2012 Formula One Malaysian Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
i tend to agree....driving these two cuircuts is nothing alike....u need good amount of downforce for Malasya ,whereas China is more about mechanical grip and u only have a coulpe of sections that require some downforce but not much...in other words the difference between the two is that in Malasya u can get away with a slower speed car as long as u are fast in the high speed corners,whereas China will get u, if you dont address the long straight

in a nutshell: very different car set up from one to the other

Predictions:

-Massa will crash with Rosberg (yellow helmet, mistakes him with Hamilton). This might or might not happen while being lapped.
-HRT will start their glorious rush to the WCC. They are still in time to win it!
-Maldonado will try to overtake the Safety Car while it sits in the pit lane, and wreck it.
-Kimi will take a dump and miss the start. Still, he'll finnish in top 10.

T1-T2 share the same traits but are two completely different corners.

Malaysia - brake before the corner, glide through at low speed.
Shanghai, almost flat entering the downshift and bra for a long time until you are almost standing still then power out.

Shanghai is a technical track, Malaysia more high speed flowing track.

1. Tight right hander followed by tight left hander followed by right hander and straight. - very similar looking
2. Short straight followed my tight right hander
3. Short straight followed by a Mickey Mouse section
4. After the Mickey Mouse another short straight heading to a hairpin
5. Long straight hairpin start/finish straight :p
Didn't know Tilke build the Nürburgring GP layout :)

OK I'm going to go out on a limb here and predict that the cars that are strongest in Sepang will be the Constructor Champions.
Whereas Melbourne is a point and shoot type track with reasonably high speeds and slow corners the Malaysian track is totally different.
Its med -high speed corner combinations such as 5-6 and 9-10 require a car to be soo balanced and offer excellent mid corner grip that there is nowhere to hide.
Some corners tend to want to unbalance the car.
Yes the straights are long but a good handling car will be in the slip straeam or DRS for the straight anyway.

Said with the confidence of a guy that has driven it on the game!!!!!

Didn't know Tilke build the Nürburgring GP layout :)
He actually did :D I don't know when but he was the designer of the new first sector :)

I'm not saying they are absolutely the same. I'm saying that Tilke doesn't have the imagination to create absolutely different tracks at that point of his life. You may tell me a lot of differences between all corners but on the map they look absolutely the same. That's the truth and I don't think I'm the only person in the world who thinks like that :D He did almost the same in India for example but the track is brilliant and looks completely different.

Predictions:

-Massa will crash with Rosberg (yellow helmet, mistakes him with Hamilton). This might or might not happen while being lapped.
-HRT will start their glorious rush to the WCC. They are still in time to win it!
-Maldonado will try to overtake the Safety Car while it sits in the pit lane, and wreck it.
-Kimi will take a dump and miss the start. Still, he'll finnish in top 10.

Your forget Juan Manual Fangio. I think he will enter Top 5!

Tilke designed tracks:

• Red Bull Ring, formerly A1 Ring.
  • Buddh International Circuit
  • Circuit de Catalunya
  • Circuit of the Americas
  • Zandvoort
  • Castellon
  • El Espacio Del Motor
  • Fuji International Speedway
  • Hockenhemring
  • Istanbul Park
  • Kazakstan Motor City
  • Korean International Circuit
  • Aragon
  • Moskva Raceway
  • Motorsportspark Beto Carrero
  • Nürburgring
  • Paul Richard
  • Rudskogen
  • Sachensring
  • Sepang F1 Circuit
  • Shanghai International Circuit
  • Yas Marina Circuit
Some are re-designs or additions like Zandvoort, chicane part was added by him i believe.

Paul Richard, Buddh, Circuit of the Americas, Aragon, Sepang, Yas Marina, Rudskogen, Fuji all the same?

...right

I think this is Spam too:

I get the feeling that the Tilke Tracks are not very much liked.
But I like them very much. They give a great feeling. The only thing that sucks about him is that he did to much tracks.

They are pieces of art, Especially the new Indian track. From the air it looks amazing.

Love the hairpin where you can´t see the apex as well. Just turn in and hope you nail it.

And half of the tracks he makes, are, boring to watch. It's sad. Even though the tracks are somewhat different, it's nothing very unique about them.
Big runoff areas, asphalt runoff, optimized for TV, straight - hairpin. First corners that's almost the same "kind" on every track.

I'm very much aware of the fact that Tilke himself doesn't have much to say really. I also know that his original Korean GP track was altered, to make it easier to position the ads on the track, and being on the TV-screen for a longer time! So, it's not really much of his own fault.

But the new tracks, are boring to watch. Like I said, there aren't much unique tracks anymore.

Well you answered your own thoughts there.

With Austin and Buddh he did get some more loose hands, both contain elevations.
Buddh 15m and 40m for Austin.

To build a new SPA or Nords you need a mountain, most of the time tracks are located in areas close the city, some even in it.
I honestly also doubt anyone would do a better job if they were given the same regulations to follow.

But as we have seen, give him more free hands and he will create good tracks, Austin and Dehli.
Korea is another fantastic racetrack, 3 completely different sections forcing the team to sacrifice one to be fast in the others.

I don't find any race boring tbh, if there's a battle it's amazing but otherwise i just enjoy the strategic part of the racing.

Should also mention that SPA in the dry is as boring as it can get.
Suzuka is a wonderful track, genius in fact but very rarely actually produce exciting races.

The only track i would say Tilke could have done better is Yas Marina.
The ideas fir the track was to promote battles and overtakes but none of it happened.

But they have several layouts and i think the high speed chicane should be added in.
It's the one on the left after the esses.

Whats the deal now with BBC. I dont get it.
Just saw a full coverage of Melbourne by the BBC uploaded to YT. I thought they only did highlights for that race.
Or do they only broadcast that full race on Internet?

thanks for that channel on youtube, quiet interesting.

By the way I rather race in Malaysia than China....for odd unwordly reason I find that im racing on a gripless track no matter how much its has rubbered in...especially sector 2.

Malaysia for me is just fun, matter fact I put it on my top 5 tracks to race on.

1. Hungary
2. Singapore
3. Korea
4. Spa
5. Malaysia

for me anyways :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.2%