2012 Formula One Belgian Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
1) You're the only one being a douchebag from what I see.
2) There is no such thing as deceleration, trust me I'm an engineer.
3) We're not saying he had to slam on the brakes to avoid contact, only "lifting off" the accelerator a bit.

Excuse me while I comprehend the stupid in this post...

Ok, right, so what happens when we step on the 'GO!' pedal? Acceleration? Brilliant, now we're half way there! Now, what happens when we take our foot OFF of the 'GO!' pedal? Are you telling me that if we were to take an infinite long, perfectly straight and perfectly flat road, take an F1 car to top speed then lift off the 'GO!' pedal, the car would continue on for infinity? If so, the laws of physics have been farting in our face all these years! No, when you lift off, the car stops accelerating and the forces which work against the car (including, but not limited to, mechanical friction, wind resistance and gravity... You know that one, right? GRAVITY!?) begin to slow it down. 'Slow down'=decelerate. Jesus, are you even a real person? What exactly do you engineer? Toilet rolls?! -.-

Unbelievable. :thumbsdown:
Yes, yes you are!

Anyhow, moving on... I implore you to take a look into just how much speed is lost when lifting completely off the throttle of a modern F1 car. Their weight, aero and mechanics are such that lifting off from, say 150Km/h is pretty much equivalent to standing on the brakes of a sports car travelling at the same speed. All this, and you're telling me that Lewis should have lifted off the throttle, by any amount, to avoid that idiot? Nope, not going to happen, and nor should it need to!

In terms of Race he was Unlucky but in terms of Life he was the Most Luckiest Person Missing Major Accident by inches ..

Racing is part of these drivers lives. He can only look at what happen as a positive. He is alive to battle it out another day.

Btw, I wouldn't call it a "major accident". Major accident would what happened to Kubica in that BMW or Bergmeister in the Super GT. With Alonso, sorry but if that wheel had hit him he wouldn't resist the injuries - not at that speed.

You are missing the cues, m8...

No... YOU are missing my point entirely! I know what you were getting at, I'm not a blithering idiot! I know you disagree with me and you ought to know that I don't give a monkey's hoo-haa about that! I have chacked the physics and I never said anything about an F1 driver in an F1 car stamping on the brakes at all, I said about an F1 driver in an F1 car LIFTING OFF THE THROTTLE ENTIRELY and someone in a SPORTS CAR HITTING THE BRAKES being basically the same, with regards to the forces involved. Look, stop being a total idiot and look into it, I'm not just spouting bull here, it's fact, not opinion! Why don't YOU check the physics? Why don't YOU go through telemetry data and learn for yourself, instead of trying to make someone who does know about this stuff seem like an idiot? All you're doing is making yourself look even worse.

Now, because I know when I've been dragged too low in a debate and that if I go any further, I'll end up looking like a moron and, at best, simply repeating myself, I'm going to back out of the debate! Not because I give up, but because my views, opinions and knowledge are here, for all to see, and I have nothing more constructive to add to it. Yes, I may be quite patronising, but that's only because I tend to be able to see what oh so many others seem to miss; stuff I think ought to be obvious, but is so often not.

N.B. Please, don't type in txt spk, it looks childish and doesn't read very well to those of us who use REAL English. -.-

Grosjean - 1 Race Ban

Very inconsistant from the FIA. If Grosjean gets a 1 Race Ban for that, then Maldonado should of got a 1 Race Ban for the incident with Hamilton at Valencia...

Maybe so...but the effects of the incident at Valencia had nothing to do with today's. Grosjean is all over the incident and could have hit Alonso in the head.

Maybe so...but the effects of the incident at Valencia had nothing to do with today's. Grosjean is all over the incident and could have hit Alonso in the head.

Grosjean didn't intend to nearly decapitate Alonso. Just because some incidents cause worse effects than others, doesn't mean the penalty should be changed.

The penalty should be based on the actions, not the results.

If somebody hits a car and causes only that car to have damage, that should be EXACTLY the same penalty if another car was unfortunately involved if the action was the same.

Grosjean - Accidently caused collision.
Maldonado - Purposely cause collision (Perez in Monaco Practice)

Surely Maldonado should have a harsher penalty ?

As I said before, "The penalty should be based on the actions, not the results."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes