernando, i think the Lotus (Renault) have the strongest package for the track. the Renault engine is the right engine for the track and Lotus seems to have a car that have good mechanical grip which is require for that track. As for Alonso well i think the car is not there yet but it got alot better since the start of the season and look at what Alonso have accoumplished at the start of the season with a car that wasn't there at all so his skills might do the difference here.
Exactly !! kimi or alonso for win !! but we shouldnt ignore the mclarens !!

So far we've had 5 races, 5 winners, 5 teams. That means only one thing... Kimi FTW!
But seriously I hope this year's tires will be remembered as the "random tires".

If the poll is right then we might see a shoot-out in Q3 :)

I´m also expecting the low nose and possibly even the snow plough to do a comeback here.
I think they take lower CoG and more front downforce here then wanting feed the rear diffuser with the high nose.

Vettel, unfortunately. The characteristics of the RB8 are perfect for this track. So if Vettel screws it up somehow, then Webber.
I'd love a Schumacher win of course, but the car was terrible in Monaco last year, it probably still is AND he's got a five-place grid penalty, which is just too much on this track. Not gonna happen :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 84 19.4%
  • €151-500

Votes: 119 27.5%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 71 16.4%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 37 8.5%
  • €1501-3000