2012 Formula One Malaysian Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huh? Makes no sense, Sepang has 2 back-to-back straights that are perfect for 2 DRS zones.

It goes against logic (compared to Aus), but the less we see of DRS the better.

But my view is that they must release the DRS zones for all tracks before the season starts, because, as someone said, it is possible that for instance the guys who decide the zones don't like Schumacher/Rosberg, and they see what happens in Aus, and suddenly say 'we can't have that'...

Hopefully it rains so DRS will be redundant anyway - I really don't like the fakeness of it all.

He´s just never had a championship winning car and is arguably one of the fastest one-lap drivers in the history of Formula 1.
He did extremely good against Alonso in the first half of 2004 until Briatore kicked him off the team.

He was a very quick driver in qualifying, and not too bad in the races. He did start the season 2004 well and matched Alonso, however he failed to score points in the second half of the season which was one of the reasons he got the boot (though the inter-team politics played a role, once again Alonso involved :p ).

As for the race, Im interested in HRT, seriously those guys have spent two seasons making absolutley no progression (unlike the other two) and whilst I think they will make the grid, I wonder how far off the rest of the field they will be......

Well, I can't say I like the DRS, but it's kind of a neccesary evil.

As for HRT, well, this year they have gone through big changes, so I'd consider them basically a new team. Hard to do any progress when you've had to scrap almost everything from last season. If they qualify, they should be able to fight the Marussias at least.

And if I'm not mistaken, Trulli was actually ahead of Alonso when he got fired. Speaking of Trulli:

http://www.f1zone.net/news/report-links-trulli-with-massas-ferrari-race-seat/13136/

Italian magazine Autosprint suggests Trulli as Massa's replacement.

See? He's not a bad driver, he just never had a winning car.

And still he put toyotas, jordans, renaults on pole or front row.
Too bad he will be remembered by young guns as the guy who complainef about power steering.
(some of which thinks he lied about it)

With that said, if he has a weakness then it's race pace.
But i think he would take every single pole in an RB7 had he been driving for RBR.

Yeah but he was still racing with the team for another 5 races in which he failed to score any points whatsoever....even if there was bad blood, he was still with the team up until that point.

Yes, under normal circumstances, but apparently the fallout was so bad that Briatore wanted to make him look so bad that there was sabotage - to justify him being kicked. Could be true, could be false, but it's believable, knowing Briatore...

And I'm not fending for anyone - not a fan of Briatore nor Trulli to be honest.

And still he put toyotas, jordans, renaults on pole or front row..

Yep, excellent qualy pace. But he is also the man that unveiled himself during an interview that his weak spot is his full race concentration. That was a really smart thing to tell to the press :)

Maybe he should go racing sprint races in the WTCC instead but certainly not return to F1. Can't imagine Ferrari hiring him tbh unless they are really desperate to get an Italian on the grid. In that case I opt for Emerson Fittipaldi. Then we have at least an even older driver than MSC!

220px-Emerson_Fittipaldi.jpg

Yep, excellent qualy pace. But he is also the man that unveiled himself during an interview that his weak spot is his full race concentration. That was a really smart thing to tell to the press :)

Maybe he should go racing sprint races in the WTCC instead but certainly not return to F1. Can't imagine Ferrari hiring him tbh unless they are really desperate to get an Italian on the grid. In that case I opt for Emerson Fittipaldi. Then we have at least an even older driver than MSC!

220px-Emerson_Fittipaldi.jpg

Wasn't he Brazilian?

FIA confirms Mercedes rear-wing F-duct legal

The FIA has once again deemed Mercedes rear-wing F-duct concept legal, despite complaints from Lotus and Red Bull to the contrary.
The device uses the DRS wing to reveal small openings in the rear-wing endplates when active, which directs air either to the front of the car to stall the front-wing, or out the rear to stall the rear-wing - both resulting in extra straight line-speed.

With the DRS wing being activated by driver movement, both Lotus and Red Bull believe it contravenes the regulation which stipulates a driver cannot influence the cars aerodynamics. However the FIA's Charlie Whiting disagrees.
"It is completely passive," he said last weekend. "There are no moving parts in it; it doesn't interact with any suspension. No steering, nothing. Therefore I cannot see a rule that prohibits it."

Discussions between the FIA, Mercedes, Lotus and Red Bull have taken place in Malaysia on Thursday, with the governing body deeming the concept legal once again.

source

how
Its obvious who Ferrari should go for. Yuji Ide is available, has F1 experience, and will win them the championship.

how can you be that bad with Traction Control :confused:

FIA confirms Mercedes rear-wing F-duct legal

The FIA has once again deemed Mercedes rear-wing F-duct concept legal, despite complaints from Lotus and Red Bull to the contrary.
The device uses the DRS wing to reveal small openings in the rear-wing endplates when active, which directs air either to the front of the car to stall the front-wing, or out the rear to stall the rear-wing - both resulting in extra straight line-speed.

With the DRS wing being activated by driver movement, both Lotus and Red Bull believe it contravenes the regulation which stipulates a driver cannot influence the cars aerodynamics. However the FIA's Charlie Whiting disagrees.

Discussions between the FIA, Mercedes, Lotus and Red Bull have taken place in Malaysia on Thursday, with the governing body deeming the concept legal once again.

source

LoL Mr. Newey QQ Moar brah!? lol noob!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back